Possible June 30th 2018 Shutdown Date

POEman553

1 hour ago, Phil said:

Hmmm....since I saw @TheYuriG post, I wanted to test it out. You can do Prospector solo, but unfortunately, you have to connect to the servers to even do that.

Guess which game in my backlog just got pushed back up to the front of the line?

...Goddamnit...

You don't, if you sign out and start the game it lets you still play coop by yourself. The issue would be whether it actually counts as everything else has to be done in "public" online games, and stats are all saved online. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Gage said:

You don't, if you sign out and start the game it lets you still play coop by yourself. The issue would be whether it actually counts as everything else has to be done in "public" online games, and stats are all saved online. 

No matter what I did, I could not get the Prospector mode to start without signing to the server. Can you make a quick video show us how to do it? I can make a quick video showing how I've tried it.

Also, for those wanting to get prospector done without a partner, here's the best video for it.

Also, I say we try and get a direct response to this. So far it's only speculation. Anybody with a twitter account should either retweet or tweet at them so we can get a response and confirmation, one way or the other.

https://twitter.com/prarpin/status/1002554734329225217?s=20

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Phil said:

Hmmm....since I saw @TheYuriG post, I wanted to test it out. You can do Prospector solo, but unfortunately, you have to connect to the servers to even do that.

Guess which game in my backlog just got pushed back up to the front of the line?

...Goddamnit...

I believe Aela wanted to do it as well and the boost is a lot easier done with 2 real people instead of 2 ps3s. Maybe get in touch and get it done you both?

Also prospector is incredibly dull and boring, it's what made my plat take so long, CBA doing too much of it at once.

Also saw that Gage said you can do prospector offline, I've tried it several times and couldn't get it to work. In fact, this would be on the bottom of my priority list if it was possible as I wouldn't be arsed to work on that boring grind otherwise. Prospector uses your online character and adds exp to it based on your medals earned. Can't see that being played offline, really.

Edited by TheYuriG

@TheYuriG

Oh, I have all of the mp done already. I just have Prospector and the sp left. Doesn't bother me really to start it back up since I was working on Red Faction Armageddon and it all of the suddenly stopped popping all trophies. Even story progression trophies stopped popping. So yea, I don't mind putting it down for a bit.

13 minutes ago, Phil said:

@Gage

Here's the video of my attempt at getting on Prospector mode. Let me know what I'm doing wrong. 

When it asks if you want to leave your session pick no. :P

I'm also playing MP standalone version, so if you pick no and it still doesn't let you it could be something specific to MP standalone. 

Edited by Gage

I'd say play prospector with a buddy.. funnier and take more or less 10 hrs.. 

All the other online modes can be boosted with a second console idling.

iirc in tdm.. losing team can even back out so you get the wins faster

Edited by Milanzzo
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Gage said:

When it asks if you want to leave your session pick no. :P

I'm also playing MP standalone version, so if you pick no and it still doesn't let you it could be something specific to MP standalone. 

6 hours ago, Phil said:

I guess a picture is worth 1,000 words. Thank you. Worked. I'll update the description and put a comment in the video just in case somebody comes across it.

Just wanted to double check im reading it right, prospector mode can be done offline?

1 hour ago, black__bunny said:

Just wanted to double check im reading it right, prospector mode can be done offline?

It can be played offline yes, the issue is I've not found anyone saying that it does count for the 50 completions trophy. I know someone else who is starting the game who is going to try and confirm whether it counts by playing their 50th match offline and see if it pops that trophy. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Gage said:

It can be played offline yes, the issue is I've not found anyone saying that it does count for the 50 completions trophy. I know someone else who is starting the game who is going to try and confirm whether it counts by playing their 50th match offline and see if it pops that trophy. 

Awesome! If they can confirm either way thats at least something to know which way to go for these trophies

9 hours ago, Milanzzo said:

I'd say play prospector with a buddy.. funnier and take less than 10 hrs...

More people doesn't make it faster because adds more enemies and you seem to take slightly more damage. Every game takes about 12 minutes plus loading times, i highly doubt you can complete all 50 matches with less than 10 hours.

56 minutes ago, TheYuriG said:

More people doesn't make it faster because adds more enemies and you seem to take slightly more damage. Every game takes about 12 minutes plus loading times, i highly doubt you can complete all 50 matches with less than 10 hours.

10 hrs = 600 minutes ÷ 12 minutes = 50 matches..

Anyway i felt it was pretty quick and really more enjoyable that way. We played Dust map and it was quite easy.

6 minutes ago, Dark said:

Servers seem to be down for me and a friend right now, hoping it’s just a temporary thing.

Me and my friend can no longer get to the mp. 

"Unable to connect to servers"

Edited by alineli
new info

5 hours ago, Milanzzo said:

10 hrs = 600 minutes ÷ 12 minutes = 50 matches..

Anyway i felt it was pretty quick and really more enjoyable that way. We played Dust map and it was quite easy.

You are ignoring loading times and failures. Even on easy you will get overwhelmed by snipers or hawks eventually

This mode is best played with 4 players using mics.  Each person can specialize in weaponry or defense and spend their points evenly for good strategy.  I preferred building turrets, my buddies preferred using the Jets/Robot things because I sucked at flying.  You can save eachother's backs by calling out tough enemies or hordes,etc. and focus fire where needed. 

Edited by DARKB1KE

6 hours ago, TheYuriG said:

You are ignoring loading times and failures. Even on easy you will get overwhelmed by snipers or hawks eventually

18 hours ago, black__bunny said:

Awesome! If they can confirm either way thats at least something to know which way to go for these trophies

18 hours ago, Gage said:

Somebody in our discord tested it offline. You do not earn trophies unless you are on the server.

• Like 1