I'LL BE BACK Question

DannPS

I am going for the trophy " I'LL BE BACK " and I am not sure if I have messed up. In the chapter partners I did not find the deviant so it has skipped the interrogation mission, which is required for the trophy.

My question is can I chapter select and continue from the partners mission or do I have to start the game again for it to count? 

You should be able to chapter select from the chapter Partners and continue the game from there, this is what i am doing right now with the survivors trophy (everyone alive), i didn't start the whole game over.

Edited by SealedCard
one letter

You didn't need to restart the chapter, actually.  You only need 8 deaths to trigger the trophy, the game offers 10 or 11.  So you can actually miss 2 or 3 of Connor's deaths and be fine, it'll just take longer to reach.

Edited by Xyex_
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I’m confused with this trophy. 

I have finished the game but Connor didn’t die at all from the choices etc i made. 

So now can I go back using chapter select, and select 8 different chapters where he can die and get it this way? If so does this have to be done in any order? Like if I make him die in the Crossroads chapter can I then go back and let him die on the first chapter of the game too with chapter select? Or does it have to be done in story order?

Or do I need to do a playthrough from the beginning and make him die 8 times throughout the game as I go through it again until it unlocks?

i really don’t want to do the latter.

Edited by Gizmo_Monkey

On 6/7/2018 at 3:39 AM, Xyex_ said:

You didn't need to restart the chapter, actually.  You only need 8 deaths to trigger the trophy, the game offers 10 or 11.  So you can actually miss 2 or 3 of Connor's deaths and be fine, it'll just take longer to reach.

This is not true, missed one and thought id be fine cause of this thread but it didnt pop ? it has to be the 8 stated in the guide. end game ones DONT COUNT

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Gizmo_Monkey said:

I’m confused with this trophy. 

I have finished the game but Connor didn’t die at all from the choices etc i made. 

So now can I go back using chapter select, and select 8 different chapters where he can die and get it this way? If so does this have to be done in any order? Like if I make him die in the Crossroads chapter can I then go back and let him die on the first chapter of the game too with chapter select? Or does it have to be done in story order?

Or do I need to do a playthrough from the beginning and make him die 8 times throughout the game as I go through it again until it unlocks?

i really don’t want to do the latter.

You have to do them in one playthrough, so start a new game.

You can kill Markus and Kara off to make the playthrough quicker.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi im a little confused i.e i already have two deaths(hostage mission and interrogation mission) so do i continue playing the game using chapter select after the interrogation mission or do i have to start with "New story" option?

• 4 weeks later...

I’m having trouble getting this to pop.  I went back through using chapter select and got the death for each one.  When looking at chapter select, the Conner death is the blue highlight one for each of them. Am I going to have to do it in one playthrough?  Was trying to avoid that. 

On 26 June 2018 at 6:16 PM, MaD3mon47 said:

Hi im a little confused i.e i already have two deaths(hostage mission and interrogation mission) so do i continue playing the game using chapter select after the interrogation mission or do i have to start with "New story" option?

1 hour ago, bleedingwicked said:

I’m having trouble getting this to pop.  I went back through using chapter select and got the death for each one.  When looking at chapter select, the Conner death is the blue highlight one for each of them. Am I going to have to do it in one playthrough?  Was trying to avoid that. 

The answer is the same for both of you, don't use chapter select. You have to get all of Connor's deaths in one playthrough.

On 7/21/2018 at 11:00 AM, Feral said:

The answer is the same for both of you, don't use chapter select. You have to get all of Connor's deaths in one playthrough.

thanks for replying and actually i got the plat and i confirm i got it by starting from chapter select instead of starting a whole new game btw do note i already had the first two deaths so i just started after the interrogation mission and got the trophy.

4 minutes ago, MaD3mon47 said:

thanks for replying and actually i got the plat and i confirm i got it by starting from chapter select instead of starting a whole new game btw do note i already had the first two deaths so i just started after the interrogation mission and got the trophy.

No worries. Well if you started from there and played through then of course it popped because you didn't jump around and already had two deaths.