Five plus years later...

Rogue-Eaglet

4 minutes ago, Rogue-Eaglet said:

Asylum. I already like the sound of that. Seriously, maybe I'll regret saying this down the line, but as of right now, looks like this community has an actual level of maturity. Much different from other forums I've joined in the past. 

Oh it does for sure. Warning points are given and comments get deleted if overly "trolly'. :) 

Edited by Zach

19 minutes ago, Zach said:

Oh it does for sure. Warning points are given and comments get deleted if overly "trolly'. :) 

Dutifully noted, not that I think I should warrant that kind of attraction. 

Say, any of you have suggestions of places to go check out on the forums? Fun game threads, interesting discussions worth checking out or even a chilling thread to get to know the place better. 

Hello Rouge! Welcome to the club, I've joined the site recently myself and I'm enjoying myself being here.

Another member into the JRPG/RPG catagory is always a good thing along with anime. You just won yourself a like. ;)

Hope to get to know you more as you get comfortable here, take care now. :) 

• Like 1

Welcome to the site Rogue-Eaglet. :)

I also stalked around here for a while before I decided to participate a little bit more not so long ago. I'm sure you will find most of the folks here to be nice and respectful. Hope you enjoy your time around here.

Just like you, I also get little time to play video games or watch anime and I sometimes need to sacrifice one in order to do the other. Pretty cool you are into cosplay. I can imagine the time and effort such a hobby takes on your time.

Anyways, be nice and have fun. See you around! ;)

1 hour ago, Zach said:

@Rogue-Eaglet Where do I even begin. :) Do you like Sports? Do you like movies/tv shows? Do you like Art? Do you like earning trophies on PSN? Feel like being random? So many options. All depends on what you like!

Haha, yeah I suppose there is plenty a things to discover. Not much of a sports person, to be honest. i do plan on watching the FIFA this summer, but I admit to not being all that stat savvy. Personally I think I might find myself at home amongst movies/tv shows, trophies and definitely the random. Who doesn't love randomness?

59 minutes ago, KaiserMaglorix said:

Hello Rouge! Welcome to the club, I've joined the site recently myself and I'm enjoying myself being here.

Another member into the JRPG/RPG catagory is always a good thing along with anime. You just won yourself a like. ;)

Hope to get to know you more as you get comfortable here, take care now. :) 

Why thank you. I think JRPG and anime kind of go hand in hand. Glad to know there's a niche for those who enjoy both around here. Unfortunately I do have to admit that I might still be a bit wet behind the ears in the JRPG genre. I've only come to appreciate those games and the long hours of gameplay in the past years so there's a great many titles I have yet to play.

40 minutes ago, Honor_Hand said:

Welcome to the site Rogue-Eaglet. :)

I also stalked around here for a while before I decided to participate a little bit more not so long ago. I'm sure you will find most of the folks here to be nice and respectful. Hope you enjoy your time around here.

Just like you, I also get little time to play video games or watch anime and I sometimes need to sacrifice one in order to do the other. Pretty cool you are into cosplay. I can imagine the time and effort such a hobby takes on your time.

Anyways, be nice and have fun. See you around! ;)

Sacrifice one or the other, that sounds just about right to be honest. Always nice to hear others are having that reality as well. It gets easy to forget you're not alone in thst boat when everyone around you seem to find the time to do both. I'm thinking they must be sacrificing sleep instead. Sadly, I love my sleep too much for that ? And yeah, cosplay can indeed become time consuming, especially armours.

Thank you for the warm welcomes everyone. ?

Sup, Rogue. The Community Events forum is probably the best in terms of getting to know people and becoming involved in all the weirdness celebratory goodness that goes on around here.

I'm also a fan of Trophy Checklists, because everybody talks about the games they're playing.

9 hours ago, Rogue-Eaglet said:

Well maybe that wasn't as disastrous of an intro as I thought it was going to be. Hopefully I didn't bore anyone to sleep. Looking forward to getting to know all of you fellow gamers and diving in this community. 

Not at all, interesting read! Welcome!

So you are into cosplay? Nice. Any chance we might see one or two of your creations? Might be a nice story here and there too. As for the community. Well I joined two month ago myself, for the trophy checklist at first but then I made an introduction on the forum. And all the responses where really nice and honest, as far as I can. :) I knew right away that I came to a place where I could fit in. It really is a great place filled with very nice people.

Cheers! I've joined other communities before and this is the first place where I feel welcome without being a veteran or completely extrovert. So yes I think you've found a great place :)

as durandal already requested, maybe you can show us some of your cosplay one day, I'd be very interested, too! 

On 2018-05-31 at 5:56 AM, Durandal said:

Not at all, interesting read! Welcome!

