Assassins Creed Odyssey Leaked from Keychain

“The next Assassin’s Creed is called Odyssey and will take place in ancient Greece, according to a new report from the French site JeuxVideoLive, which adds that Odyssey is a sequel to last year’s Assassin’s Creed OriginsKotaku can confirm this report.

Rumors about the next Assassin’s Creed have been circulating for months now—some real, some fake—but the one we’ve been hearing since January from our own sources is that the game is indeed set in Greece, and that it’ll be even more of a drastic departure for the series than Origins. We’ve heard the same details from three people who have played the game, and several more who have heard about it secondhand. While Origins added Witcher-like RPG elements, Odyssey will take things even further, those people said, bringing dialogue options to the series for the first time. You’ll be able to play as either a male or a female protagonist, although the builds we’ve heard about did not feature Origins’ main characters Bayek or Aya, but new heroes.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/kotaku.com/new-leak-reveals-assassins-creed-odyssey-set-in-ancien-1826454752/amp

Posted this from my IPhone. But what do y’all think? Set in Ancient Greece sounds pretty kool to me. 

Edited by kidson2004
  • Like 2

I would not be happy when they choose ancient Greece as playfield. I expected that they will set the game in the history of Latin America, because its only one they never used to make a story. Before I hoped for Asia but they did make China and Russia (yeah its 2D games I know). Why again Europe? Come on.. I’ve played all games except AC III btw.

6 minutes ago, Corcevado said:

I would not be happy when they choose ancient Greece as playfield. I expected that they will set the game in the history of Latin America, because its only one they never used to make a story. Before I hoped for Asia but they did make China and Russia (yeah its 2D games I know). Why again Europe? Come on.. I’ve played all games except AC III btw.

I remember playing a dlc that included climbing ancient Mayan ruins. Can't remember if that was III or Black Flag. Probably Black Flag. Yeah, technically not South America, but it's Mesoamerica. 

Ancient Greece will be awesome. Will it be Sparta v. Athens? The Myceneans?? Will Alexander the Great show up? This is the cradle of Western Civilization we are talking about here!! Pretty much every civilization that followed has emulated the Greeks in some shape or fashion, whether it be government, economics, education, art, sports, etc. etc.

It will be incredible to see the Ancient Wonders. Climb the Colossus at Rhodes? Visit Delphi?!? I can't wait.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, PerryToxteth said:

I remember playing a dlc that included climbing ancient Mayan ruins. Can't remember if that was III or Black Flag. Probably Black Flag. Yeah, technically not South America, but it's Mesoamerica. 

Ancient Greece will be awesome. Will it be Sparta v. Athens? The Myceneans?? Will Alexander the Great show up? This is the cradle of Western Civilization we are talking about here!! Pretty much every civilization that followed has emulated the Greeks in some shape or fashion, whether it be government, economics, education, art, sports, etc. etc.

It will be incredible to see the Ancient Wonders. Climb the Colossus at Rhodes? Visit Delphi?!? I can't wait.

By "Ancient Greece" they mean 40-30 BCE. It's a sequel to Origins. Just like how they said Origins was set in "Ancient Egypt", which normally is associated with something like 2900-500 BCE, but it was just the 40s BCE.

Should be interesting anyways. The Origins comic continues the story after the game, and considering the comics and even the movie are canon, I wonder where the game will pick up from.

• Like 1

I'm really do hoping we get to carry on playing as Bayek and Aya for this one as they are two extremely enjoyable characters to play as. And I love the dynamic between the two of them that developed in Origins :)

1 hour ago, Caesar Clown said:

By "Ancient Greece" they mean 40-30 BCE. It's a sequel to Origins. Just like how they said Origins was set in "Ancient Egypt", which normally is associated with something like 2900-500 BCE, but it was just the 40s BCE.

Should be interesting anyways. The Origins comic continues the story after the game, and considering the comics and even the movie are canon, I wonder where the game will pick up from.

Damn. 

Why is Ubisoft choosing eras when the civilization is on its last gasp? Egypt has 3,000 strong years of Empire and they choose the era when it heard it's death knell. Greece is done in 40-30 BCE. It was ripe for plunder, which Rome did. I love my Roman history but please showcase the other ancient civilizations at their height, not their decay.

All in all, 

I'll still play it (and likely love it). I'm progressing through Syndicate now, just in time for my trip to London in two weeks. 

26 minutes ago, HellcoreFire said:

I just hope this means they go back to yearly releases.

I hope they don’t. After with what they did with time off to bring us Origins (and it’s freaking awesome!) they need to let this rock and bring it next year to focus on it being great. 

• Like 4

I'm happy we have another game comming but I think Ubisoft should keep at the 2 year release, they got out of the yearly poor games with Origins and it clearly paid off immensely for them.

Even one of my friends who hated Assassins Creed loved Origins and actually completed it.

29 minutes ago, sh4d0wzcs said:

I'm happy we have another game comming but I think Ubisoft should keep at the 2 year release, they got out of the yearly poor games with Origins and it clearly paid off immensely for them.

Even one of my friends who hated Assassins Creed loved Origins and actually completed it.

I agree with the 2year release. To be honest I was expecting an assassins creed 3 remaster this year and the next new game to come in 2019

8 hours ago, PerryToxteth said:

Why is Ubisoft choosing eras when the civilization is on its last gasp? Egypt has 3,000 strong years of Empire and they choose the era when it heard it's death knell. Greece is done in 40-30 BCE. It was ripe for plunder, which Rome did. I love my Roman history but please showcase the other ancient civilizations at their height, not their decay.

All in all, 

Ubi wants to keep things somewhat historically accurate. It's harder to do with that extra 1000-2000 years. Then there are lore reasons as well. If you think about Assassin's Creed 1, there's still over 1000 year gap in the story to Origins. This is Ubi's plan to set foundation back into the franchise, as it was when it was at peak with the Ezio games. The worst thing Ubi could do is to make a random Japan or whatever game, since that's what they were doing with Syndicate and Unity, which just don't have level of connectivity of Ezio games or the America/Kenway saga. They must to go with the Bayek(?) trilogy for now, especially when Origins was a success.

As for the release date, I'm going to hold out judging that from a keychain myself.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, ShadowStar83x said:

Wish they would do a game in feudal Japan, but they've said they're not interested.

I'm Greek and although i'm very proud of our history, i always wanted AC to be in feudal Japan. Since i first got my PS3 back in 2011 and played the first game, that was my thought. I mean don't get me wrong, i loved all the AC games that i've played so far, but the whole concept of assassins and most importantly the gameplay (hidden blades, swords, smoke bombs, poison darts, stealth, espionage, infiltration, assassination etc.) screams of ninja tactics in the Sengoku period. We need so bad good ninja/samurai games, everyone who is old enough to had the pleasure to play the first Tenchu games on PS1 will definitely agree with me ?

16 hours ago, Warlord99956 said:

Greece could be a good setting for the next game. I would like to see an assassins set in medieval England though

I've wanted this for as long as I've been playing the series. Always felt Syndicate was too modern; there are so many interesting events/figures of history that they skipped. So I hope they go back to England at some point.

I like the idea of a Greek setting, but not really that time era.

• Like 1

Of course the closer to the E3, the more "leaks" and "news" from lots of different sources gonna pop up, as for me I don't care anymore for the franchise and even less about this new game knowing it's gonna take part in Greece.

Edited by YROSHIKU