Destiny 2 new DLC: Forsaken

Emillius-Maximus

Just dropping this here. Could contain new trophies or could not. I didn't find any information about it yet. ?

Looks kinda promising but I'm hesitant about it because.. you know.. Bungie screws things up regularly imo. 

How about you guys? Are you excited about or not? Or maybe indifferent? 

12 minutes ago, SlimSanta94 said:

I was extremely disappointed with Destiny 2 when I first played it, it felt like they took everything that made the first game great and took two steps backward in every way

To be fair, of course it was going to feel like two steps back when compared to a game that had like 6 expansions worth of content added to it. Comparing it to vanilla Destiny, it's an objectively better game in almost every way. If you are holding back on it because of you're initial impressions, it might be worth giving it a shot now, or at least after this releases. CoO and Warmind definitely improved it a ton.

On topic though, I'm SUPER excited for this. The first two dlc's have done great at making the game better and if this is even half as good as Taken King, I'll be ecstatic. Watching the live stream I just got more and more excited with every announcement. Random weapon perks? Hell yeah. Changes to what guns you can carry? Yes please. A new skill tree and a second alternate super for every kit? *drools*. And all that's before my excitement for the actual content even kicks in lol.

As someone who was disgusted by d2 2 months after release I had a 8 month break, and came back 2 weeks ago, this seems like a damn good step in the right direction. And it seems like bungie are FINALLY starting to listen.

I still don't trust Bungie but Warmind got me interested, Forsaken got me hyped.

• Like 1

I'm not excited. Aside from the raid, Destiny 2 was as forgettable as Destiny 1. Not to mention, they've already planned a season pass for this expansion, so it's $40 for the Forsaken expansion plus another $35 for the 3 dlcs that follow. Changing weapons and adding more flashy abilities is not going to get me interested in this game anymore. There's an endless list of things that this game needs to improve, yet all they focus on are these trivial things and people get excited for it.

11 hours ago, KingGuy420 said:

To be fair, of course it was going to feel like two steps back when compared to a game that had like 6 expansions worth of content added to it. Comparing it to vanilla Destiny, it's an objectively better game in almost every way. If you are holding back on it because of you're initial impressions, it might be worth giving it a shot now, or at least after this releases. CoO and Warmind definitely improved it a ton.

The thing is, when Destiny 1 launched in the unfinished state it was in you could at least give it the benefit of the doubt because there was no clear standard yet in terms of what this franchise had to live up to. Yes there was barely anything to do at launch, but there were some redeeming factors which kept the endgame entertaining for some people for example The Vault Of Glass, which in my opinion is still the best raid they've made and the satisfaction of getting exotic weapons, which at the time were very difficult to get, so even though you could experience most parts of the game quickly you still had a reason to keep playing at the end of it, even though between the releases of each DLC even this got boring eventually. 

The whole point of a sequel is to improve on the foundations that were laid in the first game to create something better, DLC or not.. Destiny 2 didn't accomplish that, instead Bungie just decided to make the same mistakes that they made for the original all over again, remove everything that kept us coming back to play during the endgame and lock all of the content that could've been used for more content behind the eververse. That doesn't sound better to me :/ 

I could literally write all day about the problems the game has, but I won't. I might try Warmind soon to see the changes they've made with this recent "go fast" update, i've played CoO, I tried my best to keep an open mind for it and that was easily the worst Destiny DLC yet, i've never felt so bored playing Destiny before while playing through the story for that. This is coming from someone that used to spend two days straight every week farming Spinmetal in the patrol areas just to upgrade gear (because that's what you had to do in vanilla destiny, and that was still more fun then Destiny 2) and solo Crota's end 10 times a week to try and get a Gjallarhorn.

Edited by SlimSanta94
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, SlimSanta94 said:

I've played CoO, I tried my best to keep an open mind for it and that was easily the worst Destiny DLC yet, i've never felt so bored playing Destiny before while playing through the story for that.

I'd like to dispute a lot of your post but I'm way to lazy lol. But this one I will. The story was boring as hell, for sure, but if you're buying Destiny DLC's for the story then I don't know what to say. It accounts for such a small part of my playtime that it's not even a factor for me. All the dlc stories are just "the thing that stands in my way of the endgame" lol.

As for the content, the strikes are my favorite in the game, still. The Infinite forest makes stuff a lot less repetitive. The Heroic adventures were a great addition. The "verse weapons" were a great new chase and some of the best guns in the game so it was actually worth the chase. Heroic strikes finally came with CoO which was always my favorite thing in D1 so that was a nice addition and they finally added modifiers to them in Warmind so I finally got what I wanted lol. All in all, it was a great addition to the endgame, and that's not even counting the new raid and the amazing new exotics. Hell, Warmind added even more to the endgame than CoO did. There's TONS to do now IMO.

Edit : I guess I'll address this one too.

"lock all of the content that could've been used for more content behind the eververse."

Cosmetics have never really been "content worthy gear" IMO and they already have too much of that with Iron Banner anyways. But the Eververse stuff IS ingrained in the endgame. Every time you max out your XP bar you get rewarded with Eververse stuff instead of a stupid mote of light lol. There's nothing "locked" as you say. And yes, people have earned every bit of it by hand so it is 100% possible. I have TONS of nice stuff from it and never spent a cent.

Edited by KingGuy420
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
4 minutes ago, gamesfourever said:

Do you get this if you have the expansion pass? I'm not sure how expansion passes work in general. Sorry for noobie question.

Nope. It's another "yearly" expansion. In fact it has its own season pass that costs like 30 bucks if you want to experience all the content.

Hi everyone, just a heads up that "Lest Ye Be Judged" (the trophy for winning a game of trial of the nine) for Destiny 2 might/will be unobtainable for a couple of months once Forsaken launch on September 4 2018. Your last chance to get it before then is on the weekend of August 24.

Edited by vincdel123
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...