GHTV Shutting Down on December 1, 2018

dertswa687o

On 2018. 06. 18. at 9:30 PM, gamesfourever said:

Too bad, this will become an unobtainable plat for me. some idiots thought it would be fun to bring over guitar hero and play on my account while i wasn't even home. not really their fault ofc but unfortunately some trophies popped so now im stuck with this. i did try the game a bit myself later, trying to knock a few of the easier trophies out. But i could never imagine myself even being able to complete anything on expert difficulty and my wrist already hurted pretty bad due to the odd way of holding a guitar. my wrist aren't used to bend 90 degrees. 1f61e.png

Forget the expert difficulty. Head for the GHTV and beat the online related trophies. You have to grind...a LOT for the strummilionare. If you can reach an avarage 95%+ on the regular songs in GHTV on advanced difficulty, than you can beat the Imagine Dragons in GH Live. Trust me! It's about practice. 

Guitar Hero Live is my first GH game... i bought it on october and a played a LOT! I've started on beginner difficulty! Finally achieved the Oh you fancy in January.

• 4 weeks later...

well first of all, they made the biggest mistake they could ever do which is change the guitar scheme of guitar hero franchise. Harmonix was smart and so mantained same scheme for rock band 4 and also pro drums. Activision thought they would renovate the series with the 6 buttom thing but it really just made it die faster. It's a shame that one of my fav series will die forever and no new game will come out. I'm a guitar hero player for years now and it sucks. Not to talk about guitar hero hits servers that are down for ps3 and up and active for xbox, all servers work, except gh hits, it's so dumb i could get a 0.14% plat..  Good job, activision. Killed guitar hero plus forgot about gh hits servers 

Edited by black_opREADYf1
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, black_opREADYf1 said:

well first of all, they made the biggest mistake they could ever do which is change the guitar scheme of guitar hero franchise. Harmonix was smart and so mantained same scheme for rock band 4 and also pro drums. Activision thought they would renovate the series with the 6 buttom thing but it really just made it die faster. It's a shame that one of my fav series will die forever and no new game will come out. I'm a guitar hero player for years now and it sucks. Not to talk about guitar hero hits servers that are down for ps3 and up and active for xbox, all servers work, except gh hits, it's so dumb i could get a 0.14% plat..  Good job, activision. Killed guitar hero plus forgot about gh hits servers 

I hate the 6 button guitar with a passion

• Like 1

On 21-7-2018 at 10:59 PM, black_opREADYf1 said:

Its pure marketing. New controller means that people are forced to buy it and cant use their old ones. That was also one of the reasons guitar hero died before this, because they kept pumping new games but since everybody already had a controller, they couldn't make money off it anymore to keep the series alive.

21 minutes ago, gamesfourever said:

Its pure marketing. New controller means that people are forced to buy it and cant use their old ones. That was also one of the reasons guitar hero died before this, because they kept pumping new games but since everybody already had a controller, they couldn't make money off it anymore to keep the series alive.

Actually, the new controller is an awesome new challenge for GH veterans. I'm having lots of fun with this game and I barely played it yet. So sad to see it dying.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm at 72% , I've got vacation now so maybe with some luck I've platinum before December... But I've to start now! There are only a few hard ones I still need to get, doing GHTV first and then the singleplayer ones.

On 6/18/2018 at 9:30 PM, gamesfourever said:

But i could never imagine myself even being able to complete anything on expert difficulty and my wrist already hurted pretty bad due to the odd way of holding a guitar. my wrist aren't used to bend 90 degrees. ?

Your wrists are not supposed to be bending 90°, you're doing something wrong ?

Edited by Sundr0wn

• 2 weeks later...

Finally decided to give this game another shot today and was disappointed to see the notice about the server shutdown. :( Unlocked two of the GHTV trophies - only like thirty-something to go. :P

My strum count is only at like 8,200. ?

Edited by Vrisnem
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, Vrisnem said:

Finally decided to give this game another shot today and was disappointed to see the notice about the server shutdown. :( Unlocked two of the GHTV trophies - only like thirty-something to go. :P

My strum count is only at like 8,200. 1f605.png

God speed. I'm at 609K, and it's brutal. I believe in you!

3 hours ago, CapitanoEstebano said:

Do you have any useful advice? Only at 300k :(

What I've been doing from basically 400k on has been playing Rivals Arena - When I get matched up with a rival, I play for real and try to rank up. (currently at division 2 and only 2 wins away from division 1). When I don't get matched with a rival, I just basically strum rapidly through the whole song. If my wrist cramps up, I'll give it a rest for 20 seconds or so. I play about an hour or so a day.

This week, I've gotten about 60K strums this way since Monday, just playing about an hour or two every day before or after work, sometimes less.

18 hours ago, xLAKITUx said:

What I've been doing from basically 400k on has been playing Rivals Arena - When I get matched up with a rival, I play for real and try to rank up. (currently at division 2 and only 2 wins away from division 1). When I don't get matched with a rival, I just basically strum rapidly through the whole song. If my wrist cramps up, I'll give it a rest for 20 seconds or so. I play about an hour or so a day.

This week, I've gotten about 60K strums this way since Monday, just playing about an hour or two every day before or after work, sometimes less.

Thanks for the advice. I just got hit with a corrupted save and lost about 50k. Thankfully I recently backed it up yesterday after reading that it could happen. I advise backing up frequently if you have not yet, turns out it’s pretty common and I consider myself lucky that it happened after and not before. Don’t know how I would’ve reacted if I lost everything 

22 hours ago, CapitanoEstebano said:

Do you have any useful advice? Only at 300k :(

I have broken it up into 50,000 strums a day. Half in the morning, half at night so I stay sane. I'll reach 700k today, and though I'm getting bored, it's manageable. Thankfully, I only have a week left. I started this at around 300k, after getting all other GHTV trophies. 

Edited by Beeinhollywood

• 1 month later...