Saudi Arabia 1-2 Egypt

Spain 2-0 Morocco

Iran 2-1 Portugal

Edited by marc_cp

22 June

23 June

24 June

25 June

By the way, so far, if you look, there are a lot of results that I did wrong for just one goal (Example: It ended 2-0, and I said 1-0), lol

12 minutes ago, ahmedelebiary said:

am i the only one that thinks it is a boring world cup so far ?  last WC was full of goals and was more intense, i am so tired of seeing many matches ending with 1/0 even when strong big teams are playing against fairly poor sides .. i hope it gets better and we see more goals in the upcoming games 

I disagree, I think this is one of the best starts to a World Cup I've ever seen. Weaker teams really shining, and just now I felt awful for Peru with the amount of passion and energy they played with. What separates the nations so far has been the finishing abilities, and of course France are ripe with talent in that regard.

The sheer unpredictability of quite a few groups keeps it so exciting with teams fighting right to the end on Match Day 3.

Personally, I prefer end-to-end games even if it ends in a 0-0. I find one sided games usually quite boring.

Edited by Zolkovo
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Zolkovo said:

I disagree, I think this is one of the best starts to a World Cup I've ever seen. Weaker teams really shining, and just now I felt awful for Peru with the amount of passion and energy they played with. What separates the nations so far has been the finishing abilities, and of course France are ripe with talent in that regard.

The sheer unpredictability of quite a few groups keeps it so exciting with teams fighting right to the end on Match Day 3.

Personally, I prefer end-to-end games even if it ends in a 0-0. I find one sided games usually quite boring.

Yeah but when you see big teams not performing so convincing so far , winning barely and looking so dull, it just kills the fun and intense of the game. i know no weak teams make it to the world cup but when you see Spain playing Iran or Uruguay playing Saudi Arabia or even France playing Peru you would at least expect 3-0 at any given day .. those teams should prove themselves in the group stages and after that performance in knockouts doesnt matter as long as you get the win and get through, but then again just my opinion 

15 minutes ago, ahmedelebiary said:

Yeah but when you see big teams not performing so convincing so far , winning barely and looking so dull, it just kills the fun and intense of the game. i know no weak teams make it to the world cup but when you see Spain playing Iran or Uruguay playing Saudi Arabia or even France playing Peru you would at least expect 3-0 at any given day .. those teams should prove themselves in the group stages and after that performance in knockouts doesnt matter as long as you get the win and get through, but then again just my opinion 

That's exactly why I love it!

For instance there's huge pressure on Argentina, Brazil & Germany in their next games, because if they drop any more points there's a good chance they'll be packing their bags. I would love to see countries like Iceland progressing in the tournament and a completely new nation lifting the cup for the first time would be great for the history books :P After all every year that ended in a 8 had a new nation lift the World Cup, with the exception of 1938 iirc. And the last couple of times it has been the host nation. Everyone wrote off teams like Russia at the start and they were the first ones through. I actually think it's great to have the host nation go as far as possible as it keeps the atmosphere live and electric over there.

For me it's not about seeing the big teams perform who we already know have the talent and the potential. Even if they look lacklustre in these group stages, the other team tend to put on a good display so it doesn't take away from the intensity of the game for me. I prefer to see underdogs persevere through sheer drive because that's the beauty of world football. So far even in the low scoring games, it's been interesting watching how the weaker teams handle the big names. As a (shit) player it's always great to see that on the big stage.

But as always, once we get to the knock out stages things will kick up a notch and you won't see as much complacency/defensive mindset on the field.

Edited by Zolkovo
  • Like 2

Just now, Ates_97 said:

are the others supposed to update their own scores or is someone designated to do it?1f602.png

Smzthy was updating them earlier but it's quite tedious for one person to do. Those interested tend to just update their own scores :P

22 June

23 June

24 June

25 June

There are no favorites in this World Cup. Some teams performed great but sadly results did not favor them.

Edited by Deceptrox

39 minutes ago, Ates_97 said:

are the others supposed to update their own scores or is someone designated to do it?1f602.png

I'll update them after this match. It is way too tedious to update them every day, so I'll do it at the end of every round.

22 June

Brazil 3-0 Costa Rica

Nigeria 0-2 Iceland

Serbia 2-1 Switzerland

23 June

Belgium 1-0 Tunisia

South Korea 1-2 Mexico

Germany 2-0 Sweden

24 June

England 2-0 Panama

Japan 1-0 Senegal

Poland 1-1 Colombia

25 June

Uruguay 2-1 Russia

Saudi Arabia 1-2 Egypt

Spain 2-0 Morocco

Iran 0-2 Portugal

43 minutes ago, Smzthy said:

I'll update them after this match. It is way too tedious to update them every day, so I'll do it at the end of every round.

Fair enough mate, was just wondering dw! Feel like you deserve an extra point just for doing it?

22 June

23 June

24 June

25 June

22 June

23 June

24 June

25 June

So glad I was wrong with my prediction about this match, Argentina deserved to lose. This was one of the most dominating performances ever, Croatia is well deserving of this win and going through. Can't wait to see their next match & I hope Iceland wins tomorrow and sends Argentina home. Messi is amazing, but this is not a team, Croatia is a real team.

Edited by SNACH2497
  • Like 2

22 June

23 June

24 June

25 June