E3 2018 - Which games are you anticipating most?

Zolkovo

Wasn't anticipating anything really.

Just finished watching EA's conference, which was an absolute shitshow.

• Battlefield V - EA didn't bother to actually present the game, just mumbled something about Battle Royale mode and that was it (also no lootboxes, because that's a selling point nowadays it seems...)
  • FIFA/Madden/NBA - same old same old, at least they didn't dig up some random sportsperson this time around. Instead they dragged some random esports dude on stage.
  • Unravel 2 - Was the best presentation-wise.
  • Battlefront 2 - new characters announced, that no one gave a single fuck about.
  • New Star Wars game "announced" or whatever the fuck that was. They might as well give Disney the licence back right now, because they couldn't have made worse publicity than they did there.
  • Sea of Solitude - Incredibly awkward and nervous announcer, with an actually interesting game.
  • C&C for mobile - It's a thing apparently, also more esports people.
  • Anthem - pointless interview of team that works on the game, combined with some half-arsed gameplay footage.

The only game I am curious about from that messy presentation is Sea of Solitude. While Anthem also looks good, it was so heavily edited gameplay footage that I'm more annoyed than excited by it. Unravel 2 looks good, but I'm not into the co-op concept for that game. The rest was absolute wank

Edited by voodoo_eyes
  • Like 2

I know Gearbox said otherwise, but I really really reallllllyyyyy want Borderlands 3 to be revealed. The only thing that could possibly top my hype for BL3 would be some crazy surprise announcement of Uncharted 5,

Also I want some more news on Starfield. Bethesda's upcoming Sci-Fi RPG. Ever since what happened to Mass Effect: Andromeda (the studio closing, not the game itself..I loved MEA), I need another futuristic, space based RPG in my life. I'm not the biggest fan of Fallout, and Fantasy RPG's are everywhere...it's time for Sci-Fi to get some more love. However some kind of reveal of Elder Scrolls VI wouldn't be the worst thing in the world.

Edited by TheViper4Life

From the EA conference:

I'm going to be keeping an eye on Jedi Fallen Order. Titanfall was absolutely fantastic, and I'm willing to bet Respawn isn't suddenly going to start making bad games. Though it'll be a hell of a long wait.

Battlefield V and Anthem look interesting, and given EA's recent stance on loot boxes, it seems like they might actually be worth buying. Though I'll wait for reviews for both. Who knows, maybe they'll fuck up the release like they did Battlefront 2.

Other than that there isn't a whole lot I'm hoping for from Sony. Most of the exclusives that were set to come out that I was excited for are already out. If we could get Dreams info sometime soon, that'd be awesome. The Last of Us Pt. 2 would be interesting as well, though I'll probably let that game go on sale before I get it.

18 hours ago, voodoo_eyes said:

Battlefront 2 - new characters announced, that no one gave a single fuck about.

Except for, y'know, everyone who plays Battlefront 2 and would thus benefit from a huge content update. Four characters that the community had been demanding for months, a new gamemode, and an oft requested map.

Edited by regularegg

On 05/06/2018 at 11:56 PM, itachi-destroyer said:

Cyberpunk 2077

This is finally time to see some footage of this game and after delivering one of my favourite game of all time it's time to see what CD Projekt next game looks/plays like.

Final Fantasy VII Remake

I'm a huge FF fan and FF VII is one of my favourite so I'd like to see some gameplay and a possible release date for this game.

Possible surprises by Square Enix

What I enjoy the most at E3 is being surprised and Square Enix have all the tools to make that happen. If I could see one of the following announcement I'd be more than happy : Nier (Remake or Remaster of Nier Gestalt / Replicant), Final Fantasy XVI, FF 8 HD, FF X-3, Crisis Core FF VII HD, Drakengard remake, and hopefully Final Fantasy Type-1 !

Ghost Of Tsushima

Infamous is one of my favourite franchise and after a lot of good games from Sucker Punch I can definitely say that I'm confident with the quality of their next game. Being able to play as a samurai/ninja in a huge and realistic open world focused on single player is probably one of the most exciting concept possible so I'm just waiting to see some gameplay but I'm already sold.

