First reviews are catastrophic

Neef-GT5

17 minutes ago, Bloodytears1666 said:

As you understand from previous post, if not Amnesia experience I would never look for this type of games. As for Downpour, for me this one in top 3 of Silent Hills series. A lot of things there were very weak, but since Silent Hill 1 it's the only game where we again back to the town, plus less fun service and self copying resulting in absolutely original one, what for me was a breath of fresh air since third Silent Hill. I liked the story and game mechanics a lot, 'course monsters didn't look as great as Japanese artist could paint them, but they, again, since Silent Hill one were deadly pack of constant threat. In Agony enemies just a decoration, it sees you, it runs to you and kill you - all formula. In Silent Hill Downpour you could shoot at them, beat them bare hands or with anything you can found on the ground, in Amnesia you couldn't even look at monsters without risk of being paralyzed by lost sanity - and this I call game mechanics.

There are games that makes people confused, for example hauting ground in which i once had a discussion with a friend of mine because he thought the game was boring because of the chases. to which i replied that this was a pathetic excuse because all horror games have their characteristics and not every game has to be like resident evil or alone in the dark! there is a huge diversity in the genres it is up to each one to choose.
regarding silent hill, there is a connection between the first three games, a good story where the konami at that time was a company that made good games, downpour is just a game without feet or head. it's like you go to a forest at night and walk around and you're end lost .. the same applies to the book of memories. for me SH can have new protagonists, new history since its something great
and that leaves a feeling of happiness in the players who play it (but it has not happened) but each person thinks in his own way, maybe the problem is mine because I played SH1 in 1999 and not now ..
I agree with you on the part of the decoration, but i don't think this is a challenging game.. is just annoying certain collectibles and trying to survive the constant pursuits in a particular area as with other games. I personally like this kind of thing, although I find a medium game hence i'm not judging you by the fact that you have already played other games that are bad for me ;)

Edited by Nimera

31 minutes ago, Nimera said:

There are games that makes people confused, for example hauting ground in which i once had a discussion with a friend of mine because he thought the game was boring because of the chases. to which i replied that this was a pathetic excuse because all horror games have their characteristics and not every game has to be like resident evil or alone in the dark! there is a huge diversity in the genres it is up to each one to choose.
regarding silent hill, there is a connection between the first three games, a good story where the konami at that time was a company that made good games, downpour is just a game without feet or head. it's like you go to a forest at night and walk around and you're end lost .. the same applies to the book of memories. for me SH can have new protagonists, new history since its something great
and that leaves a feeling of happiness in the players who play it (but it has not happened) but each person thinks in his own way, maybe the problem is mine because I played SH1 in 1999 and not now ..
I agree with you on the part of the decoration, but i don't think this is a challenging game.. is just annoying certain collectibles and trying to survive the constant pursuits in a particular area as with other games. I personally like this kind of thing, although I find a medium game hence i'm not judging you by the fact that you have already played other games that are bad for me ;)

Me too played Silent Hill 1 since '99 near each year to 2018, you knowxD So no credit or advantage. I've found at least 100 of games that are bad for me in your list, no point here, too.

3 minutes ago, Bloodytears1666 said:

Me too played Silent Hill 1 since '99 near each year to 2018, you knowxD So no credit or advantage. I've found at least 100 of games that are bad for me in your list, no point here, too.

I'm just comparing horror games lol it's not a matter of advantage, it's a self defense that i create against those people who say we have the mentality of the past

2 minutes ago, Nimera said:

I'm just comparing horror games lol it's not a matter of advantage, it's a self defense that i create against those people who say we have the mentality of the past

To me it looks quite opposite, Agony is the new wave of, shouldn't be called like that, Survival Horror. Horror, interactive move to walk out is perfectly fits. I hope you understand the biggest difference, and it always hidden in survival gameplay, not in visuals.

I think it's not worth talking to the walls (because they never hear us) to summarize and concluding I'm not defending agony because I said earlier that it's a "more or less" game isn't an outlast or amnesia but has positive and negative aspects like all horror games in general . if it's worth playing? I'm sure some people will hate and others who will have the curiosity to play. 

Usually i never care about reviews because sometimes don't translate the truth (and i could even name several games)

Edited by Nimera

Apparently some of the gore scenes were deleted.
https://www.oneangrygamer.net/2018/05/agonys-deleted-scenes-included-guro-sex-fetal-and-vaginal-mutilation/60194/

4 hours ago, Bloodytears1666 said:

As you understand from previous post, if not Amnesia experience I would never look for this type of games. As for Downpour, for me this one in top 3 of Silent Hills series. A lot of things there were very weak, but since Silent Hill 1 it's the only game where we again back to the town, plus less fun service and self copying resulting in absolutely original one, what for me was a breath of fresh air since third Silent Hill. I liked the story and game mechanics a lot, 'course monsters didn't look as great as Japanese artist could paint them, but they, again, since Silent Hill one were deadly pack of constant threat. In Agony enemies just a decoration, it sees you, it runs to you and kill you - all formula. In Silent Hill Downpour you could shoot at them, beat them bare hands or with anything you can found on the ground, in Amnesia you couldn't even look at monsters without risk of being paralyzed by lost sanity - and this I call game mechanics.

Hum... that sounds interesting. My husband got this game so I might try it...

My god, as time goes on this is confusing to judge by numbers, there's people giving what appears to be genuine passionate 10s at the same time as people giving 1s. This kinda makes me want to try it more since there's very little middle ground, seems like a love it or hate it game.