What was the hardest decision you made in your playthrough?

A lot of choices in Detroit: Become Human are fairly easy for people and just come down to personal preference, I doubt anyone struggled with the violent vs non-violent protest. Those aren't the answers that interest me. Games like this are at their best when you can see and agree with people choosing either choice.

Spoiler

For me: Todd was alive and at the bus stop, after convincing him to let us leave Alice started to approach Todd. You were then given the choice to stop Alice or do nothing. Forgiving someone for heinous actions is impossible from your own perspective, but still extremely difficult even when you know their reason. 

I chose to let Alice and Todd hug, I thought it would help them both to move on from that stage of their lives'. 

Edited by breakingthegreen
For the spoiler warning
  • Like 1

There were no "hard" choices for me.
But:

Spoiler

(As with the survey) When you find out about Alice. That shit threw me for a loop. I knew something was up, but I did Not see that coming.

And:

Spoiler

Crossing the river into Canada was fucking Disaster! I thought everything was going to work out in the end. I was WAY wrong...

I would consider that a wrong decision by me.

• Like 1

Hardest choice? Well it depended on the playthrough. For the first one, 

Spoiler

Deciding to shoot the cops that killed the androids after conducting a peaceful riot. I let the crowd decide thinking they would spare them and I was wrong. Cue next scene where I find out said dead cop just became a father and was a friend of Hank. I felt horrible for not sparing them.

For the second playthroughL

Spoiler

Failing the QTE's and watching Alice get run over by a car. I'm glad they didn't show her mangled corpse after that. Also, Hank shooting himself and Sumo's howling. I had to stop playing after that

Edited by Konoe
  • Like 2

For me it was actually...

Spoiler

just generally deciding what to do as Markus when it comes to his revolution, i was peaceful the whole time but it felt like it wasn't working (until much later) and it made me want to start being agressive, thankfully it all worked out in the end for them for me. :) 

1 hour ago, breakingthegreen said:

Hide contents

For me: Todd was alive and at the bus stop, after convincing him to let us leave Alice started to approach Todd. You were then given the choice to stop Alice or do nothing. Forgiving someone for heinous actions is impossible from your own perspective, but still extremely difficult even when you know their reason. 

I chose to let Alice and Todd hug, I thought it would help them both to move on from that stage of their lives'. 

Spoiler

I stopped Alice there because i thought she would stay with him and i wanted her with me, just another option in the game that makes you think it will do something but instead it does something entirely different...

15 hours ago, Izul said:
  Hide contents

Not really a decision, but hard to do: Being mean to Hank, dying a lot as Connor and getting hostile with him. I absolutely loved the friendship between Connor and Hank, so it broke my heart when he committed suicide. I don't think I've ever felt so bad due to a videogame before. 

I wanted to see "Terminator-Connor", but I prefer Deviant-Connor with Hank as his best friend. That's just so wonderful <3 

I feel exactly the same as you. That was the hardest thing I had to do in this game. Also because of what it leads to.

• Like 1

Spoiler

My hardest decision was honestly whether to make connor deviant or not. I had to pause the game to think longer about this decision. The entire game I was set on making him the android to hunt other deviants but as he came face to face with Markus it was really hard to decide to let that connor go to the dark side so to speak even though I was doing all non-android things as choices for him throughout the playthrough. I chose to keep him serving the humans but I refused to shoot Markus in cold blood like that so my Connor succesfully evaded the back door hack by Cyberlife to manually make him shoot Markus. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have 2 that are kind of at the same level:

Spoiler

• Leaving Simon behind in the Stratford tower (he was shot already once and in bad shape going into the broadcast room). I felt if Marcus tried to save them and they both died, the revolution would fall apart.
  • Leaving Luther behind in the Jericho raid. It's funny knowing now that a lot of the "save/leave" options could usually be recovered with QTE success I would have easily gone with it. However you don't know for sure on Playthrough 1. It felt like a sacrifice of both Luther and Kara that would have left Alice all by herself. Oh well, that is part of the beauty of these games!

Edited by Dead-Sync

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

There were surprisingly not that many difficult choices for me during my first playthrough, I got pretty much exactly the ending I wanted except for

Spoiler

getting Alice and Kara killed during the escape from Jericho. I almost decided to immediately replay that chapter but ultimately decided to finish the game and just replay the game from that point on afterwards. I already felt really bad for getting them killed and Chloe blaming me for their deaths didn't really help.

Of course there were decisions I had to make that I'm not proud of, like

Spoiler

Stealing the bus tickets but if I have to sell my soul to keep Alice alive, then that's a sacrifice I'm willing to make.

Honestly, I'd say the most difficult decision for me ultimately was

Spoiler

letting Chloe go after finishing the game. I didn't want her to leave but I could never keep her against her will. I swear this is the first time a game's main menu gave me feelings ?

Edited by Janire1911