Plat Race of the Lazy Scrubs - Poll Added

Plat Race Poll  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win and claim the title of laziest scrub?

• Kent
    • MStalker
    • Prinny
    • Dragon
    • Yeah right, as if any of you are even going to finish this. You're all way too lazy and scrubby.

• 2 weeks later...

@Dragon-Archon Congrats dood, sorry to hear you didn’t enjoy it but at least it’s worth a lot of points. 

I have nothing to report, haven’t earned a plat in like 3 weeks. It’s been a really busy month school wise (I’ve had 10 exams in the last three weeks) but just finished my last three for the term today so will have more time to play. I’d like to get Persona done within the next week or so and then I have to clean up a lot of unfinished stuff. Too many games, never enough time. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Kent10201 said:

@Dragon-Archon Congrats dood, sorry to hear you didn’t enjoy it but at least it’s worth a lot of points. 

I have nothing to report, haven’t earned a plat in like 3 weeks. It’s been a really busy month school wise (I’ve had 10 exams in the last three weeks) but just finished my last three for the term today so will have more time to play. I’d like to get Persona done within the next week or so and then I have to clean up a lot of unfinished stuff. Too many games, never enough time. 

Thanks :D . Yeah, this game may be the worst dungeon crawler I've played along with Conception II. Luckily, Rogue Legacy is very fun and addicting.

Wow 10 exams :jaymon: , that sucks. You've earned some R&R. I also have the same issue: not enough time. Have fun with Persona 5.

And that's it for October. There was even less activity compared to September, but it doesn't seem Red Dead Redemption 2 had anything to do with that as none of the participants started it. But maybe it's just the calm before the storm :hmm: . Anyway, let's take a look at the progress.

@Kent - 2,123.79 -> 2,223.79 points

Kent only platted one game, but it was a good one: Steins;Gate. Point-wise it wasn't worth a lot, but the game is definitely one of the best VNs (which is a 100% objective statement :ninja:). Some progress was also made with Persona 5. Burnout Paradise is also close to being platted. Since Kent is very close to a milestone (plat #125), he may be saving a special game for it.

1Lb65f1b.png

@MStalker58 - 2,072.49 -> 2,072.49 points

Stalker fully embraced the lazy scrub philosophy and didn't plat anything. However, he's very close to platting Hollow Knight, just one more trophy. Persona 4 Arena Ultimax is also just one trophy away from being platted :awesome: .

-

@Wdjat Prinny Doods - 4,899.47 -> 4,966.97 points

The Dood also obtained just one plat: Nitroplus Blasterz Heroine's Infinite Duel. Besides that, he made a lot of progress with Shadow of the Tomb Raider. The only remaining for the plat is completing the game on its highest difficulty.

1L1ccc7b.png

@Dragon-Archon - 1,167.75 -> 4,725.35 points

The huge increase of points was caused by platting Toukiden The Age of Demons, which also counted for double points. This game now holds the record of most points. Next up will be Rogue Legacy, though some of the remix bosses are quite a challenge *looks at Neo Khidr and Alexander IV*.

1L69b47c.png1Lda409f.png1L554037.png

Here are some stats of the race:

• Total amount of plats obtained:
    • Kent: 24 -> 25
    • Stalker: 14 -> 14
    • Prinny: 13 -> 14
    • Dragon: 12 -> 15
  • Average points per plat:
    • Kent: 88.49 -> 88.95
    • Stalker: 148.04 -> 148.04
    • Prinny: 376.88 -> 354.78
    • Dragon: 97.31 -> 315.02
  • Plat that's worth the most points: Toukiden The Age of Demons (Dragon) - 3,000.00
  • Plat that's worth the least points: God Eater 2 Rage Burst (Dragon) - 5.25

tl;dr

Point ranking:

1. Prinny
  2. Dragon
  3. Kent
  4. Stalker

Laziness ranking:

1. A tie between Prinny and Stalker
  2. Dragon
  3. Kent
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

:platinum: #196: Rogue Legacy

1Ld55f52.png

This game is great, it starts out hard, but after leveling up things went much better. Upon dying, you choose an heir to continue the adventure, which are randomly generated. There are 9 classes to choose from, each with their pros and cons. The most expensive class to unlocks the Dragon class, which is the most useless of all due to the limited range and weak attacks. Clearly the devs don't know that a dragon is supposed to be OP. Heirs can also have up to 2 traits, which add fun effects, such as sepia screen or floor spike traps not activating. The objective of this game is to explore the castle to defeat the 4 bosses, which opens the door to the final boss. The castle is randomly generated too when dying, unless the Architect is used to lock it down, which is useful to practice boss fights. After defeating the regular bosses it's possible to fight remix versions of them, which are basically much harder versions that are fought with a preset character.Alexander IV and Neo Khidr. Defeating all 5 bosses unlocks the Traitor class, which is the best one in the game. Using it against the final boss adds a fun part to the dialogue. After defeating the remix bosses, completing the game with 15 deaths or less was a lot easier than expected.

• Like 3

:platinum: #125: Persona 5 

1Lf68317.png

:platinum: #126: Guitar Hero Live 

1L97d54d.png

:platinum: #127: Batman Arkham Asylum 

1L3c1681.png

:platinum: #128: Burly Men at Sea 

1L108650.png

:platinum: #129: Burnout Paradise Remastered 

1Lc02a27.png

Finally the platinum drought has ended.

