ShadowStar83x

Fallout Shelter Trophy Thoughts?

94 posts in this topic

20 hours ago, gamesfourever said:

Did u fully test this yourself? I've read on other fallout shelter treads on psnprofiles that this causes trophies to glitch and never pop at all.

I have been using this on my VFN_Shadow account. You can still unlock trophies. Trophies like the Vault for my vault will take a little longer as the lunch boxes don't count towards it. The trophy for leveling won't unlock if you have your date set on a different day, you have to make sure the date is correct for leveling trophies to pop when your characters level. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel like defend from 50 raider attacks is the most obnoxious one.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, TechnicalPixel said:

I have been using this on my VFN_Shadow account. You can still unlock trophies. Trophies like the Vault for my vault will take a little longer as the lunch boxes don't count towards it. The trophy for leveling won't unlock if you have your date set on a different day, you have to make sure the date is correct for leveling trophies to pop when your characters level. 

 

I don't quite understand this date thing, there is perhaps a bit more to it. For example, if I do't turn my system on for a day, the date will have changed, are you saying that Trophy will now not unlock??? I'm sure that's not what you mean, but sounds like that is what you're saying

 

The Timeskipping would 'glitch' Trophies like everyone is saying, the problem with the timeskipping is that certain requirements or Trophy logs are missed, so some requirements are never fulfilled, not that they glitch. For example, with the levelling one, I guess with timeskipping, you are missing level ups, rather than level up in numerical order, you are jumping forward from 1-12 or 46-53 for example. Maybe the timeskipping CAN enable the levelling trophy is managed right, either the game must record EVERY level up, or the game must record level 50, not jump past it

 

I'm just hoping this timeskipping is looked at properly rather than everyone just saying it glitches Trophies

 

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, GastNDorf said:

 

Well the problem with this being on PS4 is that the controls are a nightmare. You can feel it was never designed for playing with a controller, with buttons. Playing on Vita via remote play wouldn't make any difference.

Ok, but maybe u can switch the keys. Vita has Touch. I will test it after work.

But u can check stuff when not sitting at the console. This is often necessary with those browser-type-games.

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, optimusmart said:

 

I don't quite understand this date thing, there is perhaps a bit more to it. For example, if I do't turn my system on for a day, the date will have changed, are you saying that Trophy will now not unlock??? I'm sure that's not what you mean, but sounds like that is what you're saying

 

The Timeskipping would 'glitch' Trophies like everyone is saying, the problem with the timeskipping is that certain requirements or Trophy logs are missed, so some requirements are never fulfilled, not that they glitch. For example, with the levelling one, I guess with timeskipping, you are missing level ups, rather than level up in numerical order, you are jumping forward from 1-12 or 46-53 for example. Maybe the timeskipping CAN enable the levelling trophy is managed right, either the game must record EVERY level up, or the game must record level 50, not jump past it

 

I'm just hoping this timeskipping is looked at properly rather than everyone just saying it glitches Trophies

 

 

You have to turn off your internet and change the date manually in order for you to do the glitch. You leave the game on, change the date 7 days and you'll get the awards for those 7 days logins. When doing this glitch it will have an effect on the leveling trophy as it won't unlock if you do the glitch to level your character to the levels of 10, 25, and 50. When leveling your character you must have it on the correct date you are playing on so that you can get the trophy. I have two level 50's in my game and no trophy for it, It may unlock the trophy the day I got them level when it comes to that day. I am pretty sure that the leveling trophies are only affected by the timekeeping I have been getting all the other trophies no problem. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, TechnicalPixel said:

You have to turn off your internet and change the date manually in order for you to do the glitch. You leave the game on, change the date 7 days and you'll get the awards for those 7 days logins. When doing this glitch it will have an effect on the leveling trophy as it won't unlock if you do the glitch to level your character to the levels of 10, 25, and 50. When leveling your character you must have it on the correct date you are playing on so that you can get the trophy. I have two level 50's in my game and no trophy for it, It may unlock the trophy the day I got them level when it comes to that day. I am pretty sure that the leveling trophies are only affected by the timekeeping I have been getting all the other trophies no problem. 

 

I underatand the time manipulation, I have done it on many games, Portal Knights and MGSV for example, its the point u make in bold that I dont get

 

Do u mean that if u advance past the level 10 mark, say for example u are lvl 2, u then advance time, go back and ur level 12, then u will miss it?? 

 

And if u believe it to glitch then how do u know the it has to be on the same day??? 

 

That can be avoided then surely, u just plan it so u only advance time enough so u hit the level just before the level up milestones...??. 

Edited by optimusmart
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, optimusmart said:

 

I underatand the time manipulation, I have done it on many games, Portal Knights and MGSV for example, its the point u make in bold that I dont get

 

Do u mean that if u advance past the level 10 mark, say for example u are lvl 2, u then advance time, go back and ur level 12, then u will miss it?? 

 

And if u believe it to glitch then how do u know the it has to be on the same day??? 

