Share one of your Favorite Anime Songs

Honor_Hand

• 3 weeks later...

"You're going to be all right. You just stumbled over a stone in the road. It means nothing. Your goal lies far beyond this, doesn't it? I'm sure you'll overcome this. You'll walk again... soon."

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

[First opening from Psycho Pass]

My first impression of this opening song was that it was odd; a guy on vocals hitting impossibly high notes, some puzzling English lyrics, and a bit of screaming in the background = not the most accessible music. A few episodes later, as it turns out, I started to like the song. I guess that’s just part of the Rin Toshite Shigure / Ling tosite Sigure experience—going from “what the hell am I listening to” to “this is actually pretty good”. Lately I’ve been going through their discography and enjoying it more than I ever thought I would. 

On 12/06/2021 at 3:02 AM, Cave Johnson said:

[First opening from Psycho Pass]

My first impression of this opening song was that it was odd; a guy on vocals hitting impossibly high notes, some puzzling English lyrics, and a bit of screaming in the background = not the most accessible music. A few episodes later, as it turns out, I started to like the song. I guess that’s just part of the Rin Toshite Shigure / Ling tosite Sigure experience—going from “what the hell am I listening to” to “this is actually pretty good”. Lately I’ve been going through their discography and enjoying it more than I ever thought I would. 

That do be how they work. I'm pretty sure the first experience I had with them was also from Psycho Pass, and then got the chance to see them live a couple years later. They've actually become one of my favourite bands, have all their albums and they've put out a pretty damn consistent string of great music. Really talented folks.

• Like 1

On 6/14/2021 at 8:09 AM, Seasonreaper said:

That do be how they work. I'm pretty sure the first experience I had with them was also from Psycho Pass, and then got the chance to see them live a couple years later. They've actually become one of my favourite bands, have all their albums and they've put out a pretty damn consistent string of great music. Really talented folks.

Forgot to mention this in my previous post, but this is a good example of why I generally don't skip openings or endings; I've found some of my favorite artists/bands this way. Anyway, I don't own any of their albums yet, though I certainly plan on getting them eventually. So far I've just been cheap and have been using youtube music, lol.