Possible June 30th 2018 Shutdown Date

POEman553

I am going to tackle the MP with a friend starting this weekend. Anyone have any useful tips or can link to a boosting method that they found best? I already found some but I like to get tips from the community in case anyone found an OP method. 

4 hours ago, Afro_Gear said:

I am going to tackle the MP with a friend starting this weekend. Anyone have any useful tips or can link to a boosting method that they found best? I already found some but I like to get tips from the community in case anyone found an OP method. 

-If you got a 2nd PS3, get a 2nd copy of the game. Digital copy is still up on PSN and will work.

-Have 4 controllers.

-You won't get kicked for being idle.

-Set rounds to 5 minute rounds for CTF and TDM. Zones is easy enough to do capturing everything because it'll count it down from 30 seconds.

-Use TDM, time at 15 minutes and set kills to 25 kills. At 25 kills, after 40 matches, you should have 1000 kills.

-Play Prospector non-stop and do Site 17. You won't have to deal with enemy hawks, tanks, and jeeps, just OPed dudes, flying space assholes, running zombie enemies and dudes that shoot guns. 

-You'll need help on misc trophies. You could try to do it in campaign, but what's the point? It's also possible to do some of them in Prospector mode too. 

-Don't use passwords to lock and set maximum & minimum to 4. You'll occasionally get idiots trying to play with you, highlight their name and kick the bum out. 

Edited by POEman553
  • Like 3

18 hours ago, Afro_Gear said:

For all the pvp stuff, it's straightforward. There's really no getting around it.

Prospector mode, you really have to find what works for you. I take an extra two minutes a match collecting the 4 rift barrels closest to my spawn point on Ballard's Crossing map. Asap, I build an ox tank first. Asap I build a laser turret close to the rig. Asap I build a repair arm right next to the rig, in between the rig and turret. Then I start placing laser turrets all around but near the rig. Once I have 3 turrets, I usually build and arms depot so I can get the rocket launcher to aid my turrets against hawks. 

Unlike @POEman553 , I prefer Hawks and ground vehicles. The laser turrets take them all out fast. The little ground troops sometimes have the demo guns that'll take down your rig and repair arm really fast. Vehicles are nice big visible targets.

• Like 2

Hoping to start making serious progress tonight. I've been getting a feel for the game, doing a little single player and also trying to get most of the miscellaneous trophies done (only two left). I've finished 2 prospector games and a handful of the other modes as well, but probably less than 100 kills. I'll probably keep track on paper to keep me motivated too, haha.

Hard to hear this is happening ?.

For prospector though, I'm a bit of an expert. No matter what, Site 17 is fastest, as long as you know the setups. I usually did that on Mercenary to grind xp (numbers can get ridiculous, but that's irrelevant to trophies). When the rng is friendly with the ai hp (it fluctuates, whatever), it usually takes less than 10 mins on merc, even less on any other difficulty. Ballard's always takes forever, honestly.

Also, in case US was still unsure, it's official now. It's up on the description for ultimate edition, which is $10, and the seperate halves are still $20 for some reason.

Edited by Capt_Francis
  • Like 2

On 6/1/2018 at 8:56 PM, Milanzzo said:

I'd say play prospector with a buddy.. funnier and take more or less 10 hrs.. 

All the other online modes can be boosted with a second console idling.

iirc in tdm.. losing team can even back out so you get the wins faster

On 6/2/2018 at 6:05 AM, TheYuriG said:

More people doesn't make it faster because adds more enemies and you seem to take slightly more damage. Every game takes about 12 minutes plus loading times, i highly doubt you can complete all 50 matches with less than 10 hours.

I'm not sure about time, but Milanzzo is right about it being way more fun. After we got the hang of it, me and my boosting partner would win every single time. And do so well, we'd have time to horse around. Like trying to drop structures on each other, among other shenanigans. :giggle: And I struggled trying to do them solo, to be honest. Which is why we decided to try it in co-op.

Edited by Fidel
  • Like 3

On 2018-06-05 at 5:19 AM, POEman553 said:

Zones is easy enough to do capturing everything because it'll count it down from 30 seconds.

You don't even need to capture everything, just capture the enemy base and they can't spawn in. World win in 30 seconds.