Death Stranding

Not going to be original but it's time for some gameplay.

Transference (PS VR)

The concept of this game seems really fun and it could be a blast to play it in VR.

The Last Of Us Part 2

I could stay without seing a single footage of this game until it releases that I would still buy it day one. Not saying no to some hints about the story though !

Days Gone 

This game looks like the type of game I would enjoy with some stealth mecanics, a good story and a good looking world so I'm just waiting for a release date.

Possible surprises by Playstation 

Playstation surely knows how to make some memorable conferences so I'm already waiting to see some well hidden surprises unveiled at their show. I would like to see Ninja Gaiden 4 / a Ninja Gaiden reboot (not a slow paced game like Nioh though), some good PS VR exclusives, a new game by Japan Studio and a remake of an old Playstation classic that I never had the chance to play.

A port for The Witcher 1 & 2

I know CD Projekt said that they didn't want to remake them but if it's just a port with a trophy list it shouldn't be too hard to do right ? :D 

Basically everything this bloke said but also the PS Vita western releases of Persona 3 & 5 Dancing by Atlus too lol

On 6/9/2018 at 2:56 AM, Valyrious said:

Devil May Cry V
Death Stranding
Yakuza Kiwami 2
Cyberpunk 2077
"Shadows Die Twice" aka Kuon remake
The Last of Us II

Ghost of Tsushima

Thoughts so far:

Devil May Cry V:
Exactly what I wanted. I kinda wish Nero's hair was a little longer, but the animations are just like they were in DMC4, if not more fleshed out. This game is going to be unbelievable. I cannot wait to see and learn more about the lore of the game, and how Vergil is still alive. Now my most anticipated game not currently released.

Cyberpunk 2077:
Wasn't completely sold on it, thought that the hype was a little too deafening. Happy to admit that it impressed me greatly. Looks like one of the most visually striking games I've ever seen. Hard to really comment further since there was no gameplay, but it was a show stealer for sure, and if not for my bias for DMC, it would top the charts for me.

Sekiro "Shadows Die Twice":
So, turns out I, and many other people were wrong in thinking it was a Kuon remake or a remake of Tenchu. It does look solid though. Gave me vibes of Nioh, but more refined because it's FromSoft instead of Ninja Theory. The ironic thing is, until I saw the FS logo, I thought it was a Team Ninja title. I do hope that FromSoft is working on a Bloodborne game as well, and will be teased at Sony's conference tomorrow. I kind of doubt it at this point, but wishful thinking.

E3 is off to a fantastic start thus far. Bethesda's conference was, for the large part, boring to me. Doom Eternal and Rage 2 look absolutely amazing.

Edited by Valyrious
  • Like 1

Shadows Die Twice and Metal Wolf Chaos so far, since we got gameplay of the former and, well, Metal Wolf Chaos. 

I missed EA's conference but it seemed like a shitshow (no surprise there) other than Sea of Solitude which looks neat. Unravel 2 maybe but I still need to play the original.

Missed Microsoft too, but DMC5, Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice and Ori look good, Gears Tactics could be cool, and possibly Gears 5. Nothing else really interests me here, Metro and Tomb Raider are looking decent but nothing really we didn't know about before. Still nothing to make me bother with an Xbone since they're all confirmed for multiplat release I believe, other than Gears and that isn't enough alone. Cyberpunk has a grand aesthetic but not enough to go on yet. I probably should play Witcher already.

Bethesda's conference was... alright I guess, but HOLY SHIT DOOM ETERNAL. WITH ARCHVILES AND PAIN ELEMENTALS. Will wait for Quakecon footage but it's almost certainly gonna be an instant buy for me. Rage 2 looks alright, but not a sell yet, Prey DLC sounds cool but not actually played it yet, Wolfenstein: Youngbloods sounds interesting though. Fallout 76 I'm not sure what to make of, I think it's one of those games that I'll have to wait for post-release before I even know whether I want it or not. Elder Scrolls VI will have to be a huge step up over Shiterim for me to care. Props for the Very Special Edition Skyrim skit though, was a good joke.

