Plat Race of the Lazy Scrubs - Poll Added

Plat Race Poll  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win and claim the title of laziest scrub?

• Kent
    • MStalker
    • Prinny
    • Dragon
    • Yeah right, as if any of you are even going to finish this. You're all way too lazy and scrubby.

On 9/12/2018 at 9:54 AM, kingofbattle8174 said:

There is an artform to being lazy. Many can be lazy but few learn the subtle art of shamming. The order of the sham shield is for those who learn how to use this gift for their benefit at all times.

Another great webcomic. I am also shamming like a pro. The night before I stayed up until 5 AM playing Dragon Warrior III on the Gameboy Color and spammed save states to try to farm gold monster medals which meant I failed to complete my LEGO Harry Potter games. xD

:platinum: #192: Valkyria Chronicles

1Lca7734.png

This plat is also trophy #9,000. It's the first time I've played a Valkyria game and I liked it. It's a strategic war game where you have to defeat enemy soldiers/tanks, capture bases, or defeat bosses. Soldiers are divided into 5 classes, each with their advantages and disadvantages. Completing missions yields money and experience, those can be used to research better weapons and level up units for more health and effects. Besides that, there are Aces, which are stronger regular enemies. Defeating them yields bonus exp, money, and their weapon. There's also an actual story and most of the characters are interesting.

However, this game also has its flaws. Bosses are very overpowered, even cheap (looking at you mission 7, 10B, and 15B). During the enemy's turn it's not possible to skip or fast forward their walking animation. This is worse when the enemy can move a lot of soldiers or is crawling through high grass and seems to take forever. In some missions it took more than 2 minutes before the enemy's turn was over. The final flaw is the ranking system for missions that's completely unbalanced. The rank determines how much money and exp is received, these range from A to D. The criteria for the ranking solely depends on how fast a mission is completed. That's it. Enemies defeated, bases captured, allies that weren't injured don't count for anything. This results in obtaining mostly C and D ranks during the first playthrough. Story missions can't be replayed during the first playthrough, so the game forces players to do skirmishes (these battles similar to story missions without bosses that yield a lot less exp and money). All the while tons of exp and money is needed for leveling and research. Players are punished for taking their time with strategic game by playing tactically. During NG+ levels and research carries over, so it's easy to run past groups of enemies (and even tanks) with a single soldier while brushing off a hail of bullets in order to rush to the enemy's main camp for an A rank. This yields a ton of exp and money, but there's no need for it anymore. There's a trophy for completing every battle with an A rank, so this must be done. I don't know what the developers were thinking when deciding upon this ranking system for a strategic game.

I'm glad to know these flaws have been fixed in other Valkyria games and I'll definitely try out more of them in the future.

• Like 4

:platinum: #121: Unravel

1L6f2952.png

Rare - 15 hours 

:platinum: #122: Yomawari: Midnight Shadows 

1L3a182c.png

Uncommon - 25 hours 

:platinum: #123, Trophy #6000, GOTY: Marvel's Spider-Man

1La2014d.png

Uncommon - 30 hours 

All three games were fantastic. There's really nothing more to say other than if you haven't already you need to play all three of these games. It's been a great month so far. Back to Persona 5! 

• Like 4

:platinum: #225 - Dead Cells

1L12ce35.png

Rarity - 3.36%

Time - ???

I have no idea what to use for the time in this game. Couldn't find a guide anywhere last time I looked and there's not even an "Estimated Time to Platinum" thread on that other site. The 50th time on the leaderboard is 2 weeks and 1 day so that's 360 hours. We'll just use that, right @Kent ;)

As for the game, it was incredible and lived up to all of my expectations. Would put it up there with the likes of Rogue Legacy and Shovel Knight in terms of my favorite platformers in the past couple of generations. One of the few games I'll continue to play even after getting the platinum. I've only unlocked probably half of the blueprints so I'll continue trying to unlock everything I can. Since the weapons and items completely change the way you play I feel like I haven't even experienced a lot of the game and cool items yet. The gameplay feels so good that I don't see myself getting tired of it anytime soon.

• Like 3

On 9/22/2018 at 11:32 PM, MStalker58 said:

:platinum: #225 - Dead Cells

1L12ce35.png

Rarity - 3.36%

Time - ???

I have no idea what to use for the time in this game. Couldn't find a guide anywhere last time I looked and there's not even an "Estimated Time to Platinum" thread on that other site. The 50th time on the leaderboard is 2 weeks and 1 day so that's 360 hours. We'll just use that, right @Kent ;)

As for the game, it was incredible and lived up to all of my expectations. Would put it up there with the likes of Rogue Legacy and Shovel Knight in terms of my favorite platformers in the past couple of generations. One of the few games I'll continue to play even after getting the platinum. I've only unlocked probably half of the blueprints so I'll continue trying to unlock everything I can. Since the weapons and items completely change the way you play I feel like I haven't even experienced a lot of the game and cool items yet. The gameplay feels so good that I don't see myself getting tired of it anytime soon.

Howlongtobeat mentions a few times. I don't know what the difference is between Main Story + Extras and Completionist, but both fall into the 20-49 hours category, so it doesn't really matter this time :lol: .