Possible June 30th 2018 Shutdown Date

POEman553

In the UK PSN store, Starhawk has within its description that a shutdown date will occur on June 30th, 2018. This may include US region as well, but it's currently not on the Game servers page for PlayStation.com. I would move on this as soon as possible. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MiamiNights89 said:

Cheers for the heads up, bro. Once i finish up warhawk I'll jump onto this. Should be a piece of cake in comparison though.

I think Warhawk will be fine -- the fact that it's on PlayStation Now is proof. 

After I finish Starhawk, I'll jump back on Warhawk and finish that. That will be a long grind though. 

12 minutes ago, Lance_87 said:

It's written in the Italian page as well. And here: http://www.jp.playstation.com/important-notice/2018/20180530/

I didn't know the game was available digitally, nor that they're selling it both as a bundle and with separate singleplayer/multiplayer components.

If it's on the Japanese page, that further cements it being a worldwide shutdown. US PSN store page will likely see an updated description later today. 

This does make no sense when Sony Interactive Entertainment is the game publisher and they're supposed to announce server shutdowns 90 days in advance and even gave Resistance 2 ten more days to keep to that. This could be another LittleBigPlanet Karting case where people think the servers are shutting down but they're only shutting for a specific region. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Sergen said:

This does make no sense when Sony Interactive Entertainment is the game publisher and they're supposed to announce server shutdowns 90 days in advance and even gave Resistance 2 ten more days to keep to that. This could be another LittleBigPlanet Karting case where people think the servers are shutting down but they're only shutting for a specific region. 

The fact that multiple regions are saying it's occurring tells me it's happening. The date may get changed though (ModNation Racers was originally July 10th (?) for a shutdown date and got changed to October 2018). This isn't one to wait until the last minute.

• Like 2

Either way, it's not a hard plat to get. The online requires a couple of nights of play with 2 players/2 controller splitscreen each. If anyone is looking to do this in the coming weeks, drop me a friend request, I've already got the game and I'm willing to jump on with whoever wants to :)

Edited by MiamiNights89
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, POEman553 said:

The fact that multiple regions are saying it's occurring tells me it's happening. The date may get changed though (ModNation Racers was originally July 10th (?) for a shutdown date and got changed to October 2018). This isn't one to wait until the last minute.

The fact that PS Now is really only in the US and the game is available on there lends more credence to Sergens comment about it being completely shut down everywhere except the US. 

On 5/31/2018 at 6:02 AM, DaivRules said:

The fact that PS Now is really only in the US and the game is available on there lends more credence to Sergens comment about it being completely shut down everywhere except the US. 

Even still, that's fucked up Sony wouldn't announce it. 

I didn't even know this game was region locked.

For those wanting to get it done, the mp is about 20 hrs of boosting per person, give or take. Prospector mode can be done offline, so I'm not including that in the estimate.

Edit: Apparently, Prospector mode still needs to connect to the servers, even if you are going to solo it. Ugh...

Edited by Phil
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

PS Now is in other countries than the US.

Also, I swear I've seen Starhawk on PS Now. Maybe I'm wrong. A quick google shows that in 2016 someone recorded a video of the game on PS4 via PS Now. Too lazy to boot up my PC or PS4 to check it and I didn't see it on the game page on the PlayStation site.

Starhawk isn't region locked, I've played with European people before. I don't think this would be the case of something like LBKP/LBP where they just turn it off on Japan, especially when it's showing the notice in all EU region stores. 

Edited by Gage

29 minutes ago, Gage said:

Starhawk isn't region locked, I've played with European people before. I don't think this would be the case of something like LBKP/LBP where they just turn it off on Japan, especially when it's showing the notice in all EU region stores. 

If it's not region locked, what could this all mean? Maybe they plan to delist it in those countries?

Maybe someone in one of these countries that has this notice could hit up PSN on twitter asking them to clarify the meaning?

9 hours ago, Phil said:

For those wanting to get it done, the mp is about 20 hrs of boosting per person, give or take. Prospector mode can be done offline, so I'm not including that in the estimate.

Seems the guide at .org recommends doing prospector mode solo so at least thats a couple of trophies I don't have to try and do

Edited by black__bunny

Prospector isn't offline and it's the most boring part of the grind. You can get all 100 wins in each mode in about 5h each, but prospector will take up to 15h to complete and it's incredibly repetitive. Disc version has an exploit that can be used for the campaign on highest diff, but it's not that bad without it. Just make sure you go back to mercenary after you play prospector, since that is better to do on easy, for obvious reasons. 

14 hours ago, black__bunny said:

Seems the guide at .org recommends doing prospector mode solo so at least thats a couple of trophies I don't have to try and do

Hmmm....since I saw @TheYuriG post, I wanted to test it out. You can do Prospector solo, but unfortunately, you have to connect to the servers to even do that.

Guess which game in my backlog just got pushed back up to the front of the line?

...Goddamnit...