Oh dear

I don't think this is going on my 'to buy' list anytime soon. My fave horse game, or game with horses in is Red Dead Redemption.....they're making a sequel aren't they?!. (I don't want to sit here and guess what the gameplay in that might be like incase I get accused of passing comment without playing it first!!)

5 hours ago, Kittet3 said:

This whole concept of 'trophy thoughts' threads is pretty silly and has gotten way out of hand. Unless it's a major AAA release or series release, they end up just being a click-bait-y title and people talking about trophies they have no idea about.

Not every trophy list that gets uploaded to the site needs a thread about it.

That's why I enjoy those threads. It's just funny to see people talking about how easy the trophies are to get, and then later on to see their percentages being so low.

Don't mind me. I'm only here to read the comment section ;)

Who's buying this game? Yay or neigh? :)

The best thing about this game is that is HAS A PLATINUM TROPHY.

There's more than the 30th Anniversary edition of Street Fighter got. Not even a gold on that game, let alone a Platinum. It's Sonic Mania all over again.

Sony's new rule seems to be balancing out the yin and yan

Great games < -> Shit trophies

Shit games <-> Great trophies

Edited by enaysoft
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, JiII-Valentine-- said:

I've watched some gameplay. It's a cross between The Sims and Harvest Moon. It honestly doesn't look like it's that bad of a game.

Harvest Moon you say?... well I’m buying it then.. I collect HM games and usually pick up anything that’s similar in nature.

1 hour ago, enaysoft said:

Sony's new rule seems to be balancing out the yin and yan

What is this new rule by Sony? I thought that developers could decide on their own trophy lists, has that changed lately?

The mistake a lot of people on this forum seem to make is that they think that every game is released for them. This game does not look too bad at all for the right audience and unless this game is $60 or more, which I don't think it will be, this could be excellent value for money. I am guessing it is aimed at young girls who would love to have a horse but can't (there are plenty of them). Spectacular graphics would only add to the price tag and would not improve the sales by definition. Besides which, the graphics in the actual top-down gameplay look decent, although I would have used a better and sharper grass texture because that one does look kinda fuzzy.

Edit: besides which, everyone should play what they want to and I would never judge anyone on the sort of games they play. I enjoy easy games too. But I think that if you have platted My Name is Mayo (twice), you automatically forfeit your right to act elitist about other games or be critical about Sony's quality control. Because if that was a thing, you would have been at least two plats short yourself now ;)

Edited by pinkrobot_pb
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Kittet3 said:

This whole concept of 'trophy thoughts' threads is pretty silly and has gotten way out of hand. Unless it's a major AAA release or series release, they end up just being a click-bait-y title and people talking about trophies they have no idea about.

Not every trophy list that gets uploaded to the site needs a thread about it.

Yes, but FRIST POHST!!!1!!ONE!! is out of style, so this is what it's devolved to.

10 hours ago, fisty123 said:

Yeah and every "easy" or "quick to plat" game has one or more of these types of posts. The forum is getting flooded by them which then start a posting flooding war on the topics most of the time.

We get the point many people are upset about quick games or poor quality games on the PlayStation network because it "lowers" the trophy value which does not give you any rewards anyway so not really lowering the value of a trophy.

Welcome to Steam where most of these games are released first.

What has that to do with anything you quoted from @JiII-Valentine--? If you wanted to say this from the beginning just do so. But ''make a videogame yourself first hurr durr'' is and will always be a bullshit excuse to undermine criticism.

J

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Stardew Shelly said:

What has that to do with anything you quoted from @JiII-Valentine--? If you wanted to say this from the beginning just do so. But ''make a videogame yourself first hurr durr'' is and will always be a bullshit excuse to undermine criticism.

J

Giving crticism without playing the game is also another form of  "bullshit excuse" but thank you for your inpiut and great selection of language.

As for your question "what had that to with anything you quoted"  it was in responce to the first line but if you want to call a game poor play it first or create your own its not as easy as some menbers not all just some think it is. Giving crticism when you have not even played a game is what this is linked to in the end.

Once again thank you for your input im sure it was needed if you looked at the other comments you will come to notice two things 1. Most members are saying the same thing these topics are not needed in general and 2. We are all looking forward to a Harvest Moon type feeling.
I guess I Can't please everyone so I am sorry for not being able to meet your standards of reasons why someone should not give crticism before playing a game.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, fisty123 said:

Giving crticism without playing the game is also another form of  "bullshit excuse" but thank you for your inpiut and great selection of language.

As for your question "what had that to with anything you quoted"  it was in responce to the first line but if you want to call a game poor play it first or create your own its not as easy as some menbers not all just some think it is. Giving crticism when you have not even played a game is what this is linked to in the end.

