Dedicated Servers to shut down September 3

DesmaBR

16 hours ago, JorgeSleep said:

Eh? I can connect to the game without problem. 1f914.png

If the game couldn't fill room with real people it use to fill game with bots but I was on searching for games and was on screen for 30 minutes and it couldn't find anything.

I did noticed on the 3rd sept the servers where on and off throughout the day, maybe when I was searching they was just getting stuff ready as I know when server was off on the 3rd sept the badge disappears from your name when its off.

9 hours ago, POEman553 said:

I cannot tell if anything was actually turned off. I was able to connect to the leaderboards and access my profile badge and connect to the servers for matchmaking. Maybe the shut down was for PC only and console versions have been P2P from the start. 

If you can connect to random people it means servers are still up fully.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BlackJudas77 said:

You mean solo?  Yes of course.  But boosting was so much easier for the masteries.

Tell me what was so much easier that you couldnt do alone? The only thing that's worth boosting is hank, thanks to the arena update you can do pretty much everything relatively fast. So not worth boosting, you can get the mp based trophies through custom matches with atleast one friend in it...

Think of beat them all premade requires 4

Edited by ZireaelReviews
Zaa

17 minutes ago, ZireaelReviews said:

Tell me what was so much easier that you couldnt do alone? The only thing that's worth boosting is hank, thanks to the arena update you can do pretty much everything relatively fast. So not worth boosting, you can get the mp based trophies through custom matches with atleast one friend in it...

Think of beat them all premade requires 4

Nothing "can't be done alone". It just takes 3x times more. Boosting 1v1 is the best option in this game to reduce the retarded grind involved. For monster masteries 1v2, otherwise expect to waste 5 times more time.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, EdinhoN said:

Nothing "can't be done alone". It just takes 3x times more. Boosting 1v1 is the best option in this game to reduce the retarded grind involved. For monster masteries 1v2, otherwise expect to waste 5 times more time.

This^

Solo is possible but it just makes the horrendous grind a 100x worse and way more tedious. Also note that a small number of trophies are borderline impossible solo e.g. Cockroach, because that requires an insane amount of luck to pull off if you don't boost it with a friend :(.

can confirm, Multiplayer is totally inaccessible now, meaning everything must be done solo. but ironically, badge editor is still up it seems  xD

hahaha wow talk about insane luck. just finished boosting everything yesterday and just need lv 40 basically

Edited by Trope Hore

20 minutes ago, Trope Hore said:

can confirm, Multiplayer is totally inaccessible now, meaning everything must be done solo. but ironically, badge editor is still up it seems  xD

hahaha wow talk about insane luck. just finished boosting everything yesterday and just need lv 40 basically

Are Private matches still possible or have they been shutdown as well?

"Lost My Leg in Nom" should be impossible too. It seems like the monster never eats somebody incapacitated or it would take a MASSIVE ammount of luck.

My guess: totally unobtainable.

"Premade" is also unobtainable, no way to get a party of 4 now.

And "Ninja Time" should still be obtainable, however should be a HUGE pain

The grind isnt impossible, arena matches take less then 10 minutes to complete

It's just those three trophies....

Wtf didnt they say peer 2 peer mp would be still playable? 

I'm the last guy on earth that would complain about these stuff, because if you missed it tough luck!

But here they said the peer2peer would be still playable on custom matches?

Man i swear if they pulled a fast one on is! I will NEVER buy another 2k related game, even if borderlands 3 came out!

1 hour ago, BlackJudas77 said:

Unfortunate.  2K either didn't convey the message appropriately or this was unforseen.  If it stays this way, the grind would be nearly impossible to complete even if you had the 3 strictly online trophies already.

Which part of the grind will be tough? Doesn't seem like anything will be that bad, even solo.

1 minute ago, RNumbers said:

Which part of the grind will be tough? Doesn't seem like anything will be that bad, even solo.

Tough in the fact that you need the AI to cooperate.  It simply lengthens the grind.  The masteries such as using your shield, discovering the monster, all of those things will multiply the grind from say 40 hours to possibly five-fold.  Not impossible, but also probably not worth doing in some people's minds.  I don't need to argue the possibility of getting to the end, but the lengthening of the process is indisputable.

5 minutes ago, BlackJudas77 said:

Tough in the fact that you need the AI to cooperate.  It simply lengthens the grind.  The masteries such as using your shield, discovering the monster, all of those things will multiply the grind from say 40 hours to possibly five-fold.  Not impossible, but also probably not worth doing in some people's minds.  I don't need to argue the possibility of getting to the end, but the lengthening of the process is indisputable.

Hm, ok. I'll check it out. I'll probably still go for it since I got all the other trophies done.