The aiming on this game is atrocious

19 minutes ago, ddracarys said:

I'm not sure what you are referring to. I've experienced no issues with Far Cry 3 Classic Edition so far, and I'm approaching the game's conclusion.

Aiming in this game is like trying to steer a car with no power steering.  I'm surprised you haven't noticed how bad it is.  Many people are complaining about it and Ubisoft has even went as far to acknowledge it is a problem.  Not saying the game is bad just the aiming mechanics.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, steel6burgh said:

Aiming in this game is like trying to steer a car with no power steering.  I'm surprised you haven't noticed how bad it is.  Many people are complaining about it and Ubisoft has even went as far to acknowledge it is a problem.  Not saying the game is bad just the aiming mechanics.

Maybe I haven’t noticed this because I naturally play games on the highest sensitivity. I’m not sure. All I know is, I definitely haven’t had issues with aiming.

• Like 1

Didn't play it yet but just from watching YouTube vids, I almost see no difference in this remaster. Visually speaking it looks very similar to the original and only perhaps with an extra bump in resolution to 1080p, otherwise everything looks identical. 

Does it even run 60 fps? 

If not then that's a lazy remaster :/. 

Not hating on the game itself but rather the poor job of this "remaster." Game is still fantastic. 

True the aiming is terrible, but the driving in this game is far worse. I remember Far Cry 3 having shit driving, but this one feels even worse. And the amount of times it'll slide or flip because of it, much easier just to run everywhere

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, HansReaver said:

True the aiming is terrible, but the driving in this game is far worse. I remember Far Cry 3 having shit driving, but this one feels even worse. And the amount of times it'll slide or flip because of it, much easier just to run everywhere

Now this I can agree with. I earned the Platinum trophy for Far Cry 3 Classic Edition yesterday, and I experienced no issues with aiming whatsoever. Driving though? It’s like the vehicles have minds of their own! I struggled to keep a vehicle going in one direction as it swayed to the sides, sometimes even throwing me off a cliff. :facepalm:

Edited by ddracarys

Father time has not been kind to Far Cry 3.  As someone who has loved the series since Far Cry 2 came out (so 2008), Far Cry 3 is the weakest in the series excluding 1 and Blood Dragon, the 2 I haven't played.   Yes, I prefer 2.  I think it nails atmosphere and for what 2 was in 2008 compared to 3 in 2012, I think it was a stronger game.  4 and 5 are my favourites (in that order). 

I think it gets superior treatment for reasons I can't fathom.  Even at the time, I consider the story a joke - poor mission pacing, an insufferable protagonist (like my least favourite) and predictable plot. Vaas is cool, and has cool quotes.  However, he has none of the polish, duality or motivations of Pagan Min and is thus far less intriguing for me.  I consider Vaas a superbly acted character with no real purpose in the game.   Side content is most fun, but once you've done one of each thing you've done it for it all.  Oh, and as argued, controls are horrible and have aged about as well as an old man's scrotum.   I struggle to fathom how people can say 4 and 5 aren't better games.   Rose tinted glasses, maybe.  

14 hours ago, ddracarys said:

Now this I can agree with. I earned the Platinum trophy for Far Cry 3 Classic Edition yesterday, and I experienced no issues with aiming whatsoever. Driving though? It’s like the vehicles have minds of their own! I struggled to keep a vehicle going in one direction as it swayed to the sides, sometimes even throwing me off a cliff. :facepalm:

The quad bikes for supply drops were insufferable. 

Edited by phantomfear9494
  • Like 2

53 minutes ago, phantomfear9494 said:

Right?! Those were horrible! I failed one Supply Drop in particular more than I should have, due to the lack of control here. It was one that started off on a bridge, which I felt just let itself up for failure haha.

On 6/11/2018 at 5:51 PM, phantomfear9494 said:

Father time has not been kind to Far Cry 3.  As someone who has loved the series since Far Cry 2 came out (so 2008), Far Cry 3 is the weakest in the series excluding 1 and Blood Dragon, the 2 I haven't played.   Yes, I prefer 2.  I think it nails atmosphere and for what 2 was in 2008 compared to 3 in 2012, I think it was a stronger game.  4 and 5 are my favourites (in that order). 

I think it gets superior treatment for reasons I can't fathom.  Even at the time, I consider the story a joke - poor mission pacing, an insufferable protagonist (like my least favourite) and predictable plot. Vaas is cool, and has cool quotes.  However, he has none of the polish, duality or motivations of Pagan Min and is thus far less intriguing for me.  I consider Vaas a superbly acted character with no real purpose in the game.   Side content is most fun, but once you've done one of each thing you've done it for it all.  Oh, and as argued, controls are horrible and have aged about as well as an old man's scrotum.   I struggle to fathom how people can say 4 and 5 aren't better games.   Rose tinted glasses, maybe.  

Some of us find Fc5 to be a boring game in a dull environment with a terrible story, imo the choice of a band of hipsters was a poor decision as the only thing dangerous about them is the inability to think for themselves in the real world. Fc1 instincts on the original Xbox was a master piece in the day and still plays well today, if you get a chance phantom give it a go. I am a fan of games set in the tropics and tbh I think Just Cause 2 is a far better game then Fc3 though with that said imo Fc3 was and is a great game regardless of how shallow my reasons are for liking it. Moving on to the topic, the mechanics are somewhat fucked in this classic edition and this is coming from someone who only played the ps3 version quite recently. I'm pretty sure it's a PC port that will be patched once the game is officially released.

On 6/15/2018 at 5:51 PM, phantomfear9494 said:

I do need to!  Only one I haven't played.

I did play FC2 on the 360 in the day, it was quite the evolution of Fc1 and I do have it on ps3 though haven't really touched it there. If you're going to give fc1 a go, you might want to be a bit gentle with the graphics :). It is a very good game and I believe there is an hdmi cable on the market for the original xbox. It's a pity fc3c is so "clunky" in it's current status, I'm holding off playing any more until it's hopefully patched.

hmmm, I am also one that has not had any problem aiming, maybe it depends on the weapons? i use bows and sniper rifle and can land headshots quite easy. my there is some sort of aim assist option I dont know about?

but driving is horrible