PS Now questions

Mosik_YP

How do trophy lists work for PS Now? Would it show up on my profile as a PS3 game? I have a trial for 7 days and was interested in playing a few of the older God of War games as I've never played them, seeing as GoW Ascension has an online trophy (which needs an online pass) would I need an online pass, even though it take a few mins to earn it? If I purchased a retail/digital copy of the game after my trial finished, would I be able to transfer the game save to my PS3?

Sorry for the overload of questions I couldn't find other threads ?

1: The PS Now games are identical to the original releases on whichever platform they came from so e.g. a PS3 game will game will still show as a PS3 game on your profile, even though you're playing it on thr PS4.

2: All digital games with online modes, come with the online pass hardcoded into them.

3: See Milk's answer below.

Also note that it's very rare for Now games to come with any DLC, thus you will almost certainly have to buy the retail version of whatever game it is if you want to get the respective DLC trophies (that is if there are any).

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 2

Trophies for games on PS Now are the same as on the actual consonle. If it's a PS3 game then it shows as a PS3 game. For PS3 games, you have to manually open the trophy list to sync your trophies. For PS4 games, the trophies are synced automatically as you get them.

If you have PS Plus then you can upload your saves from PS Now to the cloud and download the save on to a PS3. Make sure to upload the saves before your trial ends. It doesn't let you copy the save to a USB.

Note: all PS Now games are the digital versions, just in case the game you want to play has different trophy list for digital and physical and you were planning to get the physical version.

Do they even still do online passes for games? It should be if you have PS Plus then you can play any games online. Anyway I've never noticed any game asking for a separate online pass, the online has always just worked.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Milktastrophe said:

Trophies for games on PS Now are the same as on the actual consonle. If it's a PS3 game then it shows as a PS3 game. For PS3 games, you have to manually open the trophy list to sync your trophies. For PS4 games, the trophies are synced automatically as you get them.

If you have PS Plus then you can upload your saves from PS Now to the cloud and download the save on to a PS3. Make sure to upload the saves before your trial ends. It doesn't let you copy the save to a USB.

Note: all PS Now games are the digital versions, just in case the game you want to play has different trophy list for digital and physical and you were planning to get the physical version.

Do they even still do online passes for games? It should be if you have PS Plus then you can play any games online. Anyway I've never noticed any game asking for a separate online pass, the online has always just worked.

Some games do still need the Online Pass but others had that feature removed so it isn't required anymore.

Thanks for all the replies.

11 minutes ago, Milktastrophe said:

Yeah, for God of War Ascension you need a "network pass". Sucks that you still need and it doesn't help that it costs £8. Glad this trend has stopped this generation.

1 minute ago, Mosik_YP said:

Thanks for all the replies.

Yeah, for God of War Ascension you need a "network pass". Sucks that you still need and it doesn't help that it costs £8. Glad this trend has stopped this generation.

Instead we need PS+ to play online :P (excluding f2p/mmos) not sure which is worse, probably paying monthly since passes came with new copies anyway. 

The PS Now is set up for you to play PS3 games. So if you are on your PS4 playing PS Now and earn a trophy it counts as if you earned that trophywhile playing the game on your PS3. Not to boast PS Now, but they have a ton of super easy platinum games and a bunch of really fun games.

• 2 weeks later...

im not too crazy about PS NOW, even on a 600mpbs connection, streaming can be hit or miss, however from my last few weeks of using it, the trophies you earn, even while on the trial, will show up on your ps4 trophy list. PS NOW made me give up and forget all about completion ratio. Too many games to test and try out unlocking that one trophy for pressing start or opening a door, you know the usual.  When you first load up the ps3 XMB, it will sync your messages and trophies from ps4. It will save your games to the cloud. Even if you cancel the trial and wait a few months to renew, your saves will still be available via their cloud. Trophies work the same as they do on PS4 while using PS NOW.

As for buying the physical copies and retaining your save, I am not 100% certain. I wanna say, no. but again. I don't know for sure as I do not have a ps3 anymore to test this for you.

Some caveats, and PS support is clear about this, but not everyone reads, so remember you CANNOT share play a game nor can you take screenshots/video unless you use an external capture card or medium.

Edited by kitty_sullivan

• 2 years later...

What about if I earn all offline trophies for Ratchet all 4 one and then I earn the two remaining online trophies through PS Now. Will it be earned in PS Now? Considering that I earned the rest trophies in my PS3. Ps Now will have this list in the server? Or will it understand that I only earned the two online trophies and not the rest of them? Hope I get understood.

5 minutes ago, Pottercito_ said:

What about if I earn all offline trophies for Ratchet all 4 one and then I earn the two remaining online trophies through PS Now. Will it be earned in PS Now? Considering that I earned the rest trophies in my PS3. Ps Now will have this list in the server? Or will it understand that I only earned the two online trophies and not the rest of them? Hope I get understood.

Shouldn't be a problem, in my own experience I started Catherine back in the day on PS3 and platted it recently off of PS Now, did not have to redo any trophies or anything like you would be concerned about, you won't have the save file from your PS3 though on PS Now unless you can upload it to the cloud somehow that I'm unaware of

• Like 1

8 hours ago, TheDXJC56 said:

Shouldn't be a problem, in my own experience I started Catherine back in the day on PS3 and platted it recently off of PS Now, did not have to redo any trophies or anything like you would be concerned about, you won't have the save file from your PS3 though on PS Now unless you can upload it to the cloud somehow that I'm unaware of

Thank you that was my awareness. Maybe getting the two online trophies and then PUM not platinum xDDD. So PS Now will understand that I have earned all the trophies, therefore the plat

• 1 month later...

Had a question about PS Now multiplayer, figured post it here instead of making a new topic

Recently let my Plus lapse and decided to give PS Now a shot, since any multiplayer PS4 games you get on there can be played without Plus, or at least that's what it says on the website. What's happening however is that when I boot up the game (usually Vermintide 2 or Street Fighter V) it'll take me to a screen to pay for PS Plus instead of letting me go online. Resetting the console sometimes works to let me go online since I usually leave it in rest mode, sometimes it works to launch the game from the PS Now app rather than the Playstation home screen, but I can't figure out what exactly is the problem.

1 hour ago, PhantomWarcry said:

Had a question about PS Now multiplayer, figured post it here instead of making a new topic

Recently let my Plus lapse and decided to give PS Now a shot, since any multiplayer PS4 games you get on there can be played without Plus, or at least that's what it says on the website. What's happening however is that when I boot up the game (usually Vermintide 2 or Street Fighter V) it'll take me to a screen to pay for PS Plus instead of letting me go online. Resetting the console sometimes works to let me go online since I usually leave it in rest mode, sometimes it works to launch the game from the PS Now app rather than the Playstation home screen, but I can't figure out what exactly is the problem.

It sounds like you've found the exceptions to that rule, thus you will have to get a valid PS Plus subscription if want to play them online.

EDIT: In that case I haven't got a clue, sorry :(.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.