Assassins Creed Odyssey Leaked from Keychain

Origins is on my backlog - I know, should stop stalling and just play it already - but I have to agree with everyone 'bout the yearly releases. That habit of cow-cash is a huge factor into why I seized looking forward to a new installment. It looks gorgeous in promos, sounds promising and two hours in you start noticing the ugly beneath it - if not sooner for certain titles. Don't get me wrong, I love the franchise and appreciate the games, but ever since 3 and its chasing sequences I tend to be weary bout the releases.

Still, the setting sounds interesting to me and I'm down for the whole choosing your gender/dialogue options. Straying further away from the usual gameplay of the original games could be a good thing to remove the monotony of the previous titles (not counting Origins here as obviously stated above), but here's to hoping they don't bite more than they can chew in the timeframe they'll be giving themselves. Afterall, just because it's announced at E3 doesn't necessarily mean they have to release it within the year. Nevermind that this is Ubisoft we're talking about.

On 5/31/2018 at 1:53 PM, PerryToxteth said:

I remember playing a dlc that included climbing ancient Mayan ruins. Can't remember if that was III or Black Flag. Probably Black Flag. Yeah, technically not South America, but it's Mesoamerica. 

Black Flag I am pretty sure. 

The real reason they chose Greece is that there are a lot of assets from Orgins that they can re-use/re-work. Orgins took them mutlilple years to make so I highly doubt they are starting from scratch. 

On 5/31/2018 at 5:05 PM, Zolkovo said:

If true, shame they're reverting back to their yearly cycle. I hope this one doesn't get rushed and disappoint AC fans.

Origins took as long as it did because they were starting from scratch. Now that they have the engine and what not already in place, it means less time for the sequels. These games are usually planned a year or two in advance

On 5/31/2018 at 6:30 PM, ShadowStar83x said:

Wish they would do a game in feudal Japan, but they've said they're not interested.

Honestly I hope they never get around to it, there's already plenty of games set in feudal Japan made by the Japanese. Can we experience the historical settings that aren't used as often please?

• Like 1