World Cup 2018 Prediction Thread

Connie

There is nothing more frustrating than watching England at a major tournament. If this was a friendly then we'd be 3-1 up by now. Decent first half, but we need to be more clinical in front of goal.

Edited by Smzthy
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, Smzthy said:

There is nothing more frustrating than watching England at a major tournament. If this was a friendly then we'd be 3-1 up by now. Decent first half, but we need to be more clinical in front of goal.

Well they scored at the end and won ahah. A lot of goals right at the end of matches in this world cup :)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ates_97 said:

that's brave, not sure this Belgium squad clicks as a team enough to get that far

You may be right. I don't really follow the team, I just know they have a lot of talent.

Also, only 10 teams have made 13 or more World Cup appearances. 8 of those 10 have won. Only Belgium and Mexico have not. Seems like it is about time!

• Like 1

7 points today, not bad (beats my whole point total for all the games before!) Thank Christ for Kane. Such a frustrating game, on another day we would have been 4-0 up at half-time. Feel like Rashford and RLC should start but that might damage Sterling's confidence bcos we still really need him.

3 minutes ago, Ates_97 said:

7 points today, not bad (beats my whole point total for all the games before!) Thank Christ for Kane. Such a frustrating game, on another day we would have been 4-0 up at half-time. Feel like Rashford and RLC should start but that might damage Sterling's confidence bcos we still really need him.

I can't find your name on the excel sheet.. Did you not predict the first games?

edit: nevermind, found you :P Also, great predictions!!

Edited by bpmotard

1 hour ago, Smzthy said:

I am pleasantly surprised that my 1-1 prediction was wrong. But honestly, besides Kane, we seemingly have no one that can shoot a ball. 

Did Tunisia think that they were in a rugby match? That challenge on Kane in the first half was pathetic. So much for having VAR throughout this tournament.

One man squad against Tunisia. England had so many chances against Tunisia but they some how couldn’t score except for Harry Kane what a striker. I think in the future he should play for a bigger team cause he does have the potential.

@bpmotard is the new leader after today's matches.

Just a reminder for @SNACH2497, @bmg_ps, @mittoucp, @Aexuz, @ShogunCroCop, @phantomfear9494, @turpinator1986, @KenjiCBZ and @ACTWD. You might want to get your predictions in for the upcoming games. The remaining fixtures are;

19 June

20 June

21 June

Also @gameoncomrade and @DynaVita, you're missing predictions for these fixtures...

19 June

20 June

21 June

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1LTxzNGHm6cgB0_06l55dsKeVtPytqG7w3jxN_Yq5aL8

Edited by Smzthy
  • Like 3

19 June

Colombia 1 vs. 1 Japan (1pm, BBC)
    Poland 2 vs. 0 Senegal (4pm, ITV)
    Russia 3 vs. 1 Egypt (7pm, BBC)

20 June

Portugal 2 vs. 0 Morocco (1pm, BBC)
    Uruguay 1 vs. 0 Saudi Arabia (4pm, BBC)
    Iran 0 vs. 4 Spain (7pm, ITV)

21 June

Denmark 2 vs. 1 Australia (1pm, ITV)