Online - All diamonds placed FIX

sssande93

My original post:

Hi, I have a question and wonder if anyone have a solution for this.

I've read on numerous forums and can't seem to find a solution that works.
I got both lvl 20 trophy and Soldier of misfortune, but have all 18 diamonds placed. I want to to Warlord glitch but cant since all my diamonds are placed

I've tried this solution:

"1. Play matches and get negative XP.
2. Once your total XP lowered to 200.000 XP (threshold of rank 19), you won't get any more negative XP.
3. Finish a match with more than 1500 XP (1560 for this example).
4. Again, get negative XP until your total XP is 200.000 (you won't get any more negative XP at this point).
5. Restart the game (dash out, "Exclusive Content").
6. Login to MP, the server will subtract the 60 XP from (3.) and derank you to rank 18 with 199.940 total XP.
Your Load Out will still have all diamonds set right now with -1 available diamonds.
7. Quit the game and don't touch it for 24+ hours.
8. Login to MP, your diamonds should be reset now" https://www.trueachievements.com/viewcomment.aspx?commentid=425518

I have 0 spare diamonds (not -1 like the solution says)
I've even tried deranking even further, am currently at rank 15. I've also tried getting more than 1500xp and leave the game for 24hours for the game to "reset the diamonds". It doesnt work for me." https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/far-cry-2-a/118260-how-reset-diamonds.html

I know a solution where i rank up to 1,5million xp but won't spend more than 400hours selfboosting this game. Hope someone have a solotion to this problem

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FIX:
Original Post by mekktor (further down in the comments). I tested this method and got the trophy.IaQmsQK.png

My setup: 3players, 2 on my team and 1 on the other
Map: Last Bastion
Gamemode: Uprising 

the most i got in a match was -1720xp in one round, I consistanly got between 1600 and 1700 negative xp each match. u get -20xp each time u kill urself and the dummy. the teammate u kill is spawnprotected, so I always had to fire a shot with my dummy before I blow myself and the dummy to shreds with the IED (C4). me and the dummy would respawn at the same time at the same location. it is possible to mess this up a bit since u/dummy can get in "last stand", where it is possible to be revieved and u have to press triangle to give up. if that happens, me and the dummy would most likely not spawn together. anyone who go through with this should get the hang of it pretty easily. I often had to take a step forward or backwords with the dummy based on where dummy was standing compared to me, at the same time I also fired a shot from the dummys weapon to get rid of spawnprotection.

im not sure about how many matches u can go without quitting out, I didn't do more than 3 to be on the safe side. after 3 rounds i always go menu -> exclusive content -> return to game then rehost the match with the dummy. It doesn't matter who host I guess. I just did it with my dummy so I wouldn't get messages from the ppl I banned for just joining the server.

the solution mekktor came up with worked perfectly. but I want to mention one thing about his solution. when u back out and log back in the excess xp should all be subtracted but it's not. i always had to back out twice for all the excess xp to be subtracted for some reason, dont know why.

from  rank five to thirty i had help from friends reviving the general while i just stood there knifing him the whole round. i didn't have any issues getting mekktor's amount of suggested xp when me n my friends got the hang of it. if u mess up it's not a big deal since u can back out from the game before the round ends, that xp won't count. I spent 3 rounds/games for each of mekktor's steps 1-3 in his soultion (fix). 1 round to get the positive xp. 2 rounds to subtract the "-1995xp" -> back out and get most excess xp subtracted -> back out again to get all xp subtracted.

Hope this method will be of help to someone out there.

Edited by sssande93
found workaround without using diamond-exploit (for people that placed all their diamonds)
  • Like 4

Same here. I did the mistake of placing all diamonds and I did each step in that trueachievements topic.

No "-1" diamonds, but just a 0, and no reset after 32 hours.

The only thing i'm doing at the moment is not join multiplayer since 5 days. I guess we can only hope that servers randomly self-reset theirselves.

Please, let me know if your diamonds situation is going to change. I'll do the same.

15 hours ago, Mystical_Heaven said:

Same here. I did the mistake of placing all diamonds and I did each step in that trueachievements topic.

No "-1" diamonds, but just a 0, and no reset after 32 hours.

The only thing i'm doing at the moment is not join multiplayer since 5 days. I guess we can only hope that servers randomly self-reset theirselves.

Please, let me know if your diamonds situation is going to change. I'll do the same.

I most certanly will, so annoying to be missing only one easy online trophy...

Edited by sssande93
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, Milanzzo said:

They no longer reset. If you filled all the 18 slots you are screwed. Been more than a month since my last login. They still all placed.

Yeah my hopes for this mp is fading away. Earlier when boosting, i didn't get the error message "unable to retrieve online stats" or whatever, now it's like that almost every time, Can spend up to 20minutes just connecting with myself and my 2 dummys

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah they don't reset anymore. Though I have this vague recollection of them resetting on me when I went back to the game years down the line... ummm... as you have multiple PS3s it might be worth a shot to put your profile and download the profile data for FC2 on that other PS3. I say this as you'll notice when you play a game for the first time on another PS3 that it resets your trophies to 0 (which is fixed when you sync). 

