"Negaposi" and "Disappearance": banes of my trophy hunt

Think I'm glad we haven't got the new trophy list Japan has, as my last trophy is to clear the Future Sound songs, and "Negaposi*Continues" and "The Disappearance of Hatsune Miku" have seen me failing around the 20% mark so far...on NORMAL! Really not sure of my patience to grind this out after soldiering through all those others. Maybe some of the Colorful Tone songs I've skipped're tougher (think the DLC songs counted toward that set's trophy completion), but I well hope not. Any lurkers here with advice or anecdotes?

EDIT: Tried "Disappearance" the second time, just after posting this, and managed a 63.72%. One fear down, a nightmare to go...

EDIT2: Uh, third, prolly fourth try on "Negaposi", eeked out a 53.09%. Good thing the feature zones or whate'er they're called don't count against your health, though it certainly taxed mine IRL. Trophies done. Now to chill.

Edited by TJF588
Immediate karma.

Haha, posting about such stuff always seems to help finishing these kinda things. I hadn't any problems on normal difficulty with the songs but I never tried them on hard. However Negaposi is also a song on Project Diva f on the Vita and I started to hate this song with a passion since it is the only song I just can't finish on the hardest difficulty no matter how hard I try. It isn't needed trophy-wise but it sure is a thorn in my pride having only one unfinished song in the whole game.

Meanwhile my room mate has 160 ingame hours in Future Tone and finished all songs but 9 on hard with perfect score. She's on a whole different level than I could ever imagine for myself. But Negposi and Disappearance are both songs she still is fighting with so yeah, those are really something.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TJF588 said:

as my last trophy is to clear the Future Sound songs, and "Negaposi*Continues" and "The Disappearance of Hatsune Miku" have seen me failing around the 20% mark so far...on NORMAL!

33 minutes ago, Lagoon Aris said:

However Negaposi is also a song on Project Diva f on the Vita and I started to hate this song with a passion since it is the only song I just can't finish on the hardest difficulty no matter how hard I try. It isn't needed trophy-wise but it sure is a thorn in my pride having only one unfinished song in the whole game.

I know exactly how you guys feel ?

At first you don't succeed, try again! :highfive:

First thing is to locate where you're having trouble, then going into Practice and keep doing that part until it comes naturally. The hardest part of Negaposi, in my opinion, is the rhythm and speed (I hate this song as much as the next person). For Disappearance, it's definitely the speed. As you get more practice on the songs and do the higher difficulties, you will learn to dual-wield, which means you'll be able to use both hands to hit the face buttons and the corresponding buttons on the d-pad. I wouldn't worry about that yet, though, and only practice that when the time is needed.

5 hours ago, TJF588 said:

Think I'm glad we haven't got the new trophy list Japan has,

The new physical game did not require you to play these songs, you only have to play the new (DLC) songs. Was the easiest Project Diva game to get the plat so far

• 3 years later...

This game taught me that while I like many types of rhythm games (and l might attempt something like Rocksmith, Taiko No Tatsujin-if I can get my hands on a drum controller-or Beat Saber in the future for trophy hunting purposes), this kind of rhythm game that solely relies on repetitive button mashing on a normal controller isn’t for me. Particularly not for trophy hunting purposes.

This game was literally and metaphorically  multiple headaches to complete. Even Thumper has never caused me headaches while playing (with VR). And I understand the trophy list is one of the “easier” ones for this sort of game. 

I swear I only got through Negaposi and Denparadigm by sheer dumb luck-playing them over and over again until I managed to get just enough to clear them (fairly sure both songs were cleared in the 50-51% range). I downloaded the base game for free thinking it was a demo, but once I got trophies I decided to wait for a decent sale and buy it so I could complete it. I’m glad I’ve finished the trophy list, but I’ll probably never touch it again.