Cotton Alley Level 19 XOXO Glitched

HOGIE838EIRE

I’ve been practicing this level all day and I’ve been getting extremely frustrated!!

The problem (which I didn’t realise) was that the locks were opening slowly and they were closing extremely fast. When I reached halfway through the third corridor they began locking and they had locked just as I reached the top corridor. That is impossible!

I looked at some YouTube videos and I noticed that they were reaching the top corridor before the locks even began closing. I realised there’s something amiss here. I checked for an update but there was none.

Then I closed the application and started it back up, went straight to level 19 again and this time the locks were opening fast. I reached the top before they start locking and had plenty of time to adjust and make my way across.

I have no idea what caused the speed of the locks to reverse but restarting the game fixed it. I just want to make people aware so they don’t suffer the same frustration. Closing the game instead of putting it into sleep mode might be a good idea after each use.

• Like 3

Yeah it's not the only level on the Vita that is glitched, Rapture Dark 15 - Choke is also glitched. Sometimes one of maggots that are on the ceiling will spawn on the floor and become impossible to pass safely. This is why I always tell people that if they want to platinum this game, to do it on a PS4 so they don't have these issues. 

• Like 2

It seemed to happen to me when I was on the game for a few hours prior to doing that level, it’s like it slows it down and makes the level lag. Closing the application would always fix it for me though. For that reason alone, I always started with level 19 doing the No Death run. Good luck.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Dark said:

It seemed to happen to me when I was on the game for a few hours prior to doing that level, it’s like it slows it down and makes the level lag. Closing the application would always fix it for me though. For that reason alone, I always started with level 19 doing the No Death run. Good luck.

That makes sense. While getting the platinum I played on a PS4 and I personally never played the game for more than an hour at a time so that's probably why I hadn't encountered that. During my time playing the game on the Vita i'd experience problems with both levels only after about 10-15 minutes of playing. I can't imagine how frustrating it would be losing a no-death run to either of those.

Edited by SlimSanta94

Just now, Dark said:

I noticed the same thing on this level on PS4.  I think you've got it right, it's caused by the game being open too long.  I noticed the gates closing a little earlier than they should and eventually, they just close faster and faster until it's impossible.  I'm not sure how long you've got until it's impossible to do, but it seemed like it took hours to get to that point.

23 hours ago, SlimSanta94 said:

Yeah it's not the only level on the Vita that is glitched, Rapture Dark 15 - Choke is also glitched. Sometimes one of maggots that are on the ceiling will spawn on the floor and become impossible to pass safely. This is why I always tell people that if they want to platinum this game, to do it on a PS4 so they don't have these issues. 

Ah, I've seen this one on PS4 as well, though only when playing the level after having died in it a few times.  I never saw it playing the level the first time.  It's funny the little things you work around without even giving it much though until someone else points it out.

Edited by dmland12
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, lilpain97 said:

I never had the level 19 glitch at all but the dark rapture 15 one I did. I was on ps4 as I don't own Vita. Why would you leave your ps4 in rest mode that long?

Whenever I'm finished playng for the day I just put PS4 into rest mode. Is it bad to do that?

19 hours ago, HOGIE838IRE said:

Whenever I'm finished playng for the day I just put PS4 into rest mode. Is it bad to do that?

Never said it was bad. I simply asked a question. A lot of games have glitches like this, Bloodborne for example although that helps. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
On 5/30/2018 at 2:39 PM, SlimSanta94 said:

The Choke glitch is also on ps4, although maybe it’s less frequent? I’ve never seen it on a first attempt but if I die and restart the level sometimes the maggot is on the floor. 

On 5/26/2019 at 4:44 AM, Datboy1991 said:

The Choke glitch is also on ps4, although maybe it’s less frequent? I’ve never seen it on a first attempt but if I die and restart the level sometimes the maggot is on the floor. 

It's exactly that. The first time around the glitch never happens, but after a death can happen. Good thing is, it shouldn't happen on a no-death run ?

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

I was about to post about this in the bitching thread lmao. 

I was practising Cotton Alley last night and this stage went from being cleared 75% of the time to literally impossible. I was frustrating myself trying to pinpoint exactly how I got so bad, turns out the gaps behind you would close before the ones in front of meatboy would even open. ? 

But yeah, closing and opening the app fixed it. 

• 11 months later...

Ugh, now this makes more sense. I was wondering how the hell you can even make it when it starts closing this early! Will try rebooting then. I experienced the same issue with 5-15x as others have with the bug on the ground, but I also had a similar issue with 5-5x, "Nix". The bridge would close faster than it usually would, making it damn near impossible to get across in time. I only had this issue when I started 5-5x from the map, but never once had this problem when going from 5-4x to 5-5x. I hope this helps anyone who is experiencing similar issues!

• 8 months later...

This happened to me twice on PS5 when going for the no death run trophy on cotton alley dark world (~10 hours of attempts, so it’s quite rare). It’s obvious when the bug happens, there is no way you can make it to the end of XOXO when it occurs (if you go VERY fast you might make it with a few frames to spare). I found that exiting the level doesn’t fix the issue but exiting the game and starting it again does (as others have said here). I’d recommend doing XOXO as one of the first 5 levels for no death runs for anyone going for the platinum and that’s partially because of the randomness of the bug. I lost a run to it once which was frustrating to say the least. 

Edited by damienjablonski