Glitch - Always your Turn

IBadDriverI

For the most of times this glitch will work but there is an execption on a retaliation mission. This glitch doesn't seem to work when one of your soldier stands next to a shapeshifter. The shapeshifter will hit your soldier when reloading the game and then your turn begins. So beware of that. I don't know if you can outrun a shapeshifter with your soldier, to not get damaged of their melee attack?

7 minutes ago, Quink666 said:

Alot of people just dont know the difference between ingame glitches/bugs and cheating. As you say its not cheating unless its 3rd party or if it cheat put there by the developer on purpose like Duke Nukem.

Exactly, left out of on purpose cheats like that. Honestly I have no gripe with anyone who uses glitches and ingame cheats to get platinums, only people who use 3rd party programs to do so

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ObsiEez said:

It's technically not cheating, it's more of glitching the game. If it's in the game then it's just glitching, if you're using a third party program or something outside of the game to break it, then it's cheating. People earn platinums different than everybody else. Some people like to use any means available to them as long as it's within the game and other people like to just play it exactly how the developers wanted people to play it.

Glitch is turning this into a chess game where your opponent doesn't move pieces.  If that's not cheating I don't know what is. Only reason why this is fine is cause nobody is getting hurt by it. Your opponent is AI that doesn't care how you play.  If this was multiplayer it would be different story.  What would people call person that uses this glitch?  

We are not talking about same thing. You talk about what's allowed (more specific what is allowed on this website) and  I'm focusing on what this is, or isn't. Boosting is cheating, someone unlocking skill based trophy over shareplay is cheating, team of players collecting trophies on same account is cheating, but it's also allowed. I'm  fine with that. Do what you like, but lets not call shit chocolate just because it's brown. That will not make it sweet.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, ihadalifeb4this said:

Glitch is turning this into a chess game where your opponent doesn't move pieces.  If that's not cheating I don't know what is. Only reason why this is fine is cause nobody is getting hurt by it. Your opponent is AI that doesn't care how you play.  If this was multiplayer it would be different story.  What would people call person that uses this glitch?  

We are not talking about same thing. You talk about what's allowed (more specific what is allowed on this website) and  I'm focusing on what this is, or isn't. Boosting is cheating, someone unlocking skill based trophy over shareplay is cheating, team of players collecting trophies on same account is cheating, but it's also allowed. I'm  fine with that. Do what you like, but lets not call shit chocolate just because it's brown. That will not make it sweet.

I get your point and it's understandable but as long as it's within the game it's classified as a glitch. In single player games glitching the game is perfectly fine since no one gets hurt. When you glitch in a multiplayer game (say Call of Duty) like glitching out of the map back in Ghosts where you could get under the game. Technically they're not cheating they're glitching the game., that doesn't make then any less of a ♥ but they're still playing within the games limits until it's patched. I understand your point and it's completely understandable to have that view and say it's cheating.

1 hour ago, SnowxSakura said:

None of what you said is cheating because it's all possible within the confines of the game, or the service. 

Cheating is stuff like custom firmware, brute force, save resigners, trophy hacking. Not possible to do without the help of third party.

Just because you don't like it, doesn't mean it's wrong either, take it up with the developers if you don't like people exploiting shoddy coding.

Yeah, you're right. You guys can have all the turns in this conversation. 

Take care and goodbye!

• Like 4

If someone wants to ruin their experience with this exploit, go ahead. Seems really really tedious to wait 1-2 minutes every turn, because of loading screens. Furthermore I dont think it will influence the rarity that much.

I won't have respect for players who want to play the whole game like this. However, it can be very useful if you are in a very bad spot and the only ''legit'' way out is restarting the mission. And seriously, how many of you got the platinium without any save scumming and uploading your data on USB/ Cloud?

I will try to get the platinium without that, but if nothing else work, it is useful to know this glitch, if only for one turn.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
48 minutes ago, Mori said:

After all the debate, did anyone get the platinum with this method? I actually cant believe that anyone endures hours of loading screens just to cheese through the game.

You dont need to wait for 'hours' all you actually need to do is do one playthrough of legend ironman difficulty and you're done.

Second playthrough is mainly for unlocking the regions

1 hour ago, ZireaelReviews said:

You dont need to wait for 'hours' all you actually need to do is do one playthrough of legend ironman difficulty and you're done.

Second playthrough is mainly for unlocking the regions

That doesnt answer my question. I am certain about what to do. I was asking if anyone really did it with this method, because it looks tedious as hell.