To buy or not to buy? My First Impressions video of this game.

cronocyde

2 hours ago, cronocyde said:

And how do you unlock him? Would love to know that to unlock it as soon as possible  1f601.png

It's says. You need to buy all characters or fully upgrade all ,one or the other I forget first then it unlocks. They are all trophy related anyway.

And it's not brutal at all, I actually beat arcade with Jon, but the platinum is heaps. 2/10 or 3/10. Depending on twin stick skills I'd say.

Edit: I might as well make a trophy guide at this point lol

Edited by Angus1343
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Angus1343 said:

It's says. You need to buy all characters or fully upgrade all ,one or the other I forget first then it unlocks. They are all trophy related anyway.

And it's not brutal at all, I actually beat arcade with Jon, but the platinum is heaps. 2/10 or 3/10. Depending on twin stick skills I'd say.

Good idea my friend, that would be awesome! ?

10 hours ago, Angus1343 said:

Surething if you ... Would be awesome to check it out :) Thanks if you have the time if not no worries :)

• Like 1

The OP-character Erika is unlocked when you unlock and fully upgrade Cloe, Liery and Fael. Once you upgraded those 3 you have to pay 9,999 gold to unlock Erika. Best thing is to unlock Cloe as soon as possible and then spend some time playing stage 4 (and maybe 5) until you have enough money to fully upgrade her and the MK 1000 which will greatly help to kill the enemies. Just ignore the turret as it feels rather useless.

If performing well you can earn about 3.5k to 4k coins with Cloe in stage 4 and about the same amount in stage 5.

2 hours ago, Crimson Idol said:

The OP-character Erika is unlocked when you unlock and fully upgrade Cloe, Liery and Fael. Once you upgraded those 3 you have to pay 9,999 gold to unlock Erika. Best thing is to unlock Cloe as soon as possible and then spend some time playing stage 4 (and maybe 5) until you have enough money to fully upgrade her and the MK 1000 which will greatly help to kill the enemies. Just ignore the turret as it feels rather useless.

If performing well you can earn about 3.5k to 4k coins with Cloe in stage 4 and about the same amount in stage 5.

That's some really good advice my friend, thanks a lot for that! It seems we almost have a roadmap ready! ?

• 2 months later...
5 minutes ago, DrHambone said:

About how long would the platinum take? I think I'm finally going to get this.

I'm not quite sure about this actually. Someone else can answer this question? Didn't play a lot after making the video.

Edited by cronocyde
Wrong game.

16 hours ago, cronocyde said:

I'm not quite sure about this actually. Someone else can answer this question? Didn't play a lot after making the video.

Between 5 and 10? It's skill-dependent, and the high percentages are a little deceptive - it can be quite hard.

Regarding the tip above, I would personally recommend using Liery to farm gold, assuming you're comfortable enough with the game. If you end up picking up over half the gold drops, you'll earn more than what you'd have with Cloe.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, visighost said:

Between 5 and 10? It's skill-dependent, and the high percentages are a little deceptive - it can be quite hard.

Regarding the tip above, I would personally recommend using Liery to farm gold, assuming you're comfortable enough with the game. If you end up picking up over half the gold drops, you'll earn more than what you'd have with Cloe.

It will be useful information to know when I decide to go back, thanks buddy! ?

• 4 months later...
On 2018-10-24 at 2:04 PM, DrHambone said:

About how long would the platinum take? I think I'm finally going to get this.

Not sure if you ever bought it, but the game is on ”stealth” sale. Doesn’t show up in the weekly list, but if you go on the Vita store it’s 50% off. $6.74 here in Canada, so presumably $5 US. Cross buy, so you get both versions.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Game is not definitely a 2 /10 plat. The major issue to me is the inconsistency on sprite collision. I've played it quite a few times and to this day I can't figure if the collision is body detection or position (feet position related). Sometimes I'm sure I'll must die and don't, sometimes I die without any apparent reason. It's way worse than C64 or ZX Spectrum games. Considering the abyssal power gap between both (current consoles and PCs, 70s basic computers) this is not acceptable.

At the beginning the 2 most interesting characters are the one with the magnet and the one that provides 2x gold. I do find the first better, although the magnet is dumb as it only attracts gold and you have to pick everything else.

Don't compare this to Dead Nation. DN is a fantastic game, RC ex is an OK game, personally I think the quality between both titles is too large. Although DN is more difficult overall, due to how consistent and reasonably predictable it is it becomes a lot easier than this RNG fest.

• 2 months later...

I just finished this game and loved every bit of it. Even grinding for gold with lower level characters was fun and in the end your top level Erika is so powerful you can just blast through everything without much trouble. I even finished arcade mode without using my turret once. I would give this a 3/10 difficulty because as long as you are patiently grinding it becomes pretty easy in the end. It's a 9/10 on fun for me and will definitely play the PS4 stack at some point.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Playing through this a second time on my Vita, and it's just so damn good! Really easy and accessible controls. Great cast of playable characters and a variety of enemy types. Anyone saying this game is "too hard" just can't be trusted. You need to collect gold to unlock/upgrade your characters before trying to complete even the first level.

• Like 1