Tales of Vesperia Definitive Edition [January 11th 2019]

5 minutes ago, Dav9834 said:

(or didn't remember because I was in a trance

Haha, same. I mean we kind of already knew it was coming, but I was surprised to see it at Microsoft's conference. I couldn't take my eyes away from the screen. It's actually happening!!! :lol:

I forget if I heard anyone talk, but I don't mind if there's no English dub. 

4 minutes ago, Venocide said:

Looks like it's digital only, which is a shame I was hoping for a collector's edition. 

It is? Yeah, that kinda blows. I would have totally bought a collector's edition for it. Oh well, at least we actually get the game in English on PlayStation finally. That's more than enough for me. ^_^

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Undead Wolf said:

It is? Yeah, that kinda blows. I would have totally bought a collector's edition for it. Oh well, at least we actually get the game in English on PlayStation finally. That's more than enough for me. ^_^

Randy just told me it's digital only, not sure where he heard that though. I've actually seen no mention of it myself, hopefully he's wrong :P 

Just now, Venocide said:

Randy just told me it's digital only, not sure where he heard that though. I've actually seen no mention of it myself, hopefully he's wrong :P 

Ah okay. I hope he's wrong too. :P Although I did see "Coming To The Xbox Store" pop up during the trailer which worries me. :S

1 minute ago, Undead Wolf said:

Ah okay. I hope he's wrong too. :P Although I did see "Coming To The Xbox Store" pop up during the trailer which worries me. :S

Could be just for Xbox, I can't see them shifting many copy's on there, so maybe they'll just stick it on the store. 

On 8.6.2018 at 2:48 AM, triplejmzu8 said:

This would be a dream come true. Please be real. ToV is by far the best Tales of.

The best is very subjective, I prefer Berseria but Vesperia is without a doubt one of the Top 3 :D

Edited by GoDBoss173

Has just been confirmed on E3. However, looks like it's the Vanilla Version and X1-exclusive.

EDIT: Sorry for the wrong info. It DOES have the new content it it might not be exclusive. Must have misheard something - whoopsie!

Edited by triplejmzu8

1 minute ago, triplejmzu8 said:

Has just been confirmed on E3. However, looks like it's the Vanilla Version and X1-exclusive.

They said that it has the Japanese PS3 version extra stuff, but they only said "world premiere" at the beginning, so hopefully Bandai Namco will stop being dicks and confirm whether or not it's exclusive.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ShadowStar83x said:

They said that it has the Japanese PS3 version extra stuff, but they only said "world premiere" at the beginning, so hopefully Bandai Namco will stop being dicks and confirm whether or not it's exclusive.

Really? Then I must have overheard that, sorry. Glad to hear that. Then I actually think it's not gonna be exclusive!

Just now, Undead Wolf said:

Wrong on both accounts. :P It has the additional content seen in the PS3 release and it's not an Xbox exclusive.

Edited by triplejmzu8

1 minute ago, triplejmzu8 said:

No

It's in fact the ps3 version, and it's a worldwide premiere. 

Plus Bandai Namco already said Playstation. 

Read comments above^^^^

5 minutes ago, Venocide said:

The Xbox crowd were silent when they announced it, they don't deserve this game. They don't care about JRPG's. 

Not to bash the conference, as I thought it was really great, but yeah, all Japanese announcements, including Nier, were left with muted applause compared to all of the western announcements.

I wouldn't say they don't deserve it, but the Xbox base was never receptive to JRPGs save for Final Fantasy. And it's a big reason why most Japanese devs ignore the platform.