To those trying it- how's the pacifism run going?

Alos88

It's not too difficult as long as you heal all the citizens each day and keep on top of upgrading your weapons. My first run was without killing anyone (which is only not drinking their blood), and I ended the game comfortably on level 25. I did pretty much every side mission though and would stop and kill everyone I saw to try and gain some extra XP. So it's very doable, you just have to have decent weapons and patience with the later enemies.

The end boss I basically took down in one try with shotguns, pistols and my bone saw :)

I'm about to make a "No kill guide" and I've just finished my first run without killing anyone....
But is it still possible to get the trophy "Not even once"....

Spoiler

....turning some of the leaders into vampires during the story like Sean Hampton or Swansea?
I know that letting Swansea and Dawson die won't count as a kill (since I've got the trophy), but I'd like to end the game without let any citizen turn into Skal or any possibile loss and ALSO get the perfect ending.

So...is that possible? Anyone tried that?

9 hours ago, IosonoOtakuman said:

I'm about to make a "No kill guide" and I've just finished my first run without killing anyone....
But is it still possible to get the trophy "Not even once"....

Hide contents

....turning some of the leaders into vampires during the story like Sean Hampton or Swansea?
I know that letting Swansea and Dawson die won't count as a kill (since I've got the trophy), but I'd like to end the game without let any citizen turn into Skal or any possibile loss and ALSO get the perfect ending.

So...is that possible? Anyone tried that?

Spoiler

When Sean drinks your blood, he is actually cured of his disease - it's what I did and got the good ending. I also turned Swansea into a vampire and got the good ending. You just have to NOT use mesmerise on anyone and bite them in order to gain XP and knowledge.

10 hours ago, Reaper-BEL-1991 said:

One of my citizens turned through events in the story? Can you kill them after they turned or will it negate the trophy?

Reveal hidden contents

I'm talking about Dorothy here, she turned after I've picked the blue option.

I left her but I presume it would be okay as in the end cutscene you say 'I've not fed on anyone since my sister' - at the beginning of the game - so you're not feeding on them - so should be okay.

9 hours ago, turniplord said:
  Hide contents

When Sean drinks your blood, he is actually cured of his disease - it's what I did and got the good ending. I also turned Swansea into a vampire and got the good ending. You just have to NOT use mesmerise on anyone and bite them in order to gain XP and knowledge.

Spoiler

I've loaded a save and turned Swansea into a vampire, but the newspaper said that the condition of the hospital got worse (thou I didn't noticed anyone turning into Skal or anything).

I hope it's the best outcome....if I leave him for death the hospital zone ACTUALLY drops a lot, so I guess it's a lose-lose situation....

On 05/06/2018 at 4:20 PM, IosonoOtakuman said:

Hide contents

I've loaded a save and turned Swansea into a vampire, but the newspaper said that the condition of the hospital got worse (thou I didn't noticed anyone turning into Skal or anything).

I hope it's the best outcome....if I leave him for death the hospital zone ACTUALLY drops a lot, so I guess it's a lose-lose situation....

I didn't read the paper tbh. in the chapter before the last everyone in my playthrough was cured - literally everyone, and I have no idea why. I never found the means to cure the headaches and that line of illnesses, but everyone lived in the end... well, nobody died by my teeth anyway!

I beat the game today without killing anybody and no trophy popped.

Spoiler

I wiped the memory of Dorothi 

I spare Sean, after that  become enemy and the district hostile (I think this is the point I screw the trophy) sacrifice xp and turn vampire!

14 minutes ago, JhOnNY_HD said:

I beat the game today without killing anybody and no trophy popped.

Hide contents

I wiped the memory of Dorothi 

I spare Sean, after that  become enemy and the district hostile (I think this is the point I screw the trophy) sacrifice xp and turn vampire!

Spoiler

Wiping the memory of Dorothy is where I think you went wrong. Doing that causes her to go missing, and when she surfaces later, she's one of the primal vampires (I forgot what they're called). I haven't beaten the game yet, but I'm attempting a pacifist run, and I spared her and the district did not suffer. 

10 hours ago, Nightowljrm said:

Hide contents

Wiping the memory of Dorothy is where I think you went wrong. Doing that causes her to go missing, and when she surfaces later, she's one of the primal vampires (I forgot what they're called). I haven't beaten the game yet, but I'm attempting a pacifist run, and I spared her and the district did not suffer. 

Spoiler

Actually I wiped her memory in my first run and I've got the trophy anyway.
I guess you don't have to kill her even if she's transformed (or any other citizen for that matter).