So you are into cosplay? Nice. Any chance we might see one or two of your creations?

On 2018-05-31 at 11:45 AM, Tepp-a said:

as durandal already requested, maybe you can show us some of your cosplay one day, I'd be very interested, too! 

Got to admit I'm a little hesistant on sharing since I know none of you yet, but then again, I got an instagram, facebook page and an amino account... think my face is plastered on enough social medias for it to be a little late to be weary lol. Unfortunately, my shoot for Gentiana from FFXV was this past weekend so I don't have pictures yet and it downright shame cause that is easily my most time-consuming one, not to mention a good demonstration of my skills. Anywho, you guys can have some Meliodas from Seven Deadly Sins and my little AC: Syndicate inspired Rook for examples. ?

If the links don't work let me know. I'm still trying to get the hang of this ipad of mine and how it works with this website. ?

EDIT: by the way I've stumbled upon this Trophy Checklist thing Cassy was talking about. Someone care to give me a run down about what it really is? I've looked at a few of them threads but I'm not entirely sure I know what - if there are any - guidelines are to be followed. It's something that looks interesting for me.

Edited by Rogue-Eaglet

There are no guidelines as far as I can tell. Basically it is a place where you can put some sort of journal about your gaming activity online, if you will. This can be a simple list or something more elaborate with goals and lots of data. And you can tell a little bit about the games you play and what you achieved while playing them. You can even put up reviews up if you like. The best thing is to come up with a theme for your journal/checklist and go from there, as in what kind of activities you want to track and the things you want to talk about. And of course how much effort you want to put into it. One common theme for this is the backlog and how to manage it. There are lots of different checklist online.

About your links, they work but you need access to view the files. Not sure if I want to do this, might it be possible to post a link to your instagram site?

Yep, there are no rules for the Trophy Checklists other than being yourself. Durandal's description is pretty spot on. Is kinda like a mini blog of your gaming activities. You can put all your gaming information there but the main idea behind it is so you can organize yourself on the things you want to get accomplished on a certain time basis.

Regarding the links, if you want to share pictures over the internet, nothing beats uploading them to an image hosting site like Imgur or Photobucket and then placing the link over here. :)

9 hours ago, Honor_Hand said:

Regarding the links, if you want to share pictures over the internet, nothing beats uploading them to an image hosting site like Imgur or Photobucket and then placing the link over here. :)

Yeah, I'm familiar with both. Photobucket seize to be free a while back though and I completely forgot I have an account on imgur. Hopefully this website is friendly with imgur than another forum I'm part of.

10 hours ago, Durandal said:

There are no guidelines as far as I can tell. Basically it is a place where you can put some sort of journal about your gaming activity online, if you will. This can be a simple list or something more elaborate with goals and lots of data. And you can tell a little bit about the games you play and what you achieved while playing them. You can even put up reviews up if you like. The best thing is to come up with a theme for your journal/checklist and go from there, as in what kind of activities you want to track and the things you want to talk about. And of course how much effort you want to put into it. One common theme for this is the backlog and how to manage it. There are lots of different checklist online.

About your links, they work but you need access to view the files. Not sure if I want to do this, might it be possible to post a link to your instagram site?

Thanks for the explanation. It's pretty much what I had gathered but wanted to be sure. As for the links, guess I forgot to tell drive to give access. Anyways, attempt #2.?

cMn9CPq.jpg

9RC9oJf.jpg

Guess it worked this time. :)

• Like 3

Great photos, really! Begs the question if you do this somehow professionally or if you are just obsessed with cosplay. ;) In any case I admire you attention to detail and dedication to make these costumes! How many have you made so far nd how often do you do these photo sessions?

Thanks guys. ? 

Unfortunately it's merely a hobby. Sometimes I think it would be neat to do this for a living, but it's just like video-games, I rather keep them as a hobby. Too much of it could very well have me loath it down the road and I'd hate for that to happen. I've always loved crafting and sewing, so I tend to go all out with my creativity. I'm also a perfectionist when it comes to things I held dear so that's how we come down to such dedication to details. Can be real annoying at times though lol. Because of this, I tend to reward myself with a photoshoot, so I guess the rule of thumb is one shoot per costume. Some have more than one because I got friends joining later on with other characters of the series or I'm visiting a new con with better locations for the cosplay.

And I'll stop rambling here. However, to answer  your question @Durandal I think I'm somewhere near a dozen now. Though some have been retired. I've been doing this for roughly 5 years now, so have had time to gather them.

• Like 1

You should do a Count Dooku cosplay, while wearing the infinity gauntlet and a vault Tec pip boy. Oh also use Kirito's sword and tell people it's your Guts cosplay from Berserk ;) let's see how funny that would be and how many angry people it might create?? 

Edited by The High Ground