Mercenaries 2 Online

2 hours ago, SnowxSakura said:

Did you use another older game to agree to the terms of service before trying to go online?

No I did not any games that you can suggest? When I went to the EA only chat service they told me the servers are down. 

2 hours ago, Mosik_YP said:

Damn, I had my eyes one this game, wasn't there a work-around for this?

I really am looking for a work around love this game and want to install it on my new account

15 minutes ago, Flacy-IRL said:

No I did not any games that you can suggest? When I went to the EA only chat service they told me the servers are down. 

Get a copy of The Orange Box and accept the agreement on there. Then you can play online.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SlimSanta94 said:

Get a copy of The Orange Box and accept the agreement on there. Then you can play online.

This confirmed to work? Will buy it in an instant if I think it will work. Why would EA say the servers are shut?

2 minutes ago, Flacy-IRL said:

This confirmed to work? Will buy it in an instant if I think it will work. Why would EA say the servers are shut?

Yes, I did this with my 2nd account to boost with last week and it works. It's shut for people that can't use this method as the game will crash on startup if you haven't accepted the agreement, that's probably why they said it.

Edited by SlimSanta94

2 hours ago, SlimSanta94 said:

Yes, I did this with my 2nd account to boost with last week and it works. It's shut for people that can't use this method as the game will crash on startup if you haven't accepted the agreement, that's probably why they said it.

Thank you so much for the help!

• 5 months later...

Ok, first off thanks to @HuntingFever for his guide. Very useful. I've done a bit of testing and wanted to post my results. 

So from my research the game launched region locked but a later patch enabled cross region coop. So far I have tried playing with someone from Ireland with a EU copy and it would not work. I tried playing with someone from Germany with another NA copy and it did not work. I've tried playing with my second copy on my second console and am able to join myself no problems whatsoever. (I am in the United States) Already popped a coop trophy. However, it is not going to be easy to solo play with two characters for the trophies. I still need to test with another NA player to see if it works. I am going to be testing it here soon to confirm and update this post. 

It should be noted that the failed attempts were tried multiple times with the different methods outlined in the guide and nothing worked. 

Edited by Afro_Gear
  • Like 1

Here's how I did it, if it helps anyone. I rented Mercs 2 again to see if I could find a partner...couldn't connect to anyone from anywhere(this is after following all the steps listed in that thread). I then rented Airborne...my main account didn't let me accept any terms, so I'm guessing I was fine there. I then used my other ps3 and accepted terms on my alt account, then rented a 2nd copy of Mercs 2. Both of my ps3's could connect after that, main account with my save....alt account with no save. For the Nothin but a good time I just called in that armored vehicle with the cannon on top, easy because the co op partner just needs to be in the car. For the airstrikes, I called in a multiples of the same few airstrikes with no luck. Then I called in one of each in the same session and both accounts got the trophy, even though my alt never did anything. Good luck guys, hope this helps.

• Like 3

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Is there a list of EA games that will let me get back online for this one? I played it like 8 years ago and never finished it, but want to get the plat. Just trying to avoid getting another shitty EA game in the process.

EDIT: Wait Just found the guide at https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/mercenaries-2-world-in-flames/80649-listen-up-people-servers-still-up-always-have-been.html (thanks to user HuntingFever)

Edited by XxViPeRsXx
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...
11 minutes ago, CallanGWProx said:

Tried using the Medal of Honor airborne method and straight of the bat says cannot connect to servers and therefore cannot register the TOC anyone has any ideas on how to fix this?

My thread on .org has a full list of games that have T&Cs that work with Mercenaries 2 so try one of the others and see if that helps. I also have various other tricks you can try :): https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/mercenaries-2-world-in-flames/80649-listen-up-people-servers-still-up-always-have-been.html

On 10/10/2020 at 2:01 PM, CallanGWProx said:

Tried using the Medal of Honor airborne method and straight of the bat says cannot connect to servers and therefore cannot register the TOC anyone has any ideas on how to fix this?

I used my copy of the Orange Box to register the TOC. I tried other games and they didn't work. Try getting yourself a copy.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 2/25/2021 at 10:10 PM, mobngas said:

get a Batlefield Bad Company

Or Orange Box, like is was mentioned above. Just launched the game and got freeze on "Connecting to EA Servers...". Luckily I came prepared with the Orange Box on the shelf =) I was a bit worried that my copy of subj was EU-version and Orange Box - NA, but it worked like a charm.

BTW, I've launched Team Fortress to accept the EA terms and hit "Quick Game" just for fun - and in less than 30 seconds I joined to 4x4 game O_O. In 2021. I was shocked. Though, it's a Saturday night (GMT), so maybe it's a common thing for such date/time =)