 

That can be avoided then surely, u just plan it so u only advance time enough so u hit the level just before the level up milestones...??. 

Because I was doing the exploit and leveling my characters up I got a few characters to lvl 25 and the trophy didn't pop. I go back to the day it 's supposed to be and clicked on one of my characters that hit a level it hit the level 25 milestone and I unlocked the trophy because it was on the correct date set. So yes plan it in advance when doing the exploit don't level your dwellers up until you are on the correct date. You will only miss it if you are not on the correct date.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, TechnicalPixel said:

Because I was doing the exploit and leveling my characters up I got a few characters to lvl 25 and the trophy didn't pop. I go back to the day it 's supposed to be and clicked on one of my characters that hit a level it hit the level 25 milestone and I unlocked the trophy because it was on the correct date set. So yes plan it in advance when doing the exploit don't level your dwellers up until you are on the correct date. You will only miss it if you are not on the correct date.

So the correct date would be the present day? Not the day that you are skipping i.e 7 days. Or what would the correct date be?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ihate_ray said:

So the correct date would be the present day? Not the day that you are skipping i.e 7 days. Or what would the correct date be?

 

I think he's saying you need to be on WHEN the levelling occurs which makes sense to be honest. It's not really the date, rather you must be playing when it happens. For example, if the levelling milestone happens at 12/6/18 01:30am, but I skip time from 00:30am to 19:00, despite it being the same date, I'm sure that would void the trophy as well, because you were not active in the game when the levelling milestone occurred

 

If you skip the time forward too much so you miss the levelling milestone, then the action is missed meaning the requirement has not really been fulfilled

 

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Going to give it a go. Not usually my kind of game, but for free its worth a look. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, optimusmart said:

 

I think he's saying you need to be on WHEN the levelling occurs which makes sense to be honest. It's not really the date, rather you must be playing when it happens. For example, if the levelling milestone happens at 12/6/18 01:30am, but I skip time from 00:30am to 19:00, despite it being the same date, I'm sure that would void the trophy as well, because you were not active in the game when the levelling milestone occurred

 

If you skip the time forward too much so you miss the levelling milestone, then the action is missed meaning the requirement has not really been fulfilled

 

 

Yes, that's correct.

11 hours ago, ihate_ray said:

So the correct date would be the present day? Not the day that you are skipping i.e 7 days. Or what would the correct date be?

Yes, the present date would be the correct date. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

[...]

Edited by Jens
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Jens said:

Well my question isn't worth a new thread, so I'll just drop it here. Is it possible to achieve everything in this game pretty much blind or is a guide more or less required?

I would say that the trophy list pretty much tells you what is required to do to earn them.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, TechnicalPixel said:

Yes, that's correct.

Yes, the present date would be the correct date. 

Are you sure you have leveled a character from level 1 to 25 and not one that you got from a box? Normally they aren't level 1 when you get 'em.

Personally, I have got all the trophies timeskipping, even the level ones. Now only the raider left, I hope to find an easy way to get attacks.

There's only one trophy that is glitched, or badly coded, and it's the one you have to make a theme, a weapon and an armor. All the others you only have to save, close the app, set the right time back, and they should work.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any of you guys having luck with the time skip glitch? I was using it earlier to get boxes but then it stopped working :v the time skips works but the lunchboxes/login bonus rewards dont unlock idk its weird.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Jens said:

Well my question isn't worth a new thread, so I'll just drop it here. Is it possible to achieve everything in this game pretty much blind or is a guide more or less required?

You can do it blind, it's all pretty straightforward. Just a matter of playing the game.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ihate_ray said:

Any of you guys having luck with the time skip glitch? I was using it earlier to get boxes but then it stopped working :v the time skips works but the lunchboxes/login bonus rewards dont unlock idk its weird.

Yeah happens to me too

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Gefro-On-Defro said:

Yeah happens to me too

 

I think may be when you skip too much, the game rewards can catch up

 

U may need to find a even amount to timeskip

 

I had a dabble this morning and when skipping too much does mess up evaluation rewards. Been thinking to start a new vault with my time set at 00:00 so that the vault evaluation countdown is very simple to work out in relation to exact time that should be skipped

 

I also noticed that some things require actual real time to pass, not the system time. Raiders for example, when they are going through your vault, skipping time doesnt advance them, real time must pass with the game open

 

Changing the time, suspends the game while u are doing so

 

Can we turn off the suspend feature, I want know what would happen if u change the time with the game open, as soon as u enter press the ps button it suspends

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So any events that occur, you can't just time skip. You'll have to wait it out for your crew to complete, whether it be fire, radroach, raiders.

 

Biggest thing if you time skip, is to turn off the automatic time setting. Playing online works fine, but the automatic time reset will destroy your game making it impossible to get the daily rewards or skip objectives.

 

What happens is, if you dont turn that off, when you turn off your ps4 ( not rest mode). The game is auto reset the time to current. Its the part where the save is ahead of the current time that screws up the game.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.