Potential Offense for Trophy Unlocking

I've been playing XIV for years on PC, and only recently did I find out that you are able to also link your account from PC on PS4 to unlock trophies for things you've done. It's an easy platinum, and as I've been playing for a few years, I am well beyond the point of having fulfilled every single trophy legitimately. The question is, since the trophies are meant to pop due to me having done everything, will I be a potential suspect in cheating my way to getting 100% on the game? Especially since I assume they'll all have the same time stamp if they unlock at once. I'd rather not be seen as a cheater, but at the same time, easy platinum for something I did over a few years.

20 minutes ago, Vermilion_Joker said:

I've been playing XIV for years on PC, and only recently did I find out that you are able to also link your account from PC on PS4 to unlock trophies for things you've done. It's an easy platinum, and as I've been playing for a few years, I am well beyond the point of having fulfilled every single trophy legitimately. The question is, since the trophies are meant to pop due to me having done everything, will I be a potential suspect in cheating my way to getting 100% on the game? Especially since I assume they'll all have the same time stamp if they unlock at once. I'd rather not be seen as a cheater, but at the same time, easy platinum for something I did over a few years.

This sounds like an in-game feature, which isn't flaggable. An example is that it's okay for people to transfer their characters between platforms on GTA5 and have the trophies autopop. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Phil said:

Built-in cross save features are legit. I don't see why you'd be flagged. Even if you were, it would be lifted anyways. I looked at the fastest achiever list and a whole bunch of people have earned the plat in under 2 hours. I'm assuming you'd still have to do something specific to the console version to finish the plat.

Only thing I can think that'll make me work a bit is the trophy for beating the base story, since it's allegedly glitched. It can either pop the moment you log into the character, or you have to restart with another character to have it pop. That's the only one with issues, apparently.

1 minute ago, Kittet3 said:

This sounds like an in-game feature, which isn't flaggable. An example is that it's okay for people to transfer their characters between platforms on GTA5 and have the trophies autopop. 

Oh, alright! I didn't know that. I'll get to that free platinum soon then lol.

8 minutes ago, Vermilion_Joker said:

Only thing I can think that'll make me work a bit is the trophy for beating the base story, since it's allegedly glitched. It can either pop the moment you log into the character, or you have to restart with another character to have it pop. That's the only one with issues, apparently.

Oh, alright! I didn't know that. I'll get to that free platinum soon then lol.

My understanding it is not glitched you just have to transfer your character before you complete the final base story mission. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, cjshaitan said:

My understanding it is not glitched you just have to transfer your character before you complete the final base story mission. 

If that's the case, then I have to start a new character just to get that MSQ trophy, BIG OOF. I'll be at 37/39 for a good while because it's a damn chore, that MSQ.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Vermilion_Joker said:

If that's the case, then I have to start a new character just to get that MSQ trophy, BIG OOF. I'll be at 37/39 for a good while because it's a damn chore, that MSQ.

Oh well could be worse, imagining doing 1000 fates again. I hope you get a chance to do the expansions. The story just gets better and better. 

4 hours ago, Vermilion_Joker said:

You only need to do 1 MSQ quest, even from the expansion, doesnt need to be last.

Another way can be to buy the ARR quest book from mogshop if you have done ALL quests, and open it on the new character.

So do 1 thing of everything. Fish 1 time, craft 1 time on each class, gather on each class, do 1 fate, kill 1 monster, do 1 wolves den pvp, do 1 levequest, do 1 instanced raid dungeon (Can do ifrit HM solo xD). Only thing that will take some work is getting like another person for Coil of bahamut T5 :P

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/9/2018 at 5:40 AM, Cissa90 said:

You only need to do 1 MSQ quest, even from the expansion, doesnt need to be last.

Sorry for the late post on this but I wanted to point out that I actually got it just by doing a level 10 side quest in Bentbranch. Which is good, since I had all of the MSQ finished up to date at the time. Doing any quest should pop that particular achievement. For the crafting/gathering ones you just have to make/harvest an item. For the "instanced raids," I just did an unsynced run of Ifrit normal and one-shot him to get the trophy to pop.

Ultimately, you just need to do something that would have made that particular trophy pop to get it to come up. For the one involving Coil, just do an unsynced run at Turn 5 (the Twintania fight). No need to do the others leading up to it - unless you don't have them unlocked/never did them before.

Good luck on getting that platinum! I need to finish getting mine, as well.