• Like 1

Is there a way to see how many Prospector wins you have or do you all just keep a mental note? Each win I get adds nothing to my total win count, so now I'm not really sure if they are even saving or not. The only thing that changes is the Prospector total play time.

2 hours ago, Empovyle said:

Is there a way to see how many Prospector wins you have or do you all just keep a mental note? Each win I get adds nothing to my total win count, so now I'm not really sure if they are even saving or not. The only thing that changes is the Prospector total play time.

I write them down. Im at 21 now and its so boring 

2 hours ago, Empovyle said:

You just have to keep track yourself or base off time played. Once you get past 10 hours you're close to done or about 3/4 done assuming you're winning every time and finishing relatively quick. 

On ‎6‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 1:51 PM, SniperEliteDido said:

i got prospector done after 15 hours and 22 mins of playing it solo, i gotta say it's damn fucking boring

But you'll go down with the ship, you won't put your hands up and surrender, there will be no white flag above your door....?

Edited by POEman553
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/12/2018 at 1:05 PM, Blazhead said:

Is fine tout finish multiplayer before 30 june, is not longs ( hopefull ils n'ont warhawk )

Warhawk servers are 1/2 and 1/2. I know Sony has dedicated server, a bunch of ps3s on a lan network, but you can also host a p2p server. So, who knows. I know they have been taken down by a ddose attack before. However, the servers for Warhawk are still super busy. There are hardcore Warhawk fans out there.

It's getting close to dump time. Still no official word from Sony. Not on their list of games shutting down their online service either. I'm curious to see if it'll really close. One week left fellas!

Not long to go now, hopefully y'all will get these online trophies done in time! I immensely underestimated how long the online stuff would take.. prospector was fun, but those MP wins were killer.. mentally and physically. So much disconnecting and freezing.

anyway, good luck!

On 6/5/2018 at 10:34 AM, Phil said:

For all the pvp stuff, it's straightforward. There's really no getting around it.

Prospector mode, you really have to find what works for you. I take an extra two minutes a match collecting the 4 rift barrels closest to my spawn point on Ballard's Crossing map. Asap, I build an ox tank first. Asap I build a laser turret close to the rig. Asap I build a repair arm right next to the rig, in between the rig and turret. Then I start placing laser turrets all around but near the rig. Once I have 3 turrets, I usually build and arms depot so I can get the rocket launcher to aid my turrets against hawks. 

Unlike @POEman553 , I prefer Hawks and ground vehicles. The laser turrets take them all out fast. The little ground troops sometimes have the demo guns that'll take down your rig and repair arm really fast. Vehicles are nice big visible targets.

Thanks again. I currently have 31 out of 50 mission done and can confirm I definitely prefer Ballard's Crossing. Your method is very good. Too many times were wasted on Zone 17 with the jetpack assholes ruining everything. I am so close to the end. Fingers crossed they don't shut down the servers first thing on Saturday because I will likely need most of the day to finish!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Afro_Gear said:

Thanks again. I currently have 31 out of 50 mission done and can confirm I definitely prefer Ballard's Crossing. Your method is very good. Too many times were wasted on Zone 17 with the jetpack assholes ruining everything. I am so close to the end. Fingers crossed they don't shut down the servers first thing on Saturday because I will likely need most of the day to finish!

Get yourself a rocket launcher and the jetpack guys become easy. I was playing with my son and I initially complained to him for wasting resources on a supply bunker but had to eat my words after we made short work of the jetpack dudes from then on. Good job, buddy! :)

6 hours ago, RNumbers said:

Get yourself a rocket launcher and the jetpack guys become easy. I was playing with my son and I initially complained to him for wasting resources on a supply bunker but had to eat my words after we made short work of the jetpack dudes from then on. Good job, buddy! :)

Supply bunkers made the whole thing so much easier. Walls to stop the jeeps from flying through a bunker to get rockets and turrets to slaughter everything. Pretty much every game I had about 15 turrets set up on that zone 17 level or whatever it's called. Also, those big dudes who pop up, just drop those buggy buildings on them, instal kills them every time. I was getting double and triple kills nearly every time

Since tomorrow is potentially the last day, anyone want to do one last hurrah play session? If you haven't gotten the online trophies by the end of tomorrow, I don't know what to tell you.

Also, keep in mind, Sony's servers tend to close early (Kill Strain, Gravity Crash) or not at all (Counterspy).