Ps Now in different countries

Simpo

Hi all,

Im live in New Zealand and am looking at starting a US account to get PS Now, does anyone know when downloaded ill be able to use it on my NZ account and if ill be able to earn trophies on thay account

Cheers

I believe PS Now only works with the account that subscribed to it. I've tried using a UK and Japanese account to start a few games, but it gives an error saying "this game is no longer available". I'm not sure if this means those regions just have a different game list, but even if that's the case then you're taking a big risk because it only shows the one game list, so you may miss out on games.

If the game has local multiplayer, you can have the other region's account join the game. But I'm not sure if there's any games where player 2 can earn trophies.

The other issue is that if PS Now isn't available in your region, then you're going to be connecting to a server in the US, so you may have to be wary of lag. PS Now will also boot you off if the connection quality isn't good enough.

There is a 7 day free trial for PS Now so you can try it out yourself (Sony recommends everyone do the trial before buying to ensure your internet connection can handle it), but I don't think it's going to work the way you're hoping.

• 1 year later...

I know this is an old thread but another issue that will pop up is you need a credit card or PayPal account to link to it, (this may just be the free trial) and being in New Zealand myself I know from experience that my credit card and PayPal account don't work on other region accounts. 

Although since I'm bumping this thread and I want to ask this anyway can you now use PS Now on another account now that you can download games and not just stream them? 

You can play games on another account but only from the "downloadable" section. They have it sorted on a filter of downloadable, PS4, ps3,ps2 then exclusives. My only gripe is you need credit card info for the trials USA psnow has a few games we don't have in the UK :(

You can download and stream games on your own account if you set the PSNOW account primary on your PS4. 

2 minutes ago, Ultraxian said:

You can play games on another account but only from the "downloadable" section. They have it sorted on a filter of downloadable, PS4, ps3,ps2 then exclusives. My only gripe is you need credit card info for the trials USA psnow has a few games we don't have in the UK :(

You sure? I would assume you can play PS3 via streaming. 

55 minutes ago, Ultraxian said:

You can play ps3 games by streaming them but only on the account the psnow sub is on. 

Not technically correct.

You can stream any game as long as you're in the same region as the account that 'bought' PS Now.

So:
- Subscribe to the service on an American account, then start to stream any game (so it appears as a tile on the dash)
- Close the game and log into any other NA branded account - such as Canada
- Load up the stream tile and the game will stream and work fine, letting you get trophies for your account.

This also works with literally any EU or Asian region country. For example, subscribing in the UK then playing them on a French, Italian, German account, etc...

But, with the downloadable games (PS4 and PS2), you can play them via any region. 

So:
- Subscribe to PS Now in Japan using pre-paid credit
- Pick to download any of the many JRPG games which are only on their version of the service
- Once downloaded, you can now play them on any profile on your PS4, regardless of region, and get trophies as normal. 

For either of these processes to work, the PS Now subscribed account HAS to be set as primary on your PS4 (if playing via another account).

• Like 2

On 4/11/2020 at 11:05 PM, turniplord said:

Not technically correct.

You can stream any game as long as you're in the same region as the account that 'bought' PS Now.

So:
- Subscribe to the service on an American account, then start to stream any game (so it appears as a tile on the dash)
- Load up the stream tile and the game will stream and work fine, letting you get trophies for your account.

This also works with literally any EU or Asian region country. For example, subscribing in the UK then playing them on a French, Italian, German account, etc...

But, with the downloadable games (PS4 and PS2), you can play them via any region. 

So:
- Pick to download any of the many JRPG games which are only on their version of the service
- Once downloaded, you can now play them on any profile on your PS4, regardless of region, and get trophies as normal. 

For either of these processes to work, the PS Now subscribed account HAS to be set as primary on your PS4 (if playing via another account).

Thanks for the detailed explanation I was wrong before and hopefully this helps OP with their initial question. Are there any specific places to buy pre paid credit card? If looked online but some of the sites looked dodgy as hell.

On 12-4-2020 at 0:05 AM, turniplord said:

Not technically correct.

So:

So:

Did not know this and just tested it it vice versa with a eu ps now game not on us PS now. Indeed it does not work.

Too bad, was looking forward to do some ps3 games on a us subscription.

21 minutes ago, Butella said:

Did not know this and just tested it it vice versa with a eu ps now game not on us PS now. Indeed it does not work.

Too bad, was looking forward to do some ps3 games on a us subscription.

Yeah, if streaming (PS4 or ps3), the account you want to play on has to be in the same region as the one with PSNow. But, if downloading to the PS4 and playing that way, you can play any region downloads on any other profile - as long as the one with psnow is set as primary. 

It’s a shame as the US version has different ps3 games to the Eu and the JP one is full of jrpgs (although in japanese). 

2 hours ago, Ultraxian said:

Thanks for the detailed explanation I was wrong before and hopefully this helps OP with their initial question. Are there any specific places to buy pre paid credit card? If looked online but some of the sites looked dodgy as hell.

Depends what region you’re looking for

i usually us pcgamesupply, cdkeys or seagm for my cards. Cdkeys is good for uk, as it gives you a discount, but the others are best for US, Canadian or Asian - I get all my HK cards from Seagm and CAD (as it’s cheaper than US) from PCGameSupply

• 4 months later...
Just now, rwd1997 said:

If i have a USA psnow, if i travel or move to UK (or other contry that have psnow) and try to play a game via streaming in my primary USA account, i will be able to stream?

Technically, yeah. Even if that country doesn't have PSNow, if you use your NA account that's subscribed to NA PSNow then you can stream.

Realistically, good luck because the lag is awful. At least it was in South Korea :shakefist:

• Like 1