World Cup 2018 Prediction Thread

Connie

On 6/22/2018 at 8:33 PM, Smzthy said:

Just a reminder for @d4b0n3z84, @Precision-Playyy,@gameoncomrade, @ShogunCroCop and @turpinator1986. If you'd like to get some predictions in for this round, these are the remaining fixtures.

I didn't bother to tag anyone who failed to make any predictions for the previous round.

23 June

Belgium  vs.  Tunisia (1pm, BBC)

South Korea  vs.  Mexico (4pm, ITV)

Germany  vs.  Sweden (7pm, ITV)

24 June

England  vs.  Panama (1pm, BBC)

Japan  vs.  Senegal (4pm, BBC)

Poland  vs.  Colombia (7pm, ITV)

25 June

Uruguay  vs.  Russia (3pm, ITV)

Saudi Arabia  vs.  Egypt (3pm, ITV4)

Spain  vs.  Morocco (7pm, BBC)

Iran  vs.  Portugal (7pm, BBC)

Count me out. I was away for the weekend so I couldn't mkae Predictions. I know I am near the bottom anyway.

4th Round of predictions:

26 June

Edited by Zolkovo

26 June

2 Denmark vs. France 2 
1 Australia vs. Peru 2 
2 Iceland vs. Croatia 2
4 Argentina vs. Nigeria 1 

27 June

1 South Korea vs. Germany 1
2 Mexico vs. Sweden 2
3 Serbia vs. Brazil 4 
4 Switzerland vs. Costa Rica 0

28 June

2 Senegal vs. Colombia 3
2 Japan vs. Poland 1
2 England vs. Belgium 1 
1 Panama vs. Tunisia 5

2 hours ago, bpmotard said:

Sir, I have to say, that is an extremely bold move.. But I hope you are correct ahah :D

Same... That was a crazy turn of events for me x.x

Currently Argentina lacks a playing style. No doubt Argentinian players are top players on their own but as a team they are not even decent. It is said Messi rules over his coach, and that the players decided the starting team for next game. It is also said that Messi brought to his national team only his friends which doesn't speak well for him nor his coach who looks just as a puppet. I think the issue with Argentina is that most of his current WC squad shouldn't be playing for its national team anymore, Messi included. Likewise, the last qualifying match, against Ecuador, is very suspicious to say the least, most if not all the starting men from Ecuador had never played together before. 

Nigeria may not be great, but at least they play or try to play football, they were able to beat Iceland, a task Argentina wasn't able to. Nigeria wants to qualify and now they have their best chance from all the World Cup matches where they faced before, they'll most likely take advantage of Argentina's misfortune.

My country was eliminated, but they performed really well playing good football, they just didn't score. They dominated their first match, and made their second match rival have a bad time at times, but goals are what makes you win a match. Argentina, on the other hand, juega a nada (lacks a playing style). They might win tomorrow, but I think their chances are very slim. If they do qualify for next round, they may have a much worse defeat than the one against Croatia.

Edited by Deceptrox
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, Deceptrox said:

Snip.

Really good post, you're right about your country, they played really well, passionate football.

My picks

26 June

Denmark 1-2 France
    Australia 1-1 Peru
    Iceland 1-0 Croatia
    Argentina 2-1 Nigeria

27 June

South Korea 0-2 Germany
    Mexico 1-0 Sweden
    Serbia 0-1Brazil
    Switzerland 1-0 Costa Rica

28 June

Senegal 1-2 Colombia
    Japan 2-0 Poland
    England 1-2 Belgium
    Panama 1-0 Tunisia

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, ahmedelebiary said:

he always does that shot with the outside of his foot :D world class player 

He scored many goals like that on FCPorto and Besiktas :)  not fast player but with a high ability skill
Morocco 2-1 spain ?

Edited by Nimera
  • Like 1

What a fucking VAR shit-show again in the Iran vs Portugal show. So many refs this tournament have been utter shit, and the VAR is unbelievably inconsistent. Overall, I genuinely think the World Cup is better off without it. So much time gets wasted too, disrupts momentum and the flow of football. Does the premier league have a completely different rule-book or something? No wonder there aren't any premier league refs in the World Cup. I really don't understand some of these decisions.

Anyway I predicted the Spain draw, but I thought Iran was going to win their game (and they almost did).

Edited by Zolkovo
  • Like 4

26 June

27 June

28 June

Holy glorious shit...

6 matches in a row absolutely screwed up :/

26 June

35 minutes ago, Zolkovo said:

What a fucking VAR shit-show again in the Iran vs Portugal show. So many refs this tournament have been utter shit, and the VAR is unbelievably inconsistent. Overall, I genuinely think the World Cup is better off without it. So much time gets wasted too, disrupts momentum and the flow of football. Does the premier league have a completely different rule-book or something? No wonder there aren't any premier league refs in the World Cup. I really don't understand some of these decisions.

Anyway I predicted the Spain draw, but I thought Iran was going to win their game (and they almost did).

It's supposed to give referee's a second look but it simultaneously undermine's them, the VAR panel are basically saying "look again, you missed something". The ref in this game felt the need to change every decision he originally made, even if it was correct to start with.

I can't believe they're using it at the World Cup with so many teething problems still apparent.