Snickel

Online avaliable now?

19 posts in this topic

I know that the online services for this game went down awhile back but with Bloodstone servers being up now is this game possible.  People said that you could join private lobbies before and the game searched for games but nothing was ever found, but that the leaderboards didn't work.  The leaderboards seem to work now and the game still searches for games but I think you need 4 to start certain game modes.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Snickel said:

I know that the online services for this game went down awhile back but with Bloodstone servers being up now is this game possible.  People said that you could join private lobbies before and the game searched for games but nothing was ever found, but that the leaderboards didn't work.  The leaderboards seem to work now and the game still searches for games but I think you need 4 to start certain game modes.

@Red_Dragon_JPN was looking for people to try this. contact him, but don't be too hopeful so you don't get too disappointed if it fails.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The only way to know is to try it. I'm willing to test the online matchmaking with you once we find 2 more players.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My friend tried it with 2 ps3s and had all the same issues that the game was having last year, do NOT be hopeful at all. 

 

However, still best to try it as 4 ps3s and report back. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If I still have the game I will check when I get home. Think I sold it though...

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

While looking through the multiplayer trophies for this game I noticed six which have been earned after the servers were supposedly shut down in 2016. Obviously the trophies for eliminating other players can't be obtained anymore, but all of these have to do with earning and spending credits, so it seems they can still be done solo.

 

For England, James?

I know where you keep your gun

Ejector seat, you're joking?

Goldfinger

Chemin de Fer

Quite the body count

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Who knows? ;) The fact is that people have been earning these trophies after the shutdown, the most recent being in October of last year. That's all I'm saying 🤷‍♂️

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, JohzyDeMartin said:

@GTRP_Lancerlover I don't think you can earn credits from an unraked online match.

Correct. Private and unranked matches, don't count for anything.

39 minutes ago, GTRP_Lancerlover said:

Who knows? ;) The fact is that people have been earning these trophies after the shutdown, the most recent being in October of last year. That's all I'm saying 🤷‍♂️

The recent earners have almost certainly hacked those trophies, because the ranked servers were shutdown ages ago.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@HuntingFever It isn't that the servers where shutdown, its that the game won't matchmake players together. So its as if you are the only one searching to play and will never find anyone else on the server. 

On the other hand, the XBOX servers (last I knew) work perfectly well. I had a mate of mine achieve the 100% on XBOX since he couldn't do it on PS.

So this sounds more like a bug that some1 could fix if they just dedicated some time to it..... sigh...

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, JohzyDeMartin said:

@HuntingFever It isn't that the servers where shutdown, its that the game won't matchmake players together. So its as if you are the only one searching to play and will never find anyone else on the server. 

On the other hand, the XBOX servers (last I knew) work perfectly well. I had a mate of mine achieve the 100% on XBOX since he couldn't do it on PS.

So this sounds more like a bug that some1 could fix if they just dedicated some time to it..... sigh...

The difference between the PS3 and Xbox 360 versions, is that the PS3 release used a middleware program for its matchmaking, whereas the 360 version's matchmaking servers are plugged directly into Xbox Live so can't be turned off. Unless Activision gets the 007 licence back and reinstates the middleware matchmaking program, the PS3 version will remain unplantinumable :(.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/22/2019 at 11:09 AM, HuntingFever said:

Correct. Private and unranked matches, don't count for anything.

The recent earners have almost certainly hacked those trophies, because the ranked servers were shutdown ages ago.

Actually that’s probably not true, as long as you’ve got credits you can still go in unlock some weapons,etc from the multiplayer.... I know I have enough to unlock a trophy, but haven’t got back around to it.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder if even though it wasn’t one the method for all the old gonespy servers could work :hmm: 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Carbon_Lancer said:

Actually that’s probably not true, as long as you’ve got credits you can still go in unlock some weapons,etc from the multiplayer.... I know I have enough to unlock a trophy, but haven’t got back around to it.

If I'm wrong, then I'll be happy to admit it :).

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If anyone still needs to online trophies and possible to get them, please add me., I also need them. I'm ready for all assisting. (gmt +2)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.