Share one of your Favorite Anime Songs

Honor_Hand

A 2nd Index S3 X SAO S3 post (more or less)

Toaru Majutsu no Index III/A Certain Magical Index III First OP Gravitation by Maon Kurosaki.

Sword Art Online: Alicization/Sword Art Online: Alicization Part 1 First OP ADAMAS by LiSA.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Two themes that have stood out for me recently:

I... didn't like Charlotte that much. On the other hand, this song and opening are great. Soothing and nice to listen to at the start of each episode.

Now, THIS is an ending theme. The first time you listen you will think it's just a nice song but it perfectly foreshadows what's to come on the rest of the anime. Dark vibes, powerful and relatable lyrics, thought-provoking. The masterpiece that crowns an already amazing show.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Honor_Hand said:

Now, THIS is an ending theme. The first time you listen you will think it's just a nice song but it perfectly foreshadows what's to come on the rest of the anime. Dark vibes, powerful and relatable lyrics, thought-provoking. The masterpiece that crowns an already amazing show.

I have a lot to say about this song, but if you saw my post on the first page you already know. It saddens me to think that there won't be a new Kalafina song for the upcoming Magia Record anime ;_;

2 hours ago, Ariadne said:

I have a lot to say about this song, but if you saw my post on the first page you already know. It saddens me to think that there won't be a new Kalafina song for the upcoming Magia Record anime ;_;

I just went back and saw your post back then. ? Now that I've seen the anime, I can totally say the song is amazing in every sense of the word. Didn't even know there was a new Puella Magi anime coming out in 2020 and yes, this group definitely fits the entire mood of the series perfectly. Not sure what or who they could use to have a similar effect on the upcoming series. 

3 hours ago, Honor_Hand said:

I just went back and saw your post back then. 1f605.png Now that I've seen the anime, I can totally say the song is amazing in every sense of the word. Didn't even know there was a new Puella Magi anime coming out in 2020 and yes, this group definitely fits the entire mood of the series perfectly. Not sure what or who they could use to have a similar effect on the upcoming series. 

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2019-09-08/magia-record-puella-magi-madoka-magica-side-story-anime-1st-promo-reveals-january-delay-more-cast-and-staff-song-artists/.150862

Oddly enough ClariS is responsible for the ending rather than the opening. TrySail (never heard of them prior to this) are doing the opening. One thing I should mention: The three members of TrySail also voice three of the most important characters in the anime; the article completely fails to mention this. I didn't like the idea of adding a new character exclusive to the anime, but all they had to say was "voiced by Hanazawa Kana" and I stopped complaining, lol.

TrySail are alright, but not really what I'd expect for Madoka. Then again I don't really know what to expect from Magia Record as a whole, so eh. Seems more lighthearted than the main franchise from what I know of it so maybe it makes sense after all.

No more Kalafina sucks super hard but at least ClariS are still here, albeit with a new vocalist compared to last time we had Madoka. I preferred Alice's voice to Karen's, but musically they've only gotten better since them in my opinion so I'm fine with that. Still surprises me that Kalafina didn't perform Magia or KnGnN at their final anniversary live considering how goddamn popular Madoka is and that the songs they performed were done by fan vote, but that performance of Hikarifuru was one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen live so I ain't gonna complain.

No idea about TrySail myself. I'm actually still in the process of learning all these names. Gotta admit I've troubles remembering names on everything. :P  As for how it will perform based on the actual anime, I rather wait and see how it pans out in the end.

14 hours ago, Ariadne said:

I didn't like the idea of adding a new character exclusive to the anime, but all they had to say was "voiced by Hanazawa Kana" and I stopped complaining, lol.

The event announced that Kana Hanazawa will join the voice cast as the new anime character Kuroe.

That's all the motivation @Ariadne needed. :awesome:xD

One thing to have in mind is that Magia Record is being pushed as a spin-off on the franchise. At least, that's what I'm getting from reading online. So, maybe they're trying to go for a different mood with the new anime? Only time will tell. That trailer in the article from the link Ariadne above posted gave me a pretty good perspective of what's to come.

5 hours ago, Seasonreaper said:

TrySail are alright, but not really what I'd expect for Madoka. Then again I don't really know what to expect from Magia Record as a whole, so eh. Seems more lighthearted than the main franchise from what I know of it so maybe it makes sense after all.

1 hour ago, Honor_Hand said:

One thing to have in mind is that Magia Record is being pushed as a spin-off on the franchise. At least, that's what I'm getting from reading online. So, maybe they're trying to go for a different mood with the new anime? Only time will tell. That trailer in the article from the link Ariadne above posted gave me a pretty good perspective of what's to come.

I've played six chapters of the game so far and it's very good for what it is (a spin-off). It's not as dark as the original, but certainly not all smiles and sunshine either. I don't want to spoil anything, though I will say the backstories of certain characters are really depressing.

It all depends on how they adapt it; one thing that worries me is the length. With the side story and the individual character stories, there is a lot of material to work with. Even if it's just the main story, 13 episodes likely won't be enough. As far as I know the length hasn't been addressed yet.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It's a parody of the Star Wars theme "The Imperial March" also known as Darth Vader's Theme that plays then The Bench shows up in some random location then the girl/Sun "confesses" to Joro(the MC of Ore wo Suki nano wa Omae dake ka yo/ORESUKI Are you the only one who loves me?) of love or the like. I love the times the Bench shows up(or Darth Vader Isekaied into a Bench as I like to think of it as).