Tales of Vesperia Definitive Edition [January 11th 2019]

I am not getting to excited yet its Bandi, For all we know they will announce a Mobile version of it and release it in chapters they do seem to love their mobile games these days.

However it does make E3 slightly more interesting if this rumors are correct. PS4 English version would be nice, I don't care if it has dub or not just as long as it gets an official English release. I have been holding onto my old PS3 not updated for this anniversary, if not I will have to break the PS3 for this one. 

One of the best RPG gaming news for me this year and anticipating for it coming onto the PS4. I never got a chance to play this Tales of installment and heard many great things about it being one of the best Tales of game and main protagonist.  

• Like 1

So... Does this mean I'll no longer need to import the Japan-only PS3 version of the game? I was really looking forward to doing that actually >_> and then figuring out the story with a walkthrough or something as my knowledge of the Japanese language is pretty much nada. <_<

Normally, I'm not too much into the remaster wave but I think this is pretty good news. :)

• Like 1

Lately BandaiNamco has been more open about releasing old Tales of games without full english voice acting, so it wouldn't surprise me if we get dual audio with the english one missing parts.

After all, getting every main voice actor so the PS3 exclusive portions don't sound different would be a difficult task.

Either way, I hope we get this in english, even if it's only the text! I loved playing this with a friend and we would play it again, no doubt. It would look gorgeous upscaled and with everything being 60fps (only the battles were 60 fps before).

Edited by AndresLionheart

Why wouldn't Troy Baker record new lines if it came to that? I haven't seen anything about him retiring, and he's in Last of Us Part 2 and Death Stranding.

Anyway, I hope this comes to PS4 and/or Switch. I've heard good things about it. I have a X1 so I could play it there, but why would I bother turning it on now? It's doing a great job collecting dust! :P

53 minutes ago, AndresLionheart said:

Lately BandaiNamco has been more open about releasing old Tales of games without full english voice acting, so it wouldn't surprise me if we get dual audio with the english one missing parts.

After all, getting every main voice actor so the PS3 exclusive portions don't sound different would be a difficult task.

Either way, I hope we get this in english, even if it's only the text! I loved playing this with a friend and we would play it again, no doubt. It would look gorgeous upscaled and with everything being 60fps (only the battles were 60 fps before).

The English VAs actually already recorded the lines for the new content so they wouldn't even have to recontact them, even Troy Baker.

1 hour ago, fisty123 said:

Correction: PS4, Switch, PC for Japan - Western Release Xbox only due to Microsoft rights.

This would not surprise me at all

Pretty sure the console exclusive rights only apply to a specific generation and they don't last very long.

I always hoped this day would come and now it has! Vesperia is easily one of the best games in the series. I imported the Japanese PS3 version a few years back, but playing a PS4 remaster in English would be sooooo much better! This has quickly become one of my most anticipated games and we don't even have an official announcement yet. :P

7 hours ago, Venocide said:

I called this years ago

I totally remember you saying this. When I heard the news, you were the first thing that came to mind. :giggle:

• Like 1