Devil May Cry 5 domain registered

Zenpai

What is going on with Capcom? They are finally trying to undo the "Crapcom" name they made for themselves?

First we get a new Megaman game and now a Devil May Cry?

Well... all I can say is that I hope it's classic Dante again alongside some new character, maybe a demon lady this time.

• Like 3

Nice to hear that Capcom is planning a new Devil May Cry game with the classic Dante. :)

I second one of the above comments ↑ for a new Darkstalkers game.

Capcom... for the love of everything that is holy, when?

2 hours ago, Stardew Shelly said:

I want Ninja Theory back on this.

You heard me right.

42 minutes ago, Neef-GT5 said:

I quite agree, they did a very interesting job on the DmC reboot...

To be honest, I don't really have a horse in this race. I love the classic Devil May Cry, but I also liked the new direction Ninja Theory took the series in, so... all in all, I'll be happy no matter what.

(I do maybe lean a bit more towards classic DMC just because it's been so long... and also because I love the gothic ambience :P )

11 minutes ago, jrdemr said:

To be honest, I don't really have a horse in this race. I love the classic Devil May Cry, but I also liked the new direction Ninja Theory took the series in, so... all in all, I'll be happy no matter what.

(I do maybe lean a bit more towards classic DMC just because it's been so long... and also because I love the gothic ambience :P )

Have you seen Ninja Theory's early designs for Dante? They look incredible.

Capcom wanted something more edgy, everytime they handed in a new design Capcom basically was like: ''Nah, moahr edge lulz''

dmc_004_thumb.jpg

Ninja Theory actually did fantastic, the gameplay was stellar in my opinion.

J

Edited by Stardew Shelly
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, SiXDenso said:

Well you're not getting Ninja Theory on it so why even bring them up? Classic DMC won.

Because this is a Forum and this thread doesn't really have a specific topic other than ''the next Devil May Cry game''? :dunno:

And would you care to explain why we won't get Ninja Theory? I heard no talk of a developer as of yet, but you seem to be well informed. Maybe share the information?

J

Edited by Stardew Shelly

Of the DMC games I enjoyed 1-3 and DmC, 4 was OK at best and NOT due to the backtracking either. One of my main issues with 2 was Lucia and her terrible accent though the combat could have been better.

If they try to fix DMC they need to fix RE (classic RE for the REmake2). I like Ninja Theory's games myself so I do wonder what they will do next. I will get Hellblade if either Limited Run releases it or it becomes a PS+ game.

• 1 month later...
On 6/4/2018 at 4:14 PM, Paleblood said:

Because this is a Forum and this thread doesn't really have a specific topic other than ''the next Devil May Cry game''? :dunno:

And would you care to explain why we won't get Ninja Theory? I heard no talk of a developer as of yet, but you seem to be well informed. Maybe share the information?

J

It was obvious to anyone following this franchise that Capcom would be going back to the classic series.

And now Ninja Theory has been acquired by MS so even the outside chance seems long gone. =)