Tales of Vesperia Definitive Edition [January 11th 2019]

40 minutes ago, majob said:

The English VAs actually already recorded the lines for the new content so they wouldn't even have to recontact them, even Troy Baker.

Really? I remember game files containing voices for the 2nd Mystic Artes but I never heard stuff about the extra content that the PS3 version had.

3 minutes ago, AndresLionheart said:

Really? I remember game files containing voices for the 2nd Mystic Artes but I never heard stuff about the extra content that the PS3 version had.

yeah the lines went unused but the english VAs all recorded the lines associated with the extra PS3 content

4 minutes ago, Undead Wolf said:

I totally remember you saying this. When I heard the news, you were the first thing that came to mind. :giggle:

haha :P after Symphonia got a anniversary release on the PS3 I had a gut feeling they'd do the same for Vesperia. I've been talking to a lot of people on the Tales of Facebook group over the years and a lot of people on there have never even played it, mainly because they didn't wanna buy a 360 or import the PS3 version. Super excited to play it once again! :D 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, locutus442 said:

I so hope this is true.  I loved it on the Xbox 360 and would love platinuming (yes, I know that's not a word) it on the Ps4.

On this forum it's as true a word as the sky is blue :highfive:

• Like 2

5 hours ago, fisty123 said:

Correction: PS4, Switch, PC for Japan - Western Release Xbox only due to Microsoft rights.

This would not surprise me at all

And Microsoft canceling it like they always do. :awesome: 

Yep, seems valid.

On more serious note, I'm actually wondering if MS screws us up somehow with this...

Damn all this talk about improper voices :disgust:

I'm not the biggest fan of Vesperia, but I'd definitely like to play the superior version that we never got. Hopefully it's like Symphonia Chronicles and they actually give us the original voice acting this time.

1 hour ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

Damn all this talk about improper voices :disgust:

You and me both...

exclusive bamco releases for XBOX 360 in the west were a mistake. holding my hype until it's confirmed, it would be great if they could add ACE COMBAT 6 there too. I'm still mad for those two games.

If they were truly going for the 10 year mark it would be coming out in August which would be amazing. Vesperia is arguably  my favorite one and I was planning to do my imported PS3 copy at some point but now I may not have to deal with the language barrier! I'd be happy even if they didn't include English voice acting and simply gave us translated text.

I think it will be interesting to see when this announcement is made. Most rumored reports say it will be at E3 which if is the case then a Western release is 100% confirmed as you know E3 being in the West and all.

But it would make more scene to do it the Tales of Festival which is a Japanese festival and does not really mean the game gets a western release, although the core base of Tales fans will hammer Bandi about it until they do announce it west.

Edited by fisty123
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, fisty123 said:

I think it will be interesting to see when this announcement is made. Most rumored reports say it will be at E3 which if is the case then a Western release is 100% confirmed as you know E3 being in the West and all.

But it would make more scene to do it the Tales of Festival which is a Japanese festival and does not really mean the game gets a western release, although the core base of Tales fans will hammer Bandi about it until they do announce it west.

I feel like at this point we may be beyond the whole "not-coming-to-the-west" phase of Tales games. Things are different now and it has been a long time since we go shafted via Innocence R and Vesperia, and I hope I am not naive in having this belief. :P

I guess I still have DotNW and Berseria to work through, though. But once I've conquered those... Vesperia better be playable in English or there will be hell to pay!

55 minutes ago, BeautifulTorment said:

I feel like at this point we may be beyond the whole "not-coming-to-the-west" phase of Tales games. Things are different now and it has been a long time since we go shafted via Innocence R and Vesperia, and I hope I am not naive in having this belief. :P

I guess I still have DotNW and Berseria to work through, though. But once I've conquered those... Vesperia better be playable in English or there will be hell to pay!

In all fairness i believe the reason innocence r didn't get localized was because the localization team was too busy playing catch up due to the long localization gap prior to graces f and unfortunately for innocence they didn't have the resources for both and decided to bring over hearts instead because it was the better recieved game(and it was more recent at the time), it wasn't just innocence that got shafted, the 3ds card game spinoff tales of the world reve unitia also became a victim of the localization catch up as well, but now we haven't had any new tales games released japanese or otherwise since the western release of berseria so now we dont have to play catchup anymore. It was the same situation with yakuza where it took 3 years to get yakuza 5 out and unfortunately yakuza issin became a casulty in the 2 years sega didn't want to bring any yakuza games over.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Venocide said:

Just announced at the Xbox conference! 

Definitive edition out at the end of the year. And it's the PS3 version. 

It's not an Xbox "exclusive" is it? I don't think I heard them say it was, but I would be pretty devastated if it wasn't coming to PS4 too.

I am soooo hyped!! 

Best announcement from E3 so far!! 

The music was in English so its possible that it'll be English VAs, but I didn't hear anyone talk(or didn't remember because I was in a trance) so it's still probable that it will be subtitles. 

Either way, I'm going to be veryyy happy! 

Damn, I can't believe it

Is it up for preorder yet? 

Edited by Dav9834