Persona 5 was incredible and is probably in my top 5 games of all time, and if not at least top 10. Everything about it is fantastic, especially the story, art style, music and characters.

Guitar Hero Live is finally done after two years. It's a shame the online is going down as I had a lot of fun with the game over the years and not being able to play most of the roster anymore is disappointing. At least it encouraged me to finally finish the one million strum grind.

Batman Arkham Asylum is another one of my favorite games so it was a joy getting to play through it again with updated graphics. I've probably played through this game 10 times at this point but never with trophies so that was an added bonus. 

Burly Men at Sea was a chill game, but pretty pointless in my opinion. It's got a little humor to it but nothing really happens. 

Burnout was great fun. It was the first non-Nintendo game I ever played as a kid so it was nice going back to it and actually know what I was doing. 

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

It's a bit late, but here's the November update. Three of the contestants took it easy and only obtained 1 plat, while the fourth participant got twice as much as the others combined. Let's take a closer look at the progress.

@Kent - 2,223.79 -> 3,193.00 points

To ease the wait for Kingdom Hearts 3, Kent focused on other games and managed to plat 6 of them, including Persona 5 :yay: it's about time :ninja: . He once made a promise to plat both P5 and Mugen Souls, so half of that has been delivered, now the wait starts for the other game. He also managed to plat Guitar Hero Live, however, that one had a 96% point penalty, so it didn't contribute much. Still, it's a nice UR plat to have. According to an anonymous source Kent will focus on God of War, Persona 5 Dancing, and Ys VIII in December. Will these rumours prove to be true? Will Kent honour his promise to complete Mugen Souls?? Will he be able to wait for the KH3 release??? We'll find out in the next episode of DBZ Plat Race of the Lazy Scrubs.

1Lf68317.png1L97d54d.png1L3c1681.png1L108650.png1Lc02a27.png1La1bc76.png

@MStalker58 - 2,072.49 -> 2,147.49 points

After not platting anything last month, Stalker finished The Darkness II. Afterwards, he couldn't resist the allure of the wild west and started Red Dead Redemption II, so it's safe to assume we won't be hearing much from him for at least the remainder of December. And that is saying something, as Stalker usually isn't that active at all in this thread :hmm: .

1Lb9d9e3.png

@Wdjat Prinny Doods - 4,966.97 -> 4,991.97 points

Prinny got the plat for Spyro the Dragon. It wasn't worth a lot of points, but the plat image looks great. He's also close to platting Star Ocean Till the End of Time, so we may see that one during the next update.

1L891f42.png

@Dragon-Archon - 4,725.35 -> 5,235.25 points

This lazy scrub finally got the plat for Rogue Legacy. Dungeon Travelers 2 is also close to being platted, at least that's what it seems trophy-wise. In reality it's a huge grind of 20,000 kills.

1Ld55f52.png

• Kent: 25 -> 31
    • Stalker: 14 -> 15
    • Prinny: 14 -> 15
    • Dragon: 15 -> 16
    • Kent: 88.95 -> 103.00
    • Stalker: 148.04 -> 143,17
    • Prinny: 354.78 -> 332,80
    • Dragon: 315.02 -> 327,20
  • Plat that's worth the most points: Toukiden The Age of Demons (Dragon) - 3,000.00

tl;dr

Point ranking:

1. Dragon
  2. Prinny
  3. Kent
  4. Stalker

Laziness ranking:

1. A tie between Prinny and Stalker
  2. Dragon
  3. Kent
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

How can you tell a thread is dead? Well, hardly anyone posts their new plats and there are 3 monthly updates on the same page. Luckily, that isn't the case here... oh wait :hmm: . Anyway, Happy New Year everyone! Here's hoping 2019 will be better than 2018. 

Let's take a look at how the lazy scrubs did in December. Only Prinny posted a plat and I'm getting tired to check everyone's profile, then look up the rarity and time it takes to plat it, so I'll only be counting those that have been posted. If you don't like it, start posting the plats, rarity, and estimated completion times :awesome: .

@Kent 3,193.00 points

Nothing was posted, so I'll assume he platted nothing either.

-

@MStalker58 2,147.49 points

Nothing was posted, so I'll assume he platted nothing either.

-

@Wdjat Prinny Doods 4,991.97 -> 5,295.45 points

Prinny managed to obtain the plat for Star Ocean Till the End of Time and now has the most points in the race.

1L136513.png

@Dragon-Archon 5,235.25 points

The last of the lazy scrubs didn't plat anything and is still working on 20,000 kills in Dungeon Travelers 2.

-

• Kent: 31
    • Stalker: 15
    • Prinny: 15 -> 16
    • Dragon: 16
    • Kent: 103.00
    • Stalker: 143,17
    • Prinny: 332,80 -> 330,97
    • Dragon: 327,20

tl;dr

Point ranking:

1. Prinny
  2. Dragon
  3. Kent
  4. Stalker

Laziness ranking:

1. Stalker
  2. A tie between Prinny and Dragon
  3. Kent
  • Like 2