Logs trophy

pawet85

Hi!

I played this game from zero three times, collecting all the logs (following the Steam guide) and the trophy does not pop, no matter what... I tell you what I did in different playthroughs so everybody can see what I did different and try to see if any of the players that has obtained it could give us some advice on what they did.

First playthrough: it was pre-patch. I collected all the logs except the buggy one in Deck 2. Once the game was patched, I collected the log but the trophy didn't pop.

Second playthrough: post-patch. I collected all the logs following the Steam guide, and also the two logs with no text that do not appear in the video.

Third playthrough: post-patch. I collected all the logs following the Steam guide, but did not collected the two logs with no text that do not appear in the video.

In all the playthroughs I saved during the game in different save-slots... The only thing I could think is to do a new playthrough saving always the game in the same slot... But after three playthroughs I'm not sure on doing a fourth one not being sure that I would plat it... 

Also, I played it on disc.

Edited by pawet85
Improve info
  • Like 2

Hi,

Finally, at my 4th try, I obtained the log's trophy and the Platinum!

I tell you what I did so it could (maybe) help others... I'm not sure which of these things helped me to obtain the trophy, neither if any of them helped or I finally obtained it by luck... Anyway, in case it could help to anybody, here you have what I did to finally obtain the trophy.

- I put my PS4 language in English (all the previous obtainers where from English countries, so just in case...)

- I erased all the saved data and the game data

- I reinstalled the game and the patch from zero

- I played pretty straight: I always went direct from one objective to the next one without exploring or collecting anything which was not on my way (except the logs)

- I collected all the logs following the exact same order that appears in the Youtube guide (www.youtube.com/watch?v=VseMyDiOE7w)

- Once I collected all the files from the video, I collected the "extra empty logs" of the PS4 version in Deck 1 and then in Deck 8.

- I do not obtained the password for Deck 2 Prospection Room checking the computer in Deck 4 Security Office, but just from the log #32.

- I always saved in the same slot.

- I never used the "Continue" option in the main menu (neither continued from the "auto-continue" in game when you're killed) but alway used the "Load" option in the menu.

- I never went to PS Menu and then continued the game.

- I never suspended the system.

Regards!

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

Hey,

I recently brought this game and knew how glitchy it was before starting it. I used your points listed above while going for the logs and I managed to get the trophy just fine :) Thanks a lot for the information you posted. I thought I'll post some info on how my playthrough went too...

So I planned to play the game in 1 sitting, using 1 save slot and didn't once exit out to the PS4 Menu or viewed any trophies etc. I started the game late the night before, played for about an hour then left it on Pause while I slept and continued it today. I died multiple times at different points in the game and whenever it happened, whatever I just let the game load me back where my last save was, I didn't exit out or anything to manually load it at the Main Menu. I saved it loads like whenever I passed a save point, even if it was only like a minute since my last save but I always kept the same slot. I also explored a lot (with it being my first playthrough) so didn't exactly always stick to doing the main objectives straight away. 

I was forced however to quit the game at one point to the Main Menu and when I did, I chose to load the game and not the continue option that's listed first at the menu. The reason I was forced to quit was due to falling through the floor at one point and falling forever out of the map. If anyone is wondering about this, it happened in Deck 7 in the small area at the top of the map where you encounter a cloaked enemy. There is a corridor there which leads to a dead end (you can see this before even reaching the end) so I thought I'll go to the end and wait there with my back against the wall and easily kill this enemy. Then I sank through the ground because the floor isn't solid there so yeah, be careful.

I followed the extremely helpful video and once I had collected them all, I got the two blank logs which seem exclusive to the PS4 version and the trophy unlocked after picking up the blank one on Deck 8. I actually saw this one earlier but left it on purpose as I wanted to follow the video completely first in order. So yep, that's how my playthrough went. Not sure how closer we are to finding out what exactly causes the trophy to glitch but hope it helps. Possibly could be using multiple save slots? Anyway, thanks again. 

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...

i've collected all of the 57 logs (55 standard + the 2 bonus on ps4 [the one on Deck 1 - room 7 and the one on Deck 8 - bridge]) but the trophy didn't unlock. I've used multiple save slots to avoid possible game breaking glitches or annoying bugs, but nothing, the trophy didn't unlock. I've tried to restart the game (as the guy that recorded the videoguide said in the comments) but the trophy, once again, didn't unlock. I've tried to pick-up again the last log (the bonus one on deck 8), but once more, the trophy didn't unlock. Baaaaah.

PS: i even obtained all passwords only by the logs, but nothing, trophy didn't unlock. 

EDIT (24h later): replayed today from the first save, and picked up the last 4 logs (the last 2 on deck 1, has showed in the video) plus the 2 bonus ones, in the same order. Again, trophy didn't unlock. I even visited every floor, to see if any logs was respawned, but nothing. The ship was completely empty. 

Edited by APCGrayLocked
  • Like 1

Sorry to hear that. If that had happened to me, my next step would be to completely delete the game and all save data and then re-install it again (download updates) and start a completely New Game. Try sticking with just the one save slot (which sucks I know) and leaving your PS4 on the whole time playing the game, just pause or whatever when you need a break but don't completely close the application. If that still doesn't work, then I've no idea what it could be causing the trophy to not unlock.

I believe it could have something to do with using one save slot or keeping the game open the whole time though perhaps I'm wrong and I just got lucky it didn't glitch. Saving the game constantly shouldn't affect it as I saved like crazy whenever I saw a save point.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 2018-06-04 at 8:18 PM, pawet85 said:

Hi!

I played this game from zero three times, collecting all the logs (following the Steam guide) and the trophy does not pop, no matter what... I tell you what I did in different playthroughs so everybody can see what I did different and try to see if any of the players that has obtained it could give us some advice on what they did.

First playthrough: it was pre-patch. I collected all the logs except the buggy one in Deck 2. Once the game was patched, I collected the log but the trophy didn't pop.

Second playthrough: post-patch. I collected all the logs following the Steam guide, and also the two logs with no text that do not appear in the video.

Third playthrough: post-patch. I collected all the logs following the Steam guide, but did not collected the two logs with no text that do not appear in the video.

In all the playthroughs I saved during the game in different save-slots... The only thing I could think is to do a new playthrough saving always the game in the same slot... But after three playthroughs I'm not sure on doing a fourth one not being sure that I would plat it... 

Also, I played it on disc.

I only found one of the logs with no text on the bridge on deck 8.

Can you please tell me where the other no text log is?

I got all the logs in that youtube video and i did not get the trophy.

EDIT.

Nevermind i found out about it being on deck 1 room 7 and now i got the platinum. :)

Edited by CyberLance