Devolver did Devolver, I knew it would be the best conference in sheer entertainment value and it was. Also METAL WOLF CHAOS. Pedro looks really fun, too.

Edited by Seasonreaper

9 minutes ago, Seasonreaper said:

Shadows Die Twice and Metal Wolf Chaos so far, since we got gameplay of the former and, well, Metal Wolf Chaos. 

I missed EA's conference but it seemed like a shitshow (no surprise there) other than Sea of Solitude which looks neat. Unravel 2 maybe but I still need to play the original.

Missed Microsoft too, but DMC5, Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice and Ori look good, Gears Tactics could be cool, and possibly Gears 5. Nothing else really interests me here, Metro and Tomb Raider are looking decent but nothing really we didn't know about before. Still nothing to make me bother with an Xbone since they're all confirmed for multiplat release I believe, other than Gears and that isn't enough alone. Cyberpunk has a grand aesthetic but not enough to go on yet. I probably should play Witcher already.

Bethesda's conference was... alright I guess, but HOLY SHIT DOOM ETERNAL. WITH ARCHVILES AND PAIN ELEMENTALS. Will wait for Quakecon footage but it's almost certainly gonna be an instant buy for me. Rage 2 looks alright, but not a sell yet, Prey DLC sounds cool but not actually played it yet, Wolfenstein: Youngbloods sounds interesting though. Fallout 76 I'm not sure what to make of, I think it's one of those games that I'll have to wait for post-release before I even know whether I want it or not. Elder Scrolls VI will have to be a huge step up over Shiterim for me to care. Props for the Very Special Edition Skyrim skit though, was a good joke.

Devolver did Devolver, I knew it would be the best conference in sheer entertainment value and it was. Also METAL WOLF CHAOS. Pedro looks really fun, too.

Oh my god, Metal Wolf Chaos is coming back? lmao That's amazing

Had some catching up to do, as E3 schedule is exceptionally EU unfriendly.

Microsoft managed to present the best conference they ever did. As for once they actually went all out on what matters, which is games. Looking forward to most of the titles presented there, out of which barely any actually are from Microsoft. Either way loved the show, but could've done without the overdone presentation of Forza.

Bethesda had the most goofy show so far, which was pleasant in a way to be fair. Pretty much interested in everything they presented, well except that mobile/VR game. Although I was still hoping for a new single player focused Quake game.

Devolver Digital's show wasn't my thing, I'll take Metal Wolf Chaos though.

Edited by voodoo_eyes
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, voodoo_eyes said:

Had some catching up to do, as E3 schedule is exceptionally EU unfriendly. [...]

Oh man tell me about it. I'll be able to catch the SE one this evening which I'm vaguely interested in but will definitely miss out on Sony's.

10 hours ago, Valyrious said:

[...] I do hope that FromSoft is working on a Bloodborne game as well, and will be teased at Sony's conference tomorrow. I kind of doubt it at this point, but wishful thinking. [...]

I am also secretly hoping for another reveal by FromSoftware, however unlikely. I do believe that Sony's conference will be in-depth looks at a select few titles as opposed to footage after footage of trailers/teasers etc. Above all, I would love for there to be any kind of surprise at Sony's show xD

Edited by Zolkovo

2 minutes ago, Zolkovo said:

Oh man tell me about it. I'll be able to catch the SE one this evening which I'm vaguely interested in but will definitely miss out on Sony's.

Yeah, I'm not sure if I'll be up at 2AM either for Sony's conference.

Forgot to add to my previous post, how disappointed I was with the Battlefield V presentation during the Microsoft event. Especially as EA were saying they'd be showing more then, what happened was the opposite. Not sure who the hell is running the marketing department, or if they even have one considering their past PR statements with the loot box stuff and so on. That was by far the worst marketing I've seen in my life, it's almost like they don't want to sell the game. I mean, who on earth wouldn't want to show off their product to a live audience of at least 1.7m people, and instead decides to give the gameplay sections out to some youtube channels?

