World Cup 2018 Prediction Thread

Connie

14 minutes ago, Zolkovo said:

Sorry for the late reply, I've been out celebrating our first World Cup semi in 28 years! Funnily enough it's not the only semi as a result of today's afternoon fixture ;) I think someone else has already clarified this but yes it is 2 points :) Extra-time is calculated as normal time, you get one point for basically guessing a draw and another point for guessing the correct team who won on penalties. You're doing pretty well, maybe you'll snatch victory from @sephiroth4424 xD

I missed the Russia vs Croatia game unfortunately but was quite surprised at the results summary. Was it a good game?

@ZireaelSan I actually really like Belgium. I lived in Merksem for a while and just had such a lovely time there. Belgians there were some of the friendliest people I've ever met. So if England don't win, then I'd really like to see Belgium lift the cup. It will also keep in tradition with a new nation lifting the World Cup in every year that ends in an 8 (with the exception of 1938) as @Deceptrox pointed out some while back :P

Yeah man it was a great one , and i don`t think i will even finish top 3 haha let`s see what the remaining games will tell, but gonna be exciting until the end for sure. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zolkovo said:

@ZireaelSan I actually really like Belgium. I lived in Merksem for a while and just had such a lovely time there. Belgians there were some of the friendliest people I've ever met. So if England don't win, then I'd really like to see Belgium lift the cup. It will also keep in tradition with a new nation lifting the World Cup in every year that ends in an 8 (with the exception of 1938) as @Deceptrox pointed out some while back :P

It would be really cool to see a new nation become World champion for the first time (unfortunately it won't be mine). Despite the fact that one of my grand (grand) fathers was French, or that I have relatives from Belgium there (we most likely share an ancestor), or that my best psn friend is from England; I hope the best national team wins.

Edited by Deceptrox

what a match between Russia and Croatia

best match so far in my opinion

Tuesday, July 10

France 2-3 Belgium 

Wednesday, July 11 

England 1-1 Croatia 

Edited by Kaiwan
added score prediction
  • Like 1

On 6/7/2018 at 0:16 PM, Zolkovo said:

@sephiroth4424 Your scores are very consistent, seems like you're finishing as strong as you started. (Jinx)

I told you not to fuck with me at the beginning but you had to ruin everything in the end.This was my worst round so far.I supported England against Belgium and lost.I bet against England in the games with Colombia and Sweden and it didn't work out.So now i'll predict a win against Croatia just to fuck with you.Screw winning, you are going down with me :devil:. England is heading home empty-handed.As i'm writing the rest of my post, i will gradually lower the font size as if i'm growing dinstant to show how overwhelmed you are by this

Edited by sephiroth4424
  • Like 1

On 04/07/2018 at 0:20 AM, Raitandrul said:

Friday 6 July

Uruguay 1 - 3 France

Brazil 1 - 2 Belgium

Saturday 7 July

England 2 -  1 Sweden

Russia 2 - 2 Croatia (p)

That last preditcion is spot on though :P 

I don't know how many points I earned from it and had to search for the rules again, they're in this post: 

Edited by Raitandrul

5 hours ago, sephiroth4424 said:

As i'm writing the rest of my post, i will gradually lower the font size as if i'm growing dinstant to show how overwhelmed you are by this

This is the best thing I will read today ahah (Also, tied in the semi-finals? interesting ;) )

Also, here's my next predictions :)

Tuesday, July 10

France 1-2 Belgium 

Wednesday, July 11 

England 2-1 Croatia