Once again thank you for your input im sure it was needed if you looked at the other comments you will come to notice two things 1. Most members are saying the same thing these topics are not needed in general and 2. We are all looking forward to a Harvest Moon type feeling.
I guess I Can't please everyone so I am sorry for not being able to meet your standards of reasons why someone should not give crticism before playing a game.

You spelled response wrong...

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Nitro said:

You spelled response wrong...

Ohh nice find,

Turns out my auto spell is turned off. Not sure why so I best fix that one.
Also I spelt the following words incorrect: criticism, input, response, members,im and criticism again :D

Just now, fisty123 said:

Ohh nice find,

Turns out my auto spell is turned off. Not sure why so I best fix that one.
Also I spelt the following words incorrect: criticism, input, response, members,im and criticism again :D

Ah, I didn't spot those ones. For some reason the one I pointed out just stuck out like dog's balls for me for some reason :P

1 hour ago, fisty123 said:

Well, peeking at your response it‘s more nonsense.

The problem I have with your statement is that it‘s shit no matter the circumstances. There is no redeeming quality about it, while other statements may be unnecessary this is still a forum. Some would argue the entirety of which is unnecessary. But if you try to cultivate midst this exact environment I’d argue that there are more substantial things to say than „lol make it yourself lol“.

And last but not least, instead of trying to blame others for what you call „not needed“ maybe go ahead with a glaring example rather than ridicule said posts to excuse your own inability to provide worthwhile conversation.

Thank you for your opinion though. Bye.

Edited by Stardew Shelly
  • Like 2

Why people can't have opinions (unless they are positive) about games they haven't played?  Any such negative opinions warrant the poster to be attacked.  Fantastic.  Perhaps I am just speaking out of line, but this thread is slowly turning into the Perils Of Baking thread.

6 hours ago, MooseSketts said:

Why people can't have opinions (unless they are positive) about games they haven't played?  Any such negative opinions warrant the poster to be attacked.  Fantastic.  Perhaps I am just speaking out of line, but this thread is slowly turning into the Perils Of Baking thread.

...Which turns out to look like an awesome 2D platformer after all the uninformed shit talking based on ignorant judgement! Those videos sold me on it as soon as I saw them. 

8 hours ago, Stardew Shelly said:

The problem I have with your statement is that it‘s shit no matter the circumstances. There is no redeeming quality about it, while other statements may be unnecessary this is still a forum.

Yep this is still a forum like you said. This is how I view things just like how you view things. I don't agree with your statement and don't agree with mine, But you still felt the need to add your views which again this is a forum so its allowed, Even if you have not said anything about this game at all once which questions why your on here in the first place.

So to get this topic back to it's main point and I will change my mindset and ask but what are you thoughts on the game? Or did you not have any and just wanted to post anyway?

Edited by fisty123

20 hours ago, Elvick_ said:

They don't. There's still plenty of forums completely empty.

Honestly it doesn't look bad to me for what it is. Sure it looks like a PS2 game, this video has people saying it looks almost exactly like a Wii game by a different title. So if that's the case, then it pretty much is PS2 quality just ported up. It's not my kind of game, but it's not so bad looking that it looks broken or like a crappy flash game being sold.. I see no reason to complain about it being on PSN.

I wouldn't call it PS2 quality. It definitely looks a hell of a lot better than any of the PS2 ports I've played on PS4.

Either way, it's not really something to complain about. It's not like there's games for this niche on PS4, and we're already getting charged 20$ for bare bones PS2 ports, so...

7 hours ago, fisty123 said:

Yep this is still a forum like you said. This is how I view things just like how you view things. I don't agree with your statement and don't agree with mine, But you still felt the need to add your views which again this is a forum so its allowed, Even if you have not said anything about this game at all once which questions why your on here in the first place.

So to get this topic back to it's main point and I will change my mindset and ask but what are you thoughts on the game? Or did you not have any and just wanted to post anyway?

In this case it's actually not a matter of agreeing to something or somebody, I couldn't care less if someone has a different viewpoint. I talk about a lot of games with a lot of people on here and we basically never have the same opinion on a game. That doesn't matter.

But to say you have to be a creator of something to be able to criticize it is just a dumb thing to say, there's no arguing that.

Like say you want to buy a couch. You, having never built a couch, are not allowed to have negative feedback on a couch then? This is absolute nonsense and I don't want to believe that you are actually this stupid. I have more faith in you.

And please, spare me with ''But this is different''. No, it's not. It's just nonsense to say this in the first place. No one has to be a creator of anything to know, just to SEE that Ride to Hell: Retribution for example sucks ass. Or that Battlefront II has overdone it with the microtransactions. Or about a thousand other examples.

And to be on topic for once: It's a horse games for people who have played The Sims for about 4000 hours and want something different. Or course it sucks for most people. I mean look at the game. But if someone is having fun with it I'm happy for them. Other opinions mean nothing for personal enjoyment.

J

Edited by Stardew Shelly
  • Like 1