Sony Rewards for Earning Trophies

Narniak

20 minutes ago, ERGOPROXY-DECAY said:

So you assumed you started getting reward points for your trophies since Nov 2017 or did you recently just found out you could get reward points for your trophies thru Sony Rewards? because it's kinda stupid if you didn't check all this time to see if you got any points or not. It's what been 8months? And people here been talking about it all the time. I see multiple threads about it on PSNP.

I don't think creating multiple accounts to abuse it, is even worth it. For me at least. Too many games to play to waste a bunch of hours for just 10$. Seems to be just a little incentive to earning some trophies.

Lots of rewards require individual activations. It sounds silly but if you want rewards you should look more into it. Every credit card I own have rewards where you have to activate yourself to qualify for them and worse, doing it once isn't enough for them. At least Sony Rewards only need you to activate once.

I only found out about the rewards program recently, but never checked the site to see how terrible the interface is.  The couple posts concerning this topic I saw here and elsewhere said to make sure your PSN account is linked to the Sony Rewards, and made no specific mention of having to click again at a special place within the Sony Rewards site to activate the program.

For example, from the Kotaku website article on this rewards program:

"...In order for the trophies to count towards the reward, however, you must be signed up for Sony Rewards and have your PlayStation account linked to it prior to earning them, so if you do decide to start farming for that sweet, sweet trophy lucre make sure to do that..."

I was receiving Sony Rewards for my normal purchases from the PS Store, but I hadn't checked in months because they take so long to accumulate.  I assumed this meant I was "signed up for Sony Rewards".  My PSN was obviously already linked to my Sony Rewards.

5 hours ago, Mesopithecus said:

It's not new though, I've been signed up to Sony Rewards since before the passes started and the area for the passes has been one click away as you log in since the passes were introduced.  You really don't have to search around hard to find them.

Oh. Had no idea. Thanks for the heads up. I just never enter codes for DVDs/Bluerays or any of the other stuff. Had no idea that was there LOL

6 hours ago, Narniak said:

Nope, ZERO RESPONSIBILITY lies with Sony in designing their garbage Rewards website, and then not counting trophies for my PSN account that was ALREADY LINKED.  It's 100% on me! 

Yes 100% of the RESPONSIBILITY was on you, back when this program was first announced I SIGNED INTO SONY REWARDS TO ACTIVATE SAID REWARDS my PSN account was also ALREADY LINKED but who'd have thought you'd need to ACTIVATE THE REWARDS mind blowing I know

• 1 year later...