Dedicated Servers to shut down September 3

DesmaBR

19 minutes ago, TazDevilz1986 said:

It's like 50/50 you wanna do the trophies that are listed as unobtainable and leave the game for later, and maybe some trophies will be unobtainable after you realize you should done them before that shut down date. Or you can go all in and do everything just to be safe.

I agree. I've been on it since the announcement. Unfortunately, I moved this month, so it kept me from it for a while. More than 2 weeks. Back at it now though. It helps that I like the game. Even with bots, it's a lot of fun for me.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, Xatranaz said:

So if the Player Profiles are going away, does that mean Apex Predator is unobtainable too or will  all your progress just be wiped away?

No, That trophy can be earned 100% offline as all XP is stored locally. The only trophy that is definitely going to become unobtainable, is the one for creating an emblem.

1 minute ago, HuntingFever said:

No, That trophy can be earned 100% offline as all XP is stored locally. The only trophy that is definitely going to become unobtainable, is the one for creating an emblem.

Yeah i was thinking that actually as you level up playing solo matches. Was going to test it out while not signed in, may still do. That Player Profile Data going away part of the support page got me spooked

Just now, Xatranaz said:

Yeah i was thinking that actually as you level up playing solo matches. Was going to test it out while not signed in, may still do. That Player Profile Data going away part of the support page got me spooked

I've already tested it, your characters can still earn XP and level up offline :). I had an internet outage a couple of months back and couldn't get a stable connection for a couple of days but during that period, I managed to level up a couple of Hunter Skills whilst offline and still got the respective trophies at the end of it when my connection came back :).

20 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

I've already tested it, your characters can still earn XP and level up offline :). I had an internet outage a couple of months back and couldn't get a stable connection for a couple of days but during that period, I managed to level up a couple of Hunter Skills whilst offline and still got the respective trophies at the end of it when my connection came back :).

Wait, so you earned the XP offline but the trophies didn't pop until you were online again? I'm confused because that sounds like, to me, you have to be able to connect to their servers still for the trophies to register.

25 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

Well that's good news. Thanks for that :)

22 minutes ago, Kittet3 said:

Wait, so you earned the XP offline but the trophies didn't pop until you were online again? I'm confused because that sounds like, to me, you have to be able to connect to their servers still for the trophies to register.

No, you have misread my post. What I said (or rather what I  was trying to say) is that the XP I earned offline, still counted towards the relevant trophies and they would have popped regardless of me being on or offline. Long story short: The XP related trophies can be earned 100% offline so won't be affected by the server closure :).

Edited by HuntingFever
Fixed typo.
  • Like 3

Game shoulda have gone Psplus months prior to this before it completely dies. Oh well. I got this game from a Humble bundle deal maybe should start it...or not.

So basically the only trophies that are going to be unobtainable are Beat Them all, Premade and Instant Artist. Does any one know how long it would take to earn these trophies. They only seem like they would take a couple hours at most but if someone could give me a heads up that would be great. Also any other tips about the game would be great as well if anyone as them. Thanks in advance.    

On 21/08/2018 at 10:41 PM, dragon11gggg said:

So basically the only trophies that are going to be unobtainable are Beat Them all, Premade and Instant Artist. Does any one know how long it would take to earn these trophies. They only seem like they would take a couple hours at most but if someone could give me a heads up that would be great. Also any other tips about the game would be great as well if anyone as them. Thanks in advance.    

Beat them all and Premade will still be obtainable, because the P2P connections and Private lobbies are staying open :). The only unobtainable trophy will be Instant Artist. All 3 trophies can be done in 15mins or less and Instant Artist takes all of 10secs to do.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

3 minutes ago, pMk2k said:

So... How do I create a badge then?

Thanks again.

in the game can you create the badge

P.D To earn this trophy you have to create a badge. To do this, navigate to the main menu and go to Profile. Then choose Badges with  and change it. Altering the color is enough for the trophy to pop. Save it and you are done.

Edited by locoporkko

On 8/24/2018 at 6:08 AM, HuntingFever said:

Beat them all and Premade will still be obtainable, because the P2P connections and Private lobbies are staying open :). The only unobtainable trophy will be Instant Artist. All 3 trophies can be done in 15mins or less and Instant Artist takes all of 10secs to do.

Are you certain? I read that Hunt is a ranked mode potentially requiring some server functionality. Is that only true for PC?

10 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

I'm 99% sure that's only the case on PC, because that version got a shit load of patches and changes that never made it over to the PS4 and XB1.

Ok, thanks. I'll take a chance and get the badge trophy right away and see what else I can do this weekend. Hopefully everything else remains achievable afterwards.

EDIT: Badge server back up.

Edited by RNumbers