Sony Rewards for Earning Trophies

Narniak

My PSN account has been linked to the Sony Rewards site since I purchased my PS4 back in 2015, and I have received rewards for purchases from the PS store, etc.  My understanding is that the rewards program for earning trophies started last November, 2017.  I made the mistake of assuming that my already linked PSN account would be tracking earned trophies.  WRONG!!  The fact that you have to actively search for and click the little faded "unlock" texts within the trophy reward boxes is fucking horse shit!  I should have well over $100 in trophy rewards that I have been earning during the past 7 months since this program started, and now I see that nothing has counted.  Sony Rewards already had access to my linked PSN account, but they won't bother counting my trophies until after I navigate their terrible website to find and click their obscure little faded icons to "officially" unlock the program??  REALLY SHYSTERS?? 

• Like 1

Wish Canada had it though....

To assume that Sony would automatically add you just because you have a Sony Rewards account from 2015.

You can only blame yourself for not checking. Sony did nothing wrong.

Edited by Kishnabe
  • Like 4

Are you really complaining about this? EU countries (and probably other regions/countries besides the US too) don't even have the Sony Rewards program. You should have been more attentive if you really cared so much.

Edited by Lucas

The passes are one click after you log in, so I'd hardly call that having to actively search for them and having to navigate the website to find them.

Also, I wouldn't exactly call the icons obscure and faded - example:

dbNNvhO.png

The one thing here you are correct about is that you made the mistaking in assuming the passes would automatically track.  Never assume anything, I'm not sure why you didn't log in sooner to check but this isn't Sony's fault here.  

• Like 1

I don't see where Sony is at fault for this. Yeah, the site is a turd but if you knew about the rewards program maybe you should've check it out to see if anything needed to be done on your part to get the points. Besides that I think you only need click the challenge once, then it rolls over automatically each time you complete it. A little time and research could've saved you some grief.

I think you just need to unlock for the first time, and after that it will auto unlock for you. That's the case for me. However, recently I do find out that each task you can only do 10 times in an entire year. I have already complete 10 set of Gold Trophy tasks. Therefore, I will not be able to get any reward points by earning gold trophy for the rest of the year.

Stop using the "I live in EU and I don't have this opportunity" argument. Even people who live in the US can't claim a stupid code because the site it's a fucking mess. But yeah, this was heavily highlighted in the topic: it was NOT retroactive and you need to unlock the challenge to start earning points. Not once, not twice, but seeeeveral times. So, it's your fault OP for not reading.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Katt said:

Stop using the "I live in EU and I don't have this opportunity" argument. Even people who live in the US can't claim a stupid code because the site it's a fucking mess. But yeah, this was heavily highlighted in the topic: it was NOT retroactive and you need to unlock the challenge to start earning points. Not once, not twice, but seeeeveral times. So, it's your fault OP for not reading.

^^^ I remember hearing/seeing that multiple times. That's why when I signed up that same day I hit unlocked for the trophies and forgot about the rewards. Which I should definitely check to see if I can cash in on some points

1 hour ago, LuciaRosethorn said:

I don't see why you're complaining, the UK doesn't even have this system so at least you can still earn things in the future.

More like the rest of the world doesn't.

I don't think any country but the US has this option, but correct me if I'm wrong.

• Like 1

PS+ games aren't automatically redeemed either, gonna start a topic about that?  I agree it would have been nice for Sony to do this, but they didn't.  There were plenty of topics and info about this on this site, TT, and may others when the announcement was made.  It was very clear that you had to activate them.  It's unfortunate you didn't, but as someone said, if it was important to you, then why didn't you look into it sooner?  I also agree that their website is crap, but it's not that big a deal to activate these once each and then profit.  You can try contacting Sony Rewards division and explain the situation to them and see if they'll retroactively credit you with some points.  I'd even recommend trying multiple times to reach multiple people.  Sony employees are pretty stupid at all levels (I've dealt with and worked with many of them) from execs down to support, but occasionally you get a good one who can help you.  Even then, they still probably won't offer you much, if anything, but it's worth a try.  I can see why you're mad, you obviously padded your profile with every stack of every super easy game that exists over the past 6+ months.  It won't be easy to make up the 'lost' money at this point.  I'm not suggesting this, but I guess you could always create a new account, or maybe simply link a different account to the rewards program (do subs work?) and play all these 1 hour games again.  Not sure if, or how many rules that might break, so look into it first, but since you haven't redeemed any points for any of these plats yet, it might be possible (another question for the rep if you contact them).  If none of that is an option, then you're probably SOL and should just let it go.

Edited by Matto_lsi

Assuming was your first mistake ?

But in all seriousness, it does suck. But I can see why they did it the way they did. They don't want to just hand out codes left and right to people. They want you to have to put some effort in beforehand so if you don't know about it or forget to do it they don't have to hand free money out.

1 hour ago, Mesopithecus said:

The passes are one click after you log in, so I'd hardly call that having to actively search for them and having to navigate the website to find them.

Also, I wouldn't exactly call the icons obscure and faded - example:

dbNNvhO.png

The one thing here you are correct about is that you made the mistaking in assuming the passes would automatically track.  Never assume anything, I'm not sure why you didn't log in sooner to check but this isn't Sony's fault here.  

This section is new to the site though. 

I didn't see that they existed until someone on here mentioned it. Would have never known. They did a pretty crappy job at displaying/advertising the area, but with my previous comment it's exactly why they did it the way they did.

Oh and about the slowness of the site. It's always been slow.. it's just worse now because more are using it.

Takes way longer to receive your code now compared to back when I first joined rewards.

Edited by Dangisuckatgamin

3 minutes ago, Dangisuckatgamin said:

This section is new to the site though. 

I didn't see that they existed until someone on here mentioned it. Would have never known. They did a pretty crappy job at displaying/advertising the area, but with my previous comment it's exactly why they did it the way they did.

It's not new though, I've been signed up to Sony Rewards since before the passes started and the area for the passes has been one click away as you log in since the passes were introduced.  You really don't have to search around hard to find them.

LMFAO, so not only do people like me get screwed for not clicking on the site to "activate" the trophy rewards program, it's blatantly obvious from some of these responses that others are abusing the system with multiple accounts to get extra reward points from the easiest Platinum games (or at least they are trying to do so).    

So you assumed you started getting reward points for your trophies since Nov 2017 or did you recently just found out you could get reward points for your trophies thru Sony Rewards? because it's kinda stupid if you didn't check all this time to see if you got any points or not. It's what been 8months? And people here been talking about it all the time. I see multiple threads about it on PSNP.

I don't think creating multiple accounts to abuse it, is even worth it. For me at least. Too many games to play to waste a bunch of hours for just 10$. Seems to be just a little incentive to earning some trophies.

Lots of rewards require individual activations. It sounds silly but if you want rewards you should look more into it. Every credit card I own have rewards where you have to activate yourself to qualify for them and worse, doing it once isn't enough for them. At least Sony Rewards only need you to activate once.

What I don't get is why Sony is flooding the store with easy and cheap platinums then. If I would run the company I wouldn't want to give stuff away so easily. ?

I mean, I don't really get how the system works but I wouldn't want to give people stuff for completing Slyde instead of Wolfenstein. You know, give people the illusion to get something. ?