1 hour ago, Zolkovo said:

I am also secretly hoping for another reveal by FromSoftware, however unlikely. I do believe that Sony's conference will be in-depth looks at a select few titles as opposed to footage after footage of trailers/teasers etc. Above all, I would love for there to be any kind of surprise at Sony's show xD

There will probably be a few surprises, but people should temper expectations. As good as Microsoft's conference was (and I feel like it was a 10/10 for them), they didn't really announce anything outrageously necessary as an exclusive. Although, quite a few people very well may associate DMC5 as an Xbox title because they showed it off first.

On 6/7/2018 at 3:02 PM, eigen-space said:

Mostly just want to know when the next Tales of game is coming...

Got my wish. Hurrah!

2 hours ago, grifteskymfning said:

!!!!@£$$) Playstation Vita 2

That would be so awesome... but so highly unlikely :'( 

EA - Pretty standard, uneventful show

Microsoft - Impressive. Although many of the top games they showed were 3rd party, there was plenty on show. Most important was the studio purchases, they need a reason for people to buy an Xbox. Of course it's one thing to have creators and another to have the game in your hand so we'll have to see what happens.

Devolver - Disappointed by the this after looking forward to it. The parody was there but the games weren't, only a few on show.

Bethesda - Decent ending but the rest was cringeworthy from a presentation standpoint, devs continously begging for applause after every buzzword. Most of the IP there but I could have still done with more info on what the games actually are. ES6 reveal was a little needless if it's so far out.

Square - Good standard of games but short and probably unecessary, I'd hope more is to come in Sony's conference.

--------

All I'm hoping for is Overcooked 2, the rest I'll take as it's revealed. I'm probably a rare Sony fan not really interested in the big 4.

• Like 1

So with Squenix and Ubi done now, there weren't too many surprises.

Squenix, although focusing on games, lacked actual content as well as context. No news on FF VII, which as disappointing albeit expected. Instead new FF XIV content and a new Dragon Quest game. Babylon's Fall could be interesting and whatever the fuck The Quiet Man was I have no idea.

Ubisoft going ham on community involvement, which is cool. The rest was kind of a mixed bag. Beyond Good and Evil 2 looked promising. Then there was some nonsense about Rainbow Six league, the pirate game Sea of Thieves could've been in form of Skull and Bones, some weird stuff with Transference Also more content for For Honor and that Starlink gimmick game. The expected Crew 2 and new AC game also made an appearance.

EDIT:

PC gaming show, was probably the section with most actual gameplay shown.

Sony's presentation was a bit of a mess. The knocked it out of the park with the games they've shown though.

With all these new games announced, I'm actually wondering what happened to all those titles that were supposed to come out since 2014.

Hunt Showdown - only came out on PC

Deathtrap - was released last year on Xbone, still no date for PS4 version

Deep Down - may be in limbo

Overkill's The Walking Dead - now got a release date after 2 or 3 years of having been announced (8th of November 2018)

Shenmue 3 - pushed to 2019

FF VII remake - it's been awfully quiet about this one

Hollowpoint - This looks like it's pulled a Dead Island 2, and has been wiped from the face of the earth

Phantasy Star Online 2 - Still no news for a western release, after 2 years

Omen of Sorrow - no news on this

Xuan Yuan Sword: The Gate of Firmament - no western release yet it seems

A Plague Tale Innocence - is supposed to come out this year, but no recent news on it

Call of Cthulhu - Again, announced for this year

Code Vein - comes out 27th of September

Conqueror's Blade - seems to be PC only now

Genesis Alpha One - seen it available for pre-order, but no actual release date yet

Sakuna: Of Rice and Ruin - supposed to release September this year

Tropico 6 - not heard a thing about this since E3 2017

Quacamelee 2 - has still no release date

Hong Kong Massacre - Supposed to come out in 2018

The Garden's Between - Also supposedly releasing this year

Concrete Genie - hasn't really been heard of since last year

Spelunky 2 - still has no release set

Fade to Silence - supposed to release this year

Witchfire - no news whatsoever on this one

GTFO - another one to be released this year

Edited by voodoo_eyes