Cannon Challenge Help

Penpen4

I have been trying to collect all of the rings and complete the challenge, but I can’t get past the second section. I’ve collected the rings in both the first and second areas, but can’t get past the curves and circular stone room to reach the last set. 

Any tips? I’ve watched multiple video guides to no avail. If someone can help me through shareplay to get the last rings and finish the course then I would be extremely grateful. 

My roommate modified the script for the steam version to work on remote play with PC. Just plug this script into your PC via the hotkey software and start the script at the exact moment you hit L2 on your controller. He would have L2 into the script, but we couldn’t figure out what button config it would be using remote play. 

Here is the script:

t::
tooltip % "started"

; YOUR LATENCY HERE- 380 works for me
sleep 380

sleep 7750

send {Right down}
sleep 1300
send {Right up}

sleep 500

send {Left down}
sleep 300
send {Left up}

sleep 500

send {Left down}
sleep 1500
send {Left up}

sleep 3750

send {Left down}
sleep 1100 
send {Left up}

sleep 200

send {Left down}
sleep 400
send {Left up}

sleep 100

send {Left down}
sleep 400 
send {Left up}

sleep 100

send {Left down}
sleep 400
send {Left up}

sleep 1700

send {Left down}
sleep 1000
send {Left up}

sleep 400

send {Left down}
sleep 300
send {Left up}

sleep 1000

send {Right down}
sleep 1200
send {Right up}

sleep 1100

send {Right down}
sleep 700
send {Right up}

sleep 1000

send {Right down}
sleep 900
send {Right up}

sleep 500

send {Right down}
sleep 300
send {Right up}

sleep 1700

send {Right down}
sleep 800
send {Right up}

sleep 500

send {Right down}
sleep 400
send {Right up}

sleep 200

send {Right down}
sleep 400
send {Right up}

sleep 1800

send {Left down}
sleep 600 
send {Left up}

sleep 400

send {Left down}
sleep 400 
send {Left up}

sleep 400

send {Left down}
sleep 400
send {Left up}

sleep 1000
ExitApp

Pause

esc::pause ; esc = pause, esc again = continue
^esc::exitapp ; ctrl+esc = terminate program

• 8 months later...

I got to this challenge last night, and legit have tried over 100 times, I am finally past the second set of rings, but I keep dying right after I get past the square room with the open tunnel in the center bottom of the screen. This is one of the most frustrating experiences of all time. 

I get trophies are extra and are meant to be a challenge, but looking at the context of this game, as a platformer - having this level of difficulty in a minigame that provides no tutorial and does not base itself on any other aspect of the game is poor design in my opinion. 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

This one honestly wasn't as bad for me as I thought it was gonna be. 

It prolly took me 30-40 minutes of trying but eventually I got them all. To be honest it would have been 100x worse if you needed to get all the coin rings in one go.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I went back to this last night (I had just put the game away for over a year because I was annoyed with this trophy), and got it in maybe the... 40th try. For anyone who lurks later trying to get this, it's imperative that you take the first loop on the right after you blast off the canon (where the rings are), this will slow you down enough to be able to manage getting to the next section. I had already gotten the rings in the second loop (on the left), so if you manage to get those rings, you can skip that loop all together. The speed slowdown after loop one is enough to give you control to get down, into the square room, and then right to the last set of rings. This part may take some finagling, but you'll want to edge yourself up a little to get into the rings against the wall and then trial and error for the right positioning to get into the small exit. 

Still one of the most frustrating trophies on my shelf after just hitting 7k this week! 

• 2 weeks later...

I found the easiest method was to break it into sections.  There's really three sections of rings to get.  Focus on just completing one of those sections with each run.  You don't have to get them again once you've obtained them once.  It's really all about turning a split second faster than you want to and dropping down a split second later.

I agree with one of the posts above about this being 100x harder if you had to do all of the rings in one go.  I think it took me about 30 minutes in all to get this.  Several failed attempts, but inched a little closer each time.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

This challenge made me set the game aside for awhile, but I finally came back to it and was able to do it in about an hour.  I crashed into the wall or ceiling right before the exit dozens of times before I finally got it.  Maybe its just the Stockholm syndrome talking but I was almost starting to enjoy it by the end. ?

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...