Possible to self boost?

GUDGER666

I'm literally doing it right now on the xbox 360, just checked my computer between wins. So yes, you can. Just have your second account retire as soon as the race starts, complete the 1st lap, and you will get the win. I've literally never seen a copy of this game on PS3, good luck!

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Floorkiller74 said:

I'm literally doing it right now on the xbox 360, just checked my computer between wins. So yes, you can. Just have your second account retire as soon as the race starts, complete the 1st lap, and you will get the win. I've literally never seen a copy of this game on PS3, good luck!

What about the co-op championship trophies? My local CEX has about 6 copies in. 2014 is hard to find though. 

• 3 months later...
On 12/6/2018 at 6:23 AM, GUDGER666 said:

Can anyone confirm whether I can get the co-op championship trophies leaving P2 idle?

I tried with 2 controllers but i couldn't do it. With my first controller I usually win (25 pts) but Ferrari AI make P2 - 3 (18pts+15pts) or P2-P4 (18+12) or P3+P4 (15+12).

So I boosted it with a friend recent days. We finished 2 seasons: constructor both years and invididual one for me and the other for my friend. 

• Like 1

• 5 years later...

Its possible to self boost ,you just need to bump off road 4 ai bots at start so they cant finished second ,thirth and 4th on first 4 corners ,the hamilton and alenso team,and then going for the win,it seems like the ai bots dont overtake eachother,so if hamilton drop to 14 it stays until end,if you quite game with alt and main it wont save so you have unlimited trys

• 1 month later...

I can also confirm it's possible to self-boost both coop trophies. But it's basically a 1 vs. 4 fight, since you're up against the two other top teams, so you need to get your elbows out and knock them off-track whenever you can to maintain first place in the constructors standings. I ultimately managed to win the constructor's title on my own with a race to spare, 70 points ahead of Mercedes while driving for Red Bull.

It should also be noted that the AI drones are fairly competent drivers, even on Amateur. While there are some courses where you can get a slightly more comfortable lead, during most races they're breathing down your neck and will fly past you should you make a bigger mistake. They're also quite aggressive, I got hit and even spun around by another driver several times during my playthrough.

23 minutes ago, usernam569 said:

By self-boost are you guys referring to using 2 PS3's or is there some way I can complete the co-op trophies in split screen?

It's with 2 PS3's. This is online only and can't be done split screen. 

Edited by Stevieboy
clean up for edited post
  • Like 1