Favorite Films of 2018 So Far.

Crzy Minus

We're halfway through the year now and so far it's been a pretty decent year for film, from smaller titles to bigger blockbusters. What have been the best movies from 2018 you've seen so far? You can name as many as you can in a small number, more preferably the ones you can consider your favorites.

For me I already have 3 in mind, not only these have become my favorite ones but I have been thinking about them a lot since I've seen them and I wouldn't be surprised if they still remained on my best of 2018 list:

Avengers: Infinity War

AvengersInfinityWar.jpg

Starting with the most popular one and one that deserved all the hype. Infinity War is the grand pay off for sticking with these movies for 10 years and the pay off really was deserved, it's fun, intense, and the most climactic MCU movie to date. It's now also one of my favorite MCU movies in general alongside Civil War and the first Avengers. Cannot wait to see it again someday and I cannot wait for the next one coming out next year.

Annihilation

PTByxbV.png

Mysterious, creepy, beautiful. Annihilation is a great genre film that brings some of the best elements from sci-fi and horror. Very unfortunate that not a lot of people have seen it, but if you are a fan of the genre, I can't recommend it enough.

Isle of Dogs

uCPyIyh.jpg

My favorite film of 2018 overall so far, Isle of Dogs is a brilliant animated adventure that takes it's influence to it's advantage and quirky characteristics at it's best. If you haven't seen it yet and you love dogs or Wes Anderson, take in consideration to see this.

Edited by Crzy Minus
  • Like 2

My favourites so far in no particular order are:

1. Infinity War - Aside from Thor: Ragnarok, I hadn't been enjoying Marvel films recently, but this was amazing. They finally handled a villain right with Thanos. I just hope they don't kill him off with the next film. The only real problem I had with this film was with how the Black Order was handled.

2. Deadpool 2 - Just as funny as the first, although I felt like some scenes did drag on a little too long. There were some cool surprises and Cable was great.

3. Annihilation - It was good, but it felt underwhelming at some points, especially with the ending. I enjoyed Ex Machina a great deal more.

4. Tomb Raider - I found this fun to watch. It's by no means anything great or memorable, but I thought the actress playing Lara did a good job.

Thought Annihilation was OK but the books are soooo much better.  I know people always say that but when the filmmaker says "oh, I didn't know it was a trilogy, I only read the first book", you know you aren't getting any of the perspective the author actually gave the story and that, if successful, sequels would have been even more off the mark. 

Truth, the actual books are probably unfilmable as they are but would like to have seen a more informed attempt that would, potentially, have been closer to the original vision.