Dedicated Servers to shut down September 3

DesmaBR

Just now, POEman553 said:

This may affect trophies, especially Apex Predator and Elite status trophies. 

True. I added a notice to my post.

If I get info on what trophies would be affected, I'll add it in

Not that familiar with the game (picked it up from a humble bundle some time back), but why would these trophies be affected? It sounds like aside from a few (Premade, Beat Them All, Lost My Leg In Nom (DLC), Likes to Watch (DLC)), they should be obtainable offline. Will they just be harder?

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, RNumbers said:

Not that familiar with the game (picked it up from a humble bundle some time back), but why would these trophies be affected? It sounds like aside from a few (Premade, Beat Them All, Lost My Leg In Nom (DLC), Likes to Watch (DLC)), they should be obtainable offline. Will they just be harder?

What features are going away?

• Hunt (Ranked)
    • Players will still be able to play Hunt by going into Quick play and Custom games
  • Player Profile data
  • Leaderboards will no longer be populated with player data
  • The in-game store will be removed
  • The newsfeed will be unavailable
  • Player Badges will be unavailable

Anything related to these features will be unattainable, I'd imagine

Badges would be the only thing I think would be unobtainable (Instant Artist) , and that's for a 50% rarity trophy. Everything else is  possible in quick match with invites or solo offline as far as I'm aware. 

Edited by Gage

1 minute ago, DARKB1KE said:

What's apex predator?

Rank 40 trophy. I think ranking is tied in with the leaderboards / servers. Because what's going to be lost is player profile data which includes your rank and the progress on your hunters / monsters. 

On 2018-06-02 at 1:57 AM, NaseemJohn said:

If you haven’t started up this game yet and you’re thinking about it I’d strongly advise you leave it alone. It’s the definition of tedious and requires about 100 hours of boost and at least 3 people. 

I boosted the hardest elite challenges with a friend only.

Edited by Maxie Mouse

On 6/2/2018 at 0:35 PM, POEman553 said:

Rank 40 trophy. I think ranking is tied in with the leaderboards / servers. Because what's going to be lost is player profile data which includes your rank and the progress on your hunters / monsters. 

But it seems you can gain xp offline so would that mean the data for ranking would be stored locally?

• Like 2

On 6/1/2018 at 11:38 PM, Nexuds121 said:

That's lame. It's only been out for 3 years and 4 months. That could of extended the online servers until end of 2019 next year.

According to playstationtrophies.org:    The servers for the game will be shutting down on 3rd September, from this point the peer to peer will still work (so you can invite your friends into a private lobby), but the online matchmaking/ranked and learderboards will no longer work.

As long as the players have the possibility of obtaining trophies and platinum for me, they can close the servers they want. The same applies to dead by daylight or friday the 13th

• Like 1

The Platinum/100% will become unobtainable after September 3rd, because the badge creator (which is required for the Instant Artist trophy) is one of the things that 2K are taking offline but all the other trophies will remain obtainable due to private matches and the P2P connections remaining online.

• 3 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Durrun said:

does anyone know what the "app" is for this game? i keep seeing it mentioned on other sites but not what it is or where to get it. i ask cuz apparently in speeds up the time to platinum

Pretty sure the app was discontinued some time ago. :/

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Durrun said:

what was it? in game? phone? some peice of dlc?

The App was a F2P, P2W game for Tablets and Mobile Phones that came in handy because it let you cut the Mastery times in half but unfortunately it was delisted about 2 years ago so now you have to do them the hard way :(. I'm about 3/4 of the way through the hunter Masteries but it's taking forever and I hate to think how long the monsters will take.

kk thx

59 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

The App was a F2P, P2W game for Tablets and Mobile Phones that came in handy because it let you cut the Mastery times in half but unfortunately it was delisted about 2 years ago so now you have to do them the hard way :(. I'm about 3/4 of the way through the hunter Masteries but it's taking forever and I hate to think how long the monsters will take.

1 hour ago, HuntingFever said:

It's still available on sites that keep legacy apps online for people to download, just have to search for it. Whether it connects is a whole other story 

• 1 month later...
10 minutes ago, kryptor_kris said:

So what will become unachievable after the server shutdown? Only the instant artist throphy?

Thinking about starting it.

Just wanna make sure i can get the plat when i want.

To be safe, do instant artist, pre made, observer and ninja time.

Instant artist is definite and only takes seconds. In case mp goes away, premade requires 4 players and observer requires 2.  Ninja time is just so much easier if you have 3 people.

If I'm not mistaken, everything else can be achieved solo with bots offline, including rank 40

43 minutes ago, kryptor_kris said:

So what will become unachievable after the server shutdown? Only the instant artist throphy?

Thinking about starting it.

Just wanna make sure i can get the plat when i want.

Instant Artist has been confirmed as being unobtainable once the servers go down but Premade, Beat them All and Likes To Watch are potentially at risk as well so get those done ASAP. Cockroch is another trophy that's infinitely easier when boosted, because it's insanely luck based otherwise.