Share one of your Favorite Anime Songs

Honor_Hand

Didn't like Watamote that much, but the opening was something else - especially live:

The keyboard player in this live performance is ZAQ, she's also a singer of quite a few anime songs, for example the opening of Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai (another favourite anime song of mine).

Spoiler

She also wrote the lyrics for the ending and composed & arranged it. :D

It was performed by Black Raison d'être, a group consisting of the main four voice actresses of the anime. And it sounds great if you ask me. ?

• Like 4

I enjoyed Kanon's ending theme a fair lot while I was watching the anime recently. I got a pretty cool vibe from the song in general,

however...

I REALLY loved that soft and beautiful piano arrangement for Mai's theme. It really helped in bringing out a lot of emotion from the character during her arc in the story. Not only that but it played both roles of a sad and epic theme during the respective parts of her story. She probably wasn't my favorite girl out of the 5 but her theme definitely stuck on me and made all the others sound like nothing in comparison.

• Like 3

Hikaru no Go is one of my favorite anime about the game of Go. A complex board game with two sides white and black. The competition between the main lead and Touya Akira is one of the most interesting rivalry I have seen. I watched this anime back some years ago and remembered some of the intense moments of the different Go matches. This song is one of the best OST in the anime and plays at critical moments of matches. Been listening to it every now and very frequently when playing SO4 at the moment. 

Edited by fantrig99
  • Like 1

Really enjoyed the first opening for this anime. The song is cool all throughout and I like that classy Asian vibe in the background but the first 25 seconds of Fear dancing are by far the best part of it ^^

• Like 3

On 14/8/2018 at 5:20 PM, Undead Wolf said:

I've not even watched the anime, but how could I not know about these two songs? I love 'em! :lol:

We're two there. I also have all the seasons on my pending to watch list. And yes, the songs are...just...pure...AWESOMENESS!! :awesome:

Part of me would like to add the entire Angel Beats! OST to this thread but that'd be rather excessive of me to do ? Instead, I will be sharing the 2 pieces that left the biggest impact on me. Both the OP and ED songs were just great to listen. I particularly like the rather sad-but-powerful vibe of the ending. I think it fits the series just perfectly to be honest.

• Like 4

I've never seen Kara no Kyoukai, but I'm very familiar with this song and the album it comes from.

It's easily one of my favorite Kalafina songs. The acoustic strings version is amazing as well, but I prefer the original.

18 hours ago, Honor_Hand said:

Part of me would like to add the entire Angel Beats! OST to this thread but that'd be rather excessive of me to do 1f605.png Instead, I will be sharing the 2 pieces that left the biggest impact on me. Both the OP and ED songs were just great to listen. I particularly like the rather sad-but-powerful vibe of the ending. I think it fits the series just perfectly to be honest.

I was going to post the OP eventually, but it looks like you beat me to it, lol. I own the single and this is my lock screen, which is a cropped version of the cover:

22XM1bb.jpg

If it wasn't obvious, I really love Kanade (and the songs, of course).  If you haven't already, I highly recommend listening to the full versions of the OP and ED.

Edited by Cave_Johnson_
  • Like 2