I complete last night and go the trophy. Some people go missing and dies in Docks, I didn't turn none of the first characters or anybody on vampire, I forgive or let them dies, depending of the character. You can bite the guy in Mary fight, and I always cure everyone in all district(is give you good xp) I finished with level 29. Is only a bit hard if you're under level.

I defeat McCullum and the rest of the bosses at the first try, except Mary.

*Sorry for my bad English*

Spoiler

If i spared Sean and he turned hostile to me as well as some other citizens.

Does killing him now voids the trophy? Anybody knows for sure?

Also if i kill him, next night the entire distinct will turn hostile for me for some reason, but i didn't kill anybody.

This will void the trophy for sure i think.

12 hours ago, Hartgroove said:
  Hide contents

If i spared Sean and he turned hostile to me as well as some other citizens.

Does killing him now voids the trophy? Anybody knows for sure?

Also if i kill him, next night the entire distinct will turn hostile for me for some reason, but i didn't kill anybody.

This will void the trophy for sure i think.

Yes, he became hostile and is okay to kill him then.

Got the trophy, some info in spoilers below

Spoiler

I've killed Giselle when she was hostile to me when I encountered her in the streets.

I've killed citizens who turned vampire when a district was critical.

I've killed major plot citizens when they became vampires.

I did not ever embrace a citizen.

Edited by Reaper-BEL-1991

• 4 weeks later...

It's not that difficult as long as you keep upgrading your weapon and try to interact with the citizens as much as you can. Learning hints and doing their investigations. As well as healing them whenever they get sick. I usually would never level up unless all the sick citizens were recovering. This should grant you enough experience to level yourself up enough so that the combat never gets too difficult. Learning how to dodge efficiently is crucial for some encounters. For bosses I recommend a good range weapon. It does a lot of damage and it keeps you at a distance if you need to heal or regain stamina/blood. I defeated the final boss at level 28.

As for some story moments, here's what you want to do.

Spoiler
  • Release Clay.
  • Spare Dorothy.
  • Turn Sean.
  • Charm Aloysius.
  • Spare McCullum.
  • Turn Dr. Swansea.

As long as you do that and make sure to never embrace any of the citizens, as well as save those that are in peril, you'll be in range for the trophy.

Edited by Zarmatura93
  • Like 1

I enjoyed it on the pacifist run, it almost seems like it should be played that way. If you get the massive amount of xp otherwise you just get too OP. It's like it balances the game. Then when you wanna cleanup collectables at chapter 6 you just go ham on dtainging them and picking everything up around tough enemies become a joke.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

This shit is terrible on pacifist run. Facing two or three enemies can either result in a very quick death or you can dance around and die slower. Just getting to the next area of the map is a chore. There's no fast travel, either. 

The poison takes way too much of your life, the fire arrows take too much, the priests' faith takes too much....it all is very frustrating combined with the awful combat.

I'm at the last boss now and I can either die in three hits or jump around and die in three minutes. Oh, and if you use your health potions and die, you don't get them back. Fun.

I didn't have any issues with the pacifist run. It was my first playthrough pre-release for review purposes, no guides were out there, no easy mode added to the game, no balancing patches or updates - I really didn't have an issue with it. As long as you killed everything and invested your points into moves you used regularly, it was quite easy - oh, and use guns!

The end boss lost about 80% of their health to my shotgun from afar before I had to run in and melee it to death from what I can remember.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

My first playthrough was a pacifist run, and except for the annoying loading times and freezes, I enjoyed every minute of it. The combat sections reminded me a lot of Bloodborne, especially the boss fights, so I got used to the gameplay rather quickly. However, I didn't use any firearms or ultimates; I mainly fought with the barbed cudgel and used shadow mist whenever I wanted to get in some extra damage or had to keep my distance. Don't know if I made the game harder for myself that way, but it suited my playstyle better. I always made sure to cure every sick citizen I found (maybe that's why the Docks district didn't turn hostile after I spared Sean - during my pacifist playthrough I missed a hint for the option to turn him) and also finished most of the sidequests. At the end of the game, I was at level 28.

Some general tips:

• Focus on health and stamina. If you don't ugrade your health, many of the later bosses' attacks will be one- or two-hit-kills. And more stamina means more hits and longer sprint.
  • Try to finish all sidequests before doing the main quests (if possible. Some sidequests can only be finished after you made enough progress in the main storyline). Since you can't kill citizens on a pacifist playthrough, you'll need every bit of exp you can get.
  • You also get exp for finding hints and curing citizens, so make sure to exhaust all dialogue options and cure everyone who is sick.
  • Upgrade your weapons asap. By the time you get to Whitechapel, attacking a tougher enemy like a rogue ekon with a level 1 weapon has about the same effect as pricking them with a toothpick.
  • LOOT. EVERYTHING.
  • Like 1