I doubt it'd work and you may have already tried it, however I thought I'd mention it.

• 2 weeks later...
On 18.6.2018 at 2:31 PM, Rozalia1 said:

Yeah they don't reset anymore. Though I have this vague recollection of them resetting on me when I went back to the game years down the line... ummm... as you have multiple PS3s it might be worth a shot to put your profile and download the profile data for FC2 on that other PS3. I say this as you'll notice when you play a game for the first time on another PS3 that it resets your trophies to 0 (which is fixed when you sync). 

I doubt it'd work and you may have already tried it, however I thought I'd mention it.

Nice input. I have my main account on both my playstations aswell as my friends ps3 and tried starting FC2 from another ps3 aswell, didn't reset. Haven't checked my diamond situation for some time now as one of my friends have borrowed one of my ps3's. I will go back to fc2 eventually and see if something has changed. Hope a bug occurs and randomly resets the diamonds.

14 hours ago, MrMaximusHTO said:

So if they dont reset what am i best to do iv still got 9 diomomds on me 

U're able to reset as long as not all of them are placed. my suggestion is that if u are finished with one class, just reset and dont put diamonds in that class again. U will lose some xp but it's better than farming ur way to 1,5million xp. When u reset, all diamonds should jump out of their place and you have put them back in the different slots.

Edited by sssande93

• 3 months later...

I'm also stuck! I was busy and consumed farming the kills and 20rank that I mistakingly placed all diamonds...I feel sad, angry and frustrated to just think that all the hours I put into MP has gone in vain ? For now I'm hoping for a miracle or even a bug to occur that would reset all diamonds for I don't think I can spend 400 hours to rank 30 ?

On 01/06/2018 at 10:38 AM, sssande93 said:

I've even tried deranking even further, am currently at rank 15. I've also tried getting more than 1500xp and leave the game for 24hours for the game to "reset the diamonds". It doesnt work for me." https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/far-cry-2-a/118260-how-reset-diamonds.html

I know a solution where i rank up to 1,5million xp but won't spend more than 400hours selfboosting this game. Hope someone have a solotion to this problem

So you've already gone from 250,000xp (lvl 20) back down to 99,999xp (lvl 15), right? Why not just continue down to 0xp and then do the glitch to go from level 1 to level 30? You are already over half way there.

Also it's not 400 hours self-boosting to level 30. You can get 1,500xp every 6-7 minutes so you'd be looking at more like 100 hours.

1 hour ago, mekktor said:

So you've already gone from 250,000xp (lvl 20) back down to 99,999xp (lvl 15), right? Why not just continue down to 0xp and then do the glitch to go from level 1 to level 30? You are already over half way there.

Also it's not 400 hours self-boosting to level 30. You can get 1,500xp every 6-7 minutes so you'd be looking at more like 100 hours.

The XP limit only takes effect with your next time opening the app, I think. People use the exclusive content page to reset the app quickly, but if you never do that then I think all your XP past the XP cap would stay. You could do entire matches getting as much XP as you want and as long as you don't host your own lobbies and don't use exclusive content with your main account, you should be able to get level 30 quickly by boosting XP to the highest you can get. I remember being able to get around 15,000 XP per match by doing machete kills on an alt while someone else was reviving them, if you could get that in every match, rank 30 would only take around 30 hours including loading time. Of course, with this garbage game there'd probably be a high chance of the game freezing, meaning you'd probably still be in shit anyway, but it's probably worth doing it as a last resort if the diamonds can never be reset again after using every slot. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 25.10.2018 at 2:16 AM, mekktor said:

Its not possible without from 15 to 0 without diamonds. u need to initiate the glitch before every derank. and when u need 1500xp+ to initiate the glitch u will end up going up a rank instead of down.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/6/2018 at 4:45 PM, Danine92 said:

Hi,

I placed my 18 diamonds...
What Can I do?

Hope for a miracle,better yet you may have to talk to the devil & give away your soul to make the diamonds reset.

I tried all possible glitches mentioned,did not reset for me,had to play all 1000 matches x 1500 xp =1,500,0000.

My Stats show a bit over 200 hrs play time but real time is 250+ hrs/set up matches/change host average 15 min./ match.

Oh and you get about ten extra diamonds for doing this which is absolute garbage that nothing can be done with,what a broken online trophy list,so little xp/kills/xp match limit/3 match limits.Devs should be found & tortured to no end for doing this.

Hope other online farcry games are not like this.No fun just a grind.

I have an excuse for going through with all these matches I'm old & senile.

Your trophy profile is awesome,you can do this one.Once a plat chaser always a plat chaser. 

Online suggestion for can't login to server---As for the constant trying to login to server issue I found that if you turn off psn autologin & wait till you get into the games main menu & select multiplayer then when can't login comes up enable psn online from xmb & select mp again.If no luck,turn off psn login & retry mp & login xmb again.I had better results this way.Especially self boosting/3 consoles.

Edited by electrifryer
logging in issues

• 2 weeks later...
On 08/11/2018 at 9:32 PM, sssande93 said:

Its not possible without from 15 to 0 without diamonds. u need to initiate the glitch before every derank. and when u need 1500xp+ to initiate the glitch u will end up going up a rank instead of down.

It could be possible if you earn enough excess xp to delevel multiple levels. Probably easiest to explain if I just share this:

IaQmsQK.png

These numbers aren't at all optimised, they were just the first ones I tried to see if it would be possible. It should be fairly easy to test if it works by trying the final step with an alt account at level 3. I'd be happy to volunteer my two accounts, but I'd need a third.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 24.12.2018 at 3:23 AM, mekktor said:

It could be possible if you earn enough excess xp to delevel multiple levels. Probably easiest to explain if I just share this:

IaQmsQK.png

These numbers aren't at all optimised, they were just the first ones I tried to see if it would be possible. It should be fairly easy to test if it works by trying the final step with an alt account at level 3. I'd be happy to volunteer my two accounts, but I'd need a third.

Hey, didn't realise someone posted on here until now. I can surely help just add me, we'll figure out a time that suits us both:-) really want this platinum, if this works im gonna go for it

1 hour ago, sssande93 said:

Hey, didn't realise someone posted on here until now. I can surely help just add me, we'll figure out a time that suits us both:-) really want this platinum, if this works im gonna go for it

Hey, I also have a friend that can help me out with this, I saw u already got the platinum so actually don't have to help out, got 2 ps3's myself. Would've been nice if this method works, gonna let u all know when I try it out

• 4 weeks later...
On 24.12.2018 at 3:23 AM, mekktor said:

IaQmsQK.png

U're an angel mekktor, I can confirm this method works, just got the trophy now :-) if someone do the same mistake like me and place all the diamonds, it is still hope. better going down 20 levels instead of leveling up all the way up to level 30. well i guess these onlinetrophies took me around 90-100 hours, so I'm glad it's finally over.

Edited by sssande93
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

So last night I booted up FC2 for the first time in a year to finish up the grind. Anyways, I was able to get right into ranked matches the first try on all of my consoles. As you may know normally it takes a few or more tries. Well I just remembered that a couple weeks ago, several Ubisoft titles had their servers shutdown for maintenance and included on that list was FC2. There is a chance that this maintenance and server reboot fixed some of its errors.

Now for the experiment: If anyone has all diamonds slotted: please go into the game and see if they have reset. This could be huge for people who made the mistake of slotting all diamonds. We know they reset in the past so this is the best chance we have of it being fixed. Please post results!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Danine92 said:

@Afro_Gear Do you know, exactly, the day to restart the servers?

Thank you.

I am not sure I understand your question. Ubisoft already took the servers offline a couple of weeks ago and they are all back online. The only thing I can tell is fixed is you can instantly get into ranked matches everytime on the first try. I've logged in for the last 3 days and had zero issues. It appears the servers will still time out every 4-5 matches so it is still a good idea to re host a session every 3-4 matches. 

Also, I can't imagine Ubi leaving them online much longer. this Oct the game is 11 years old. Ubi gives 60 day notice on shutdowns. Right now the boost is free of randoms. If the server shutdown comes you will be kicking randoms a lot more often making it more difficult. So get to it!

On 18/3/2019 at 5:15 PM, Afro_Gear said:

So last night I booted up FC2 for the first time in a year to finish up the grind. Anyways, I was able to get right into ranked matches the first try on all of my consoles. As you may know normally it takes a few or more tries. Well I just remembered that a couple weeks ago, several Ubisoft titles had their servers shutdown for maintenance and included on that list was FC2. There is a chance that this maintenance and server reboot fixed some of its errors.

Now for the experiment: If anyone has all diamonds slotted: please go into the game and see if they have reset. This could be huge for people who made the mistake of slotting all diamonds. We know they reset in the past so this is the best chance we have of it being fixed. Please post results!

No fix... :(

far-cry-2-diamonfs.jpg

56 minutes ago, Danine92 said:

No fix... :(

That sucks man, sure sorry. So, you going to boost to level 30? If you do this is the best and fastest method:

To rank fast do this.. Uprising.. Last Bastion .. Gunner's M249 (no reload) Captain UFLL (me) capture C and B Sheeps go to A (just aside the zone) I shoot only the captain while the other do revives.. I capture zone A at 39-40 kills.. it takes 20 secs.. i do kills while capturing. Ends the match at 46-47 kills for an amount of around 1487xp.. Takes about 6 to 7 minutes per match... (multitasking the 3 consoles) Would be faster if i had not to reconnect to server when it crash. Courtesy @Milanzzo