PSN Movies with bonus DLC content

mcnichoj

13 hours ago, Soufwar said:

Pre-order culture at its peak, I hate this. 

I hate this too for multiple reasons.

1. It's stupid (both for business and consumer)*

2. You don't get to see what this stuff looks like till a week after the fact

3. Their movies don't even support subtitles

*I assume this is stuff that is supposed to incentivise morons like me to get a few extra sales out of a movie but yet they advertise this in such a remote part of the entire store in such a remote way. Then you realize whatever extra sales they get from a few people hunting avatars would be vastly eclipsed by the sales they could get if they just made them publicly available on their own in the avatar section.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mcnichoj said:

I hate this too for multiple reasons.

1. It's stupid (both for business and consumer)*

2. You don't get to see what this stuff looks like till a week after the fact

3. Their movies don't even support subtitles

*I assume this is stuff that is supposed to incentivise morons like me to get a few extra sales out of a movie but yet they advertise this in such a remote part of the entire store in such a remote way. Then you realize whatever extra sales they get from a few people hunting avatars would be vastly eclipsed by the sales they could get if they just made them publicly available on their own in the avatar section.

No one is a moron, you know that pre-orders hurt the consumer and you realize it and you don’t do it, to me you’re a smart man. Don’t beat yourself over it too much friend. 

1 minute ago, Soufwar said:

No one is a moron, you know that pre-orders hurt the consumer and you realize it and you don’t do it, to me you’re a smart man. Don’t beat yourself over it too much friend. 

I actually do preorder. I have the Black Panther avatars and they all look pretty bad. I'm not smart. I'm actually a really, really, really dumb girl.

• 3 weeks later...

Warning update: Don't pre-order Deadpool 2
Waited over ten days and no code. I decide to contact support. They claim no such promotion exists. They also say they won't issue me a refund even though I wont get the thing that made me buy the movie in the first place. I have the logs saved. Even tried to upload screenshots to the guy of direct captures off the PS4 store mentioning the promotion but his upload service just so conveniently failed to accept my uploads.

Edit:

During the Star Wars sale on PSN I noticed The Last Jedi still mentions in the description the pre-order stuff so I decided to buy it in the off chance maybe the automated system might be still sending out codes and worse case I would argue with customer support. I did mention Star Wars when I contacted them about Deadpool 2 (above) and the day after I posted about it, they sent me an email with the Star Wars codes.

The Star Wars avatars look great, so if they haven't changed the store description yet I would go and buy the movie pronto if you want them. Just wait a couple days after buying then contact support.

Edited by mcnichoj
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 6/1/2018 at 7:05 AM, mcnichoj said:

Didn't realize this would become a thing on the PSN store so I didn't make the thread till now.
Basically if you pre-order certain video content such as movies, you could get extras for use on your PS4 system.
Decided to make a list in case anyone was curious and possibly to take advantage of these while they're available.
As far as I know you can only get the bonus as a pre-order. Meaning once it's released the bonus will be gone.
The codes will take several days to get to you from the time you pre-order and the codes are emailed to the email address associated to the purchased accounts sign-in email.
(I'll upload pictures and videos of this stuff when I can.)

Available:
Ant-Man and the Wasp
-Theme

Deadpool 2
-Themes

Solo: A Star Wars Story
-Theme

Mission: Impossible – Fallout
-Theme

The Death of Superman Expires August 6th
-Coins for Injustice 2

Expired:
Star Wars: The Last Jedi
-Theme

Spider-Man: Homecoming
https://imgur.com/a/o4lWj
-Theme
https://i.redd.it/fqms2280f7jz.jpg

Game of Thrones (Season 7)
-Theme

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
-Marvel 30 day subscription
https://image.ibb.co/m80o8J/Got_Gavatars.png

Black Panther

Ready Player One
-Goro character code for Mortal Kombat X
-Theme

Damn, what do do the Star Wars and Deadpool avatars look like? Wish the codes were on eBay at least :( 

23 hours ago, Armored Squirrel said:

Damn, what do do the Star Wars and Deadpool avatars look like? Wish the codes were on eBay at least :( 

I'll upload the Star Wars and other avatars I have in a bit but the Deadpool 2 movie stuff was never released and never mentioned again post movie release even though they were advertising it just days before.