Dedicated Servers to shut down September 3

DesmaBR

37 minutes ago, ZireaelReviews said:

Have an upvote, son!

I still think it's a server error, because i just looked at the site and said the p2p would allow people to still play custom matches. But then again they already had a controversy with pes about this i think

Might apply to PC only.

15 minutes ago, ZireaelReviews said:

Have you tried the multiplayer? because i heard of multiple people that they get an error including myself. No if you read there server shutdown announcement they clearly stated for console and pc

Yeah, I mean the statemnt p2p functionality remaining may apply to PC only. It's definitely down on console at this moment.

6 minutes ago, RNumbers said:

Yeah, I mean the statemnt p2p functionality remaining may apply to PC only. It's definitely down on console at this moment.

It's not! Go read the server announcement man, it clearly says that for the pc and the console. It is down for sure and i hope it's only temporary, because they clearly said that you'd be still be able to play custom matches in the multiplayer?

Edited by ZireaelReviews

On 9/8/2018 at 3:35 PM, ZireaelReviews said:

It's not! Go read the server announcement man, it clearly says that for the pc and the console. It is down for sure and i hope it's only temporary, because they clearly said that you'd be still be able to play custom matches in the multiplayer?

I'm not arguing that the shut down notice doesnt apply to console, just pointing out that not EVERYTHING stated in the notice necessarily applies to both platforms. Time will tell, but I'd be very surprised if the servers come back for console. But hey, stranger things have happened.

EDIT: According to Turtle Rock Studios, what we're seeing is "a bug." So there's some hope. But I've been hurt before...

Edited by RNumbers

Haha, after Sony retrospectively changed the shutdown date for Gravity Crash when they got called out for shutting it down 2 months early I thought for sure 2K would basically do the same, but I guess you can't lose 'em all.

Edited by RNumbers

Yeah I think I’m going to make this a priority seeing as the severs are all over the place and 2K can’t get their act together. 

I only started the game to earn the badge trophy right before he original shut down date, so I’d like to not have an another unobtainable plat added to my profile

anyone know how easy or hard it is to find matches? 

Edited by black__bunny

12 hours ago, black__bunny said:

Yeah I think I’m going to make this a priority seeing as the severs are all over the place and 2K can’t get their act together. 

I only started the game to earn the badge trophy right before he original shut down date, so I’d like to not have an another unobtainable plat added to my profile

anyone know how easy or hard it is to find matches? 

Pre-Server Dedicated Server closure, the servers were a ghost town outside of peak time but you could always find enough people to form a boosting party if you made a boosting session here :). Now the Dedicated Servers have closed, I imagine that boosting is probably the only way you're going to get the online stuff done.

8 hours ago, Ur_Big_Bad_Papa said:

how many people required to host a playable session. must be 5 people?

Most things can be done solo, offline against bots.  A few trophies require a second person . 1 trophy requires 4 people.

Aside from the 4 player trophy, anything else can be boosted by 2 people because the game will fill